Author Topic: Cruises  (Read 2850 times)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: Cruises
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2013, 03:04:23 PM »
There's a train that takes several days to go from Vancouver to Toronto.  We got off after 1 day and flew the rest.   Several of the other passengers had that "you lucky bastards, you got parole" look about them

I guess on a cruise you have more space to move around and it's easier getting rid of the bodies of those that offended you but I reckon 2 days is all I could take
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2013, 03:51:24 PM »
I might make an exception for the Fjords.
Great and possibly the best way way to see them? rubschin:

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2013, 03:54:41 PM »
Who are Mr and Mrs Fjord? rubschin:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2013, 03:58:23 PM »
Who are Mr and Mrs Fjord? rubschin:

::)

You ever been?
No?
Well SHUT TF up then, tar. :thumbsup:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2013, 03:58:52 PM »
Fjords?  Weren't they the ones where Slartibartfast designed all the crinkly bits?

Prolly like the Alps, once you've seen your 9th one they are just that little bit dull
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2013, 04:01:39 PM »
Fjords?  Weren't they the ones where Slartibartfast designed all the crinkly bits?

Prolly like the Alps, once you've seen your 9th one they are just that little bit dull

Sheeple say that about me and 'me 'ill' tbh. ::)

Been up there hundreds of times now, but NEVER get bored.
Just so nice to get away from every day dramas and general crap, and to soak up the tranquility and clean crisp fresh air with no one to nag you. cloud9:

Went to The Alps last year and spent most of the time just standing around ogling at the sheer immense beauty of the place. cloud9:

Wouldn't be good if we all liked the same things.
Some come from all over the werld to visit the biggest shit 'ole very near here that exists on the planet apparently.
It's called Cheshire Oaks outlet village, and is overflowing with over priced over rated pure and utter shite, and also overflowing with utter dead brained cock a doodle do 'eds too. ::)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 04:06:54 PM by GROWLER »

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2013, 04:58:58 PM »
I used to work on a gorgeous cruise ship. Absolutely beautiful. What I never understood was the two huge swimming pools on the top deck?????  rubschin:

I got sea sick in Southampton but the rest of the journey was fine. Bare in mind I get seasick in a lift. It wasn't the biggest or bestest in some ports but it was like a palace. Food was out of this world and there were buffets in diffferent places 24 hours a day.

The only thing is that when you dock you obviously are restricted to how much time you spend in each place, which for me takes the fun out of a holiday. I prefer to come and go as I please. Saying that, there was little need to leave at all as the ship was like a 5* hotel. Fuck exploring the sights, wait til the tourists go to buy nicknacks then you get the pool all to yourself.  :thumbsup:

Offline Nick

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2013, 05:02:08 PM »
I used to work on a gorgeous cruise ship. Absolutely beautiful. What I never understood was the two huge swimming pools on the top deck?????  rubschin:

I got sea sick in Southampton but the rest of the journey was fine. Bare in mind I get seasick in a lift. It wasn't the biggest or bestest in some ports but it was like a palace. Food was out of this world and there were buffets in diffferent places 24 hours a day.

The only thing is that when you dock you obviously are restricted to how much time you spend in each place, which for me takes the fun out of a holiday. I prefer to come and go as I please. Saying that, there was little need to leave at all as the ship was like a 5* hotel. Fuck exploring the sights, wait til the tourists go to buy nicknacks then you get the pool all to yourself:thumbsup:

Just as well in your case  ::)

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2013, 05:09:53 PM »

The only thing is that when you dock you obviously are restricted to how much time you spend in each place, which for me takes the fun out of a holiday. I prefer to come and go as I please. Saying that, there was little need to leave at all as the ship was like a 5* hotel. Fuck exploring the sights, wait til the tourists go to buy nicknacks then you get the pool all to yourself:thumbsup:

Just as well in your case  ::)
Hi NIck  ::) missed you and your witty banter.

Offline Nick

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2013, 05:11:49 PM »
 redface:

Kiss kiss  :thumbsup:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2013, 05:29:48 PM »
Yes or no?
Shite or brill?
Discuss.

Me?
Rather spend a period of time locked up in Wandswerth people watching than being stuck on one of them.

Depends entirely on the terms and conditions; for me they were very favourable. I don't think it'd be your thing for an instant ... but the Fjords were amazing!
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2013, 06:15:33 PM »
Yes or no?
Shite or brill?
Discuss.

Me?
Rather spend a period of time locked up in Wandswerth people watching than being stuck on one of them.

Depends entirely on the terms and conditions; for me they were very favourable. I don't think it'd be your thing for an instant ... but the Fjords were amazing!

Why?  confused:
What you suggesting? eeek:
That I'm an unsociable git p'raps? cry:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2013, 06:23:14 PM »
Yes or no?
Shite or brill?
Discuss.

Me?

Why?  confused:

Maybe coz you already have a fjord already........  Thumbs:

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2013, 06:28:56 PM »
Yes or no?
Shite or brill?
Discuss.

Me?

Why?  confused:

Maybe coz you already have a fjord already........  Thumbs:

drumroll:

Offline beerhead

• Wet behind the ears
  • Not quite a regular
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2013, 06:46:02 PM »
I worked on one for a couple of months. The only fun we had was running a book on how many of the coffin dodgers would cark it before the end of the cruise. I would never, ever, ever pay to go on one.
Not quite a regular ! Regular as clockwork me !