Author Topic: Cruises  (Read 2841 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Re: Cruises
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2013, 06:58:02 PM »
I worked on one for a couple of months. The only fun we had was running a book on how many of the coffin dodgers would cark it before the end of the cruise. I would never, ever, ever pay to go on one.

lol:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2013, 07:06:47 PM »
I worked on one for a couple of months. The only fun we had was running a book on how many of the coffin dodgers would cark it before the end of the cruise. I would never, ever, ever pay to go on one.

lol:

Non-celebrity death bingo.......... rubschin:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2013, 08:24:40 PM »
Everyone to their own. I really enjoyed the cruise and would happily go on another. Plenty to do, plenty to eat and drink, got to know some interesting people and a chance for a bit of sightseeing at the stopovers. Great way to spend a holiday.

Also, long train journeys are an excellent way of holiday travel. I've travelled across the Rockies, travelled down the Californian coast and made trips across India. Yes, there were some boring bits but mainly they were highly enjoyable.

It seems to me that some people hold a contempt for others that says more about them than the people they meet. Yes, there are some real dipsticks in the world but most are fine and interesting when you take a bit of effort to get to know them.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2013, 08:28:28 PM »
After reading through this thread, I realise I had very much got the wrong end of the stick.

I mostly despair

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2013, 08:35:49 PM »
Everyone to their own. I really enjoyed the cruise and would happily go on another. Plenty to do, plenty to eat and drink, got to know some interesting people and a chance for a bit of sightseeing at the stopovers. Great way to spend a holiday.

Also, long train journeys are an excellent way of holiday travel. I've travelled across the Rockies, travelled down the Californian coast and made trips across India. Yes, there were some boring bits but mainly they were highly enjoyable.

It seems to me that some people hold a contempt for others that says more about them than the people they meet. Yes, there are some real dipsticks in the world but most are fine and interesting when you take a bit of effort to get to know them.

Fancy a train trip.
That Siberian railway trip sounds good to me. Thumbs:

Not so much the sheeple that worry me, as i ignore most nowadays, more the same old boring view of water water water, oh and of course the fear of stormy seas too.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2013, 08:43:51 PM »

Fancy a train trip.
That Siberian railway trip sounds good to me. Thumbs:

Not so much the sheeple that worry me, as i ignore most nowadays, more the same old boring view of water water water, oh and of course the fear of stormy seas too.

I think you will find the Trans-Siberian Express window view is more snow than water.
I mostly despair

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2013, 08:45:09 PM »
I likes snow. cloud9:
I likes trains too. cloud9:

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2013, 08:53:04 PM »
And cakes :thumbsup:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2013, 08:58:13 PM »
I likes snow. cloud9:
Best train journey we did was the Ghan that crosses Oz South North and yes we did talk to some interesting people.  All of two of them who we really got on well with and went eating and drinking with post train journey. 

But most were just shallow and there was a truly awful couple who could only see the decent couple's politics and insisted on talking to us at length one evening about how awful they were.   

And the Oz Outback which is brilliant to drive through just doesn't work for me when viewed from a train (must be the line of sight angles)

But each to his own and if cruises work for you Uncle then brilliant and I hope you get to do many more.
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2013, 09:08:48 PM »
I likes snow. cloud9:
Best train journey we did was the Ghan that crosses Oz South North and yes we did talk to some interesting people.  All of two of them who we really got on well with and went eating and drinking with post train journey. 

But most were just shallow and there was a truly awful couple who could only see the decent couple's politics and insisted on talking to us at length one evening about how awful they were.   

And the Oz Outback which is brilliant to drive through just doesn't work for me when viewed from a train (must be the line of sight angles)

But each to his own and if cruises work for you Uncle then brilliant and I hope you get to do many more.

Indeed.

The Monster In Law luvs 'em.

Trying to persuade her to go on a werld cruise....and to take her daughter with her like, you know, to look after her like. whistle:

I think that was a very caring suggestion from me that was. angel1
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 09:14:38 PM by GROWLER »

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2013, 09:09:50 PM »
I have to admit that when crossing the Rockies my then to be wife was heard to mutter "not another bloody mountain".  She was underwhelmed by the Grand Canyon as well.  noooo:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2013, 09:12:08 PM »
I have to admit that when crossing the Rockies my then to be wife was heard to mutter "not another bloody mountain".  She was underwhelmed by the Grand Canyon as well.  noooo:

Now you see, mountains just do it for me.
Dunno what it is about them. ..just luv 'em..loads.
I'd be quite content living on one tbh.
Love heights with stunning views. cloud9:

Meet some really top people out in the wilds too. :thumbsup:
Same interests i suppose.

Never meet a chav or chavette up a BIG 'ill. noooo:
Do meet the odd one up 'me 'ill' at weekends though sometimes, usually wearing high heels or flip flops. ::)

« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 09:17:45 PM by GROWLER »

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2013, 09:19:40 PM »
I like her already.  Mrs K is just the same

Don't take Mrs Uncle to see the fall in New England,  once you've seen 100 red trees the prospect of another 20,000 fills you with zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2013, 09:21:41 PM »
I like her already.  Mrs K is just the same

Don't take Mrs Uncle to see the fall in New England,  once you've seen 100 red trees the prospect of another 20,000 fills you with zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Don't actually think he's with her anymore Steve. whistle:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2013, 09:28:41 PM »
Ah well  redface:, prolly all down to the Grand Canyon