Author Topic: £13,680 scammed on my credit card!  (Read 5345 times)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
£13,680 scammed on my credit card!
« on: August 31, 2013, 09:08:08 AM »
 Banghead Banghead Banghead

I mentioned this the other day but now the details are coming in with my online statement.

How the flying fuck can someone get away with multiple transactions at the same two clothing stores in Las Vegas (Gucci and Fendi btw) on an obvious foreign card number without someone in the store(s) being extremely stupid?

No I take that back

How the flying fuck etc etc without someone in the store(s) being extremely complicit?

Anyway the saga rolls on, I have persuaded Visa that no I will not make the immediate payment they demanded to get me below the credit limit.  Words like "which part of you saying you'd cancelled the fraudulent transactions did I misunderstand" were used.

If you see a "used kidney, one mostly careful owner" on sale on eBay you'll know it has gone badly so please bid generously

Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: £13,680 scammed on my credit card!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 09:09:58 AM »
Is it a cloned card or did you lose it?
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 09:36:29 AM »

Sounds like he has almost lost it.  noooo:
I mostly despair

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 09:40:25 AM »
Cloned and almost certainly from when I was in the USA in May

They won't let me know the details of all the transactions, I've seen just over half of them by value and they are all over £1k each. 

I consider myself a fairly robust person but I dread to think how some might react seeing a bill like that arrive with an immediate demand for £thousands

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 04:51:39 PM »
Checks e=bay........ whistle:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2013, 04:57:00 PM »

How the flying fuck can someone get away with multiple transactions at the same two clothing stores in Las Vegas (Gucci and Fendi btw) on an obvious foreign card number without someone in the store(s) being extremely stupid?

How the flying fuck etc etc without someone in the store(s) being extremely complicit?

If you see a "used kidney, one mostly careful owner" on sale on eBay you'll know it has gone badly so please bid generously

happy100

The last time I was in USA there were no chip and pin machines used and not once did anyone check my signature against the card ... noooo:

That was only two years ago...  eeek:

I need a  kidney only got one so can I have first refusal  angel1 oh and mates rates of course  redface:
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

Offline Nick

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2013, 05:14:35 PM »
A steak and kidney pie  rubschin:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 05:20:08 PM »

happy100

The last time I was in USA there were no chip and pin machines used and not once did anyone check my signature against the card ... noooo:

I need a  kidney only got one so can I have first refusal  angel1 oh and mates rates of course  redface:

You don't want one of Steve's kidneys, they have had boiling urine through them by the sound of it.
I mostly despair

Offline Nick

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 05:20:41 PM »
Growler is the expert  cloud9:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 06:20:46 PM »
Growler is the expert  cloud9:

cloud9:

I've lost and cancelled my debit card.

This cloning is a major problem and of great concern, and wtf's all this shite about this new method of purchasing stuff up to the value of 20 snotters without ANY i.d, pin numbers or signatures all about too ey?
Absolutely unbelievable. eeek:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 06:21:24 PM »
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

Offline Nick

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2013, 06:41:52 PM »
I have had similar problems. They always back down and you get a refund :thumbsup:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2013, 06:58:18 PM »

happy100

You don't want one of Steve's kidneys, they have had boiling urine through them by the sound of it.
lol:

Oh yes.  But not about this as (maybe naively) as Nick's experience says I figure Visa will sort it.  Mrs K is a bit put out by it

Posted it up really as thought it would amuse and a cautionary tale

Offline Landlady

• Fool Member
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2013, 03:02:59 PM »

happy100

lol:

Oh yes.  But not about this as (maybe naively) as Nick's experience says I figure Visa will sort it.  Mrs K is a bit put out by it

Not a nice feeling at all Steve - and yes I agree (in some cases) the stores/operators are complicit  evil:
We had an instance a few years back over here after having paid for Opera tickets - luckily for us they started (ha ha ) using the card almost immediately and when we went to draw cash the next day we couldner  noooo:
Then the palaver of confirming that no we had not spent xxxxx amount of Ethiopian airline tickets - card blocked, new issued etc etc
But it does send a bit of a funny tingle up your back because it just reconfirms that there are a lot of dodgy people out there............ and (heed this please BM) you need to check your transactions VERY CAREFULLY

Any-ways, drivel over - hope you get it all sorted out quickly  pathead:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2013, 03:04:43 PM »

happy100

lol:

Not a nice feeling at all Steve - and yes I agree (in some cases) the stores/operators are complicit  evil:
We had an instance a few years back over here after having paid for Opera tickets - luckily for us they started (ha ha ) using the card almost immediately and when we went to draw cash the next day we couldner  noooo:
Then the palaver of confirming that no we had not spent xxxxx amount of Ethiopian airline tickets - card blocked, new issued etc etc
But it does send a bit of a funny tingle up your back because it just reconfirms that there are a lot of dodgy people out there............ and (heed this please BM) you need to check your transactions VERY CAREFULLY

Any-ways, drivel over - hope you get it all sorted out quickly  pathead:

rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: