Disgusterous

Author Topic: TG gets his Jollies.  (Read 5859 times)

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
Re: TG gets his Jollies.
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2007, 08:01:27 PM »
the WAG (Welsh Assembly Gov)

Tsk... and there was me thinking WAG meant...

::) redface:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2007, 08:57:12 PM »
I don't think I will be able to get Mrs TG down a mine (though the thought has crossed my mind in the past) but I feel a lot better about my trip now. Thanks for the link Puss.   happy088
I think my cat wants to kill me...

Sour Puss

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2007, 10:33:02 PM »
I don't think I will be able to get Mrs TG down a mine (though the thought has crossed my mind in the past) but I feel a lot better about my trip now. Thanks for the link Puss.   happy088

You are most welcome.  8)

Serious hat on, I found it ( going down the mine) a very interesting experience, I was a tad worried as I have been in a number of cave systems in various parts of the world and found them mildly claustrophobic. Perhaps it was the forced air, but I had no problems at all down the mine.

If you do persuade her, take a coat, it is damp and cool down there and wear flat / sensible / waterproof shoes.

If all else fails you are not far from here as well, http://www.bridgenddesigneroutlet.com/consumer.asp?url=mcarthurglen if she is into retail therapy?   whistle:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2007, 08:02:46 AM »

I read this 3 times, as it seemed a bit out of character for TG.

At the third attempt, I realised it was 'down a mine' not 'down on mine', although both make perfect sense. redface:
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2007, 08:13:43 AM »

At the third attempt, I realised it was 'down a mine' not 'down on mine', although both make perfect sense. redface:

http://www.specsaversdirect.com/cgi-bin/wspd_cgi.sh/ctrydelv.w?bjChcdFkUYaquHii=co.uk
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2007, 11:41:01 AM »

http://www.specsaversdirect.com/cgi-bin/wspd_cgi.sh/ctrydelv.w?bjChcdFkUYaquHii=co.uk
cussing:
I mostly despair

Misunderstood

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2007, 09:07:19 AM »
Clydach Vale? That sounds ominous. Dare I Google it?  scared2:

It's a (little-er) town uphill from Tonypandy which means one has to go through Tonypandy to get in or out,  see?

Check with me afterwards, I have a small supply of anti-Tonypandy pills.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2007, 09:33:45 AM »
the WAG (Welsh Assembly Gov)

Tsk... and there was me thinking WAG meant...

::) redface:

Don't be embarrassed. I have much joy in receiving mail from them. They love referring to themselves as WAG and those members that I have met seem totally unaware of Footballer WAGs.
They tend to live in a very small world of their own making thses Welsh Assembly Government people

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2007, 10:17:55 AM »
scared2:

noooo:

The Whicker man was in Scotland.... We have far more intersting things to do to visitors to Wales....

http://www.pagemost.com/CF402DA

Take a look at some of these.

If you want a personal guide you only have to ask. I am about 8 miles away. whistle:

REMEMBER

All museums in WALES are free thanks to the WAG (Welsh Assembly Gov)
Highly recommende are The Museum of Welsh Life  (See the link) 100 acres of grounds around St Fagans Castle where they have a collection of buildings from all over Wales (Demolished and rebuilt on site brick for brick, or stone for stone). Cardiff Museum, where they have a summer exibition of some of the most amazing art in the country for a limited time.
Just a short distance away is the Big Pit (yes, it is now a museum and is FREE) you get to go down the mines and spend a while underground, it is a fantastic experience.   
cloud9:

Well almost ready...

Loins girded, boar spear sharpened, train tickets purchased.

Thanks to Ms Galore we are definitely going to St Fagans which looks..er..nice. But far more interestingly it is confirmed we going down the PIT!

Mrs TG has just read it's a 300ft drop down the 'pit cage' and is now bricking it.   point:

She is also not happy that they will take her moby off her, I have told her reception is not good down coal mines but god help the poor bastard that has to take it from her.  scared2:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2007, 10:25:56 AM »
I should keep quiet about this then.  whistle:

BEIJING (Reuters) - Two Chinese brothers who tunneled their way out of a coal mine collapse after being trapped for nearly six days survived by eating coal and drinking urine, a local newspaper reported on Tuesday.
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2007, 11:49:08 AM »
I shall take some sarnies and a bottle of Vimto just in case South Wales falls on us.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2007, 11:52:10 AM »
I shall take some sarnies and a bottle of Vimto just in case South Wales falls on us.
Don?t bother making sarnies? just take a flask of boiling water and a cup ? hey presto, instant pot noodle!  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Sour Puss

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2007, 01:04:04 PM »

Well almost ready...

Loins girded, boar spear sharpened, train tickets purchased.

Thanks to Ms Galore we are definitely going to St Fagans which looks..er..nice. But far more interestingly it is confirmed we going down the PIT!

Mrs TG has just read it's a 300ft drop down the 'pit cage' and is now bricking it.   point:

She is also not happy that they will take her moby off her, I have told her reception is not good down coal mines but god help the poor bastard that has to take it from her.  scared2:

I hope you have / had a good time, I had forgotten they took my keys and phone off me, sorry should have mentioned that. They have a locker topside, which they lock it all up in and you get it back as soon as you step out of the cage and give them their hard hats and lanterns back (The power packs are not too heavy!).

St Fagan?s is just good fun, and very good for history, don?t spend too long indoors in weather like this, get out and about in the grounds. Don?t miss the house of the future.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2007, 01:08:46 PM »
And don't forget to go for a walk in the Brecon Beacons ~ One of the few redeeming features of this principality.
(Present company excepted of course)

« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 01:12:05 PM by Snoopy »

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2007, 07:38:02 PM »
And don't forget to go for a walk in the Brecon Beacons ~ One of the few redeeming features of this principality.
(Present company excepted of course)

I'm knackered already!  eeek: