Author Topic: £13,680 scammed on my credit card!  (Read 5339 times)

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
Re: £13,680 scammed on my credit card!
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2013, 03:08:37 PM »

How the flying fuck can someone get away with multiple transactions at the same two clothing stores in Las Vegas (Gucci and Fendi btw) on an obvious foreign card number without someone in the store(s) being extremely stupid?

How the flying fuck etc etc without someone in the store(s) being extremely complicit?

If you see a "used kidney, one mostly careful owner" on sale on eBay you'll know it has gone badly so please bid generously

happy100

The last time I was in USA there were no chip and pin machines used and not once did anyone check my signature against the card ... noooo:

That was only two years ago...  eeek:

I need a  kidney only got one so can I have first refusal  angel1 oh and mates rates of course  redface:

You don't want one of Steve's kidneys, they have had boiling urine through them by the sound of it.
lol:

Oh yes.  But not about this as (maybe naively) as Nick's experience says I figure Visa will sort it.  Mrs K is a bit put out by it

Posted it up really as thought it would amuse and a cautionary tale

Not a nice feeling at all Steve - and yes I agree (in some cases) the stores/operators are complicit  evil:
We had an instance a few years back over here after having paid for Opera tickets - luckily for us they started (ha ha ) using the card almost immediately and when we went to draw cash the next day we couldner  noooo:
Then the palaver of confirming that no we had not spent xxxxx amount of Ethiopian airline tickets - card blocked, new issued etc etc
But it does send a bit of a funny tingle up your back because it just reconfirms that there are a lot of dodgy people out there............ and (heed this please BM) you need to check your transactions VERY CAREFULLY

Any-ways, drivel over - hope you get it all sorted out quickly  pathead:

rubschin:

Especially those special websites....... noooo:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2013, 03:09:50 PM »

How the flying fuck can someone get away with multiple transactions at the same two clothing stores in Las Vegas (Gucci and Fendi btw) on an obvious foreign card number without someone in the store(s) being extremely stupid?

How the flying fuck etc etc without someone in the store(s) being extremely complicit?

If you see a "used kidney, one mostly careful owner" on sale on eBay you'll know it has gone badly so please bid generously

happy100

The last time I was in USA there were no chip and pin machines used and not once did anyone check my signature against the card ... noooo:

I need a  kidney only got one so can I have first refusal  angel1 oh and mates rates of course  redface:

You don't want one of Steve's kidneys, they have had boiling urine through them by the sound of it.
lol:

Oh yes.  But not about this as (maybe naively) as Nick's experience says I figure Visa will sort it.  Mrs K is a bit put out by it

Not a nice feeling at all Steve - and yes I agree (in some cases) the stores/operators are complicit  evil:
We had an instance a few years back over here after having paid for Opera tickets - luckily for us they started (ha ha ) using the card almost immediately and when we went to draw cash the next day we couldner  noooo:
Then the palaver of confirming that no we had not spent xxxxx amount of Ethiopian airline tickets - card blocked, new issued etc etc
But it does send a bit of a funny tingle up your back because it just reconfirms that there are a lot of dodgy people out there............ and (heed this please BM) you need to check your transactions VERY CAREFULLY

rubschin:

Mini parts?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2013, 03:10:57 PM »

happy100

lol:

rubschin:

Mini parts?

of course........ whistle:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2013, 03:27:07 PM »
. . .

Cheers LL

Just checked and it's still showing the duff transactions and way over credit limit

I guess it's going to take some time.  13 grand is way more than the profit Visa will make from me in any real time frame or indeed ever so they're not going to write it off and will be saying tough luck to the stores and they are hardly going to be happy writing it off either so will be saying it was really me.  So we'll have all the fun and games of someone looking at CCTV etc and saying "look with that ugly visage and mutant features it must be Steve"

Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Landlady

• Fool Member
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2013, 03:33:20 PM »

happy100

lol:

rubschin:

Mini parts?

For mini tools  eveilgrin: eyes: evil: eeek:

Offline Landlady

• Fool Member
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2013, 03:36:10 PM »
. . .

Cheers LL

Just checked and it's still showing the duff transactions and way over credit limit

I guess it's going to take some time.  13 grand is way more than the profit Visa will make from me in any real time frame or indeed ever so they're not going to write it off and will be saying tough luck to the stores and they are hardly going to be happy writing it off either so will be saying it was really me.  So we'll have all the fun and games of someone looking at CCTV etc and saying "look with that ugly visage and mutant features it must be Steve"

What happens to your credit limit in the mean time ???
You have (I Hope) insisted they issue a new card....................

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2013, 03:47:13 PM »
Oh yes, I have the new card and they immediately blocked that until I clear the excess over the credit limit  Banghead

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2013, 04:18:57 PM »
Well some progress. 

About half of the scam transactions have been erased but seems I have to wait another 2 weeks at least to see if the rest "will be refunded"  Slightly worrying that wording

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2013, 04:40:03 PM »
Well some progress. 

About half of the scam transactions have been erased but seems I have to wait another 2 weeks at least to see if the rest "will be refunded"  Slightly worrying that wording

rubschin:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2013, 04:53:59 PM »
Well some progress. 

rubschin:   I have to say Nat West refunded me within a day and pursued the matter with no detriment to me.... eeek:
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2013, 05:04:46 PM »
Well some progress. 

rubschin:   I have to say Nat West refunded me within a day and pursued the matter with no detriment to me.... eeek:

They don't trust Steve...... noooo:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2013, 05:17:48 PM »
Well some progress. 

You need to have sympathy with that  ... whistle:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2013, 05:23:19 PM »
Well some progress. 

evil:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2013, 05:49:56 PM »
Well some progress. 

evil:

Wot why you giving me the evil eye  eeek:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2013, 06:09:04 PM »
Well some progress. 

evil:

Wot why you giving me the evil eye  eeek:
Cos he a decent sort of bloke and you're being a nasty taunting person?

Was it that much on your Nat West?  Visa have immediately struck it off for me before when it was about £700