Disgusterous

Author Topic: The All New Elfin Safety Thread  (Read 2819 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
The All New Elfin Safety Thread
« on: September 28, 2013, 10:11:04 AM »
I thought we had one of these but I couldn't find it.... perhaps it was removed for Elfin Safety reasons.... or to protect an cheeeldren or summat....? Shrugs:

Anyhoooo...

How I larfed last night like...

Went to the village amphitheatre which was absolutely packed solid - 1,000+ people in there...

This place...

...but with more people, all with chairs, cushions, lunch boxes and loadsabooze....

About ten minutes before the show started I made a comment about how amazing it was that the village people (yes, YMCA, etc. ::)) had managed to build the place all those years ago and it hadn't fallen down, sprung a leak etc....

Just then the power went off - pitch black the place was, not a single emergency light or illuminated 'Exit' sign in the whole place! happy001

So what did we do...? We just sat there and kept eating and drinking until they fixed it of course!  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online apc2010

• Power Poster
Re: The All New Elfin Safety Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 11:35:38 AM »
I thought we had one of these but I couldn't find it.... perhaps it was removed for Elfin Safety reasons.... or to protect an cheeeldren or summat....? Shrugs:

Anyhoooo...

Went to the village amphitheatre which was absolutely packed solid - 1,000+ people in there...

This place...

...but with more people, all with chairs, cushions, lunch boxes and loadsabooze....

About ten minutes before the show started I made a comment about how amazing it was that the village people (yes, YMCA, etc. ::)) had managed to build the place all those years ago and it hadn't fallen down, sprung a leak etc....

Just then the power went off - pitch black the place was, not a single emergency light or illuminated 'Exit' sign in the whole place! happy001

So what did we do...? We just sat there and kept eating and drinking until they fixed it of course!  Thumbs:

Was the concert any good......... rubschin:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 11:40:19 AM »
. .Just then the power went off - pitch black the place was, not a single emergency light or illuminated 'Exit' sign in the whole place! happy001 . . .

And some wit said "cor just like we're back at school in Aberfan"

H&S ain't all bad
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 11:49:03 AM »
. .Just then the power went off - pitch black the place was, not a single emergency light or illuminated 'Exit' sign in the whole place! happy001 . . .

H&S ain't all bad

Like your kettle, it is all a matter of scale.
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2013, 11:58:43 AM »

H&S ain't all bad

Like your kettle, it is all a matter of scale.

lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 11:59:22 AM »

Anyhoooo...

This place...

It was awesome!  Thumbs:

They are on in Tala tonight if you can get there...?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 12:07:54 PM »

Anyhoooo...

This place...

It was awesome!  Thumbs:

nah if anywhere will be kouklia ....black cab and the band from the rose pub............

it's free......... whistle:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 12:11:44 PM »

Anyhoooo...

This place...

It was awesome!  Thumbs:

nah if anywhere will be kouklia ....black cab and the band from the rose pub............

it's free......... whistle:

Kouklia you say....?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online apc2010

• Power Poster

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 12:42:44 PM »
http://cyprusliving.netfirms.com/phpbb/nfphpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=50330

How are you getting there without a car then...?  rubschin:

Not going now ........saving myself for the real booze-a-thon ''

Or Miss T told me I am not allowed to get pissed tonight and ruin tomorrow..... redface:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2013, 12:45:53 PM »
http://cyprusliving.netfirms.com/phpbb/nfphpbb/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=50330

How are you getting there without a car then...?  rubschin:

Not going now ........saving myself for the real booze-a-thon ''

Or Miss T told me I am not allowed to get pissed tonight and ruin tomorrow..... redface:

point:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2013, 05:49:51 PM »

Anyhoooo...

This place...

Thank god there are still places like that in this country. As previously mentioned, I visited the Minack Theatre in Cornwall earlier this week and was amazed at the lack of H & S but also happy to see that it was really down to good old common sense. Rowena Cade who more or less built the thing in the 1930's must have been one determined woman  happ096

LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2013, 06:04:50 PM »
There is a kiddies play park just up the road from here...

When developers build a project they have to give 20% of the land back to the village... It is called the 'green area'....

Theoretically, the village maintains it, in reality they never do...  noooo:

So it either just grows weeds and has stuff dumped on it or the developer can do something with it to keep the place looking nice...

Some just put a path through and a couple of benches and lights but more popular is to turn it into a little play park... Although why anybody would want to have a play park next to their luxury villa is completely beyond me....

Anyhooo... just up the road is this little play park built in the 'green area' between two houses...

They put in some paths and planted trees... It has swings, a slide and a see-saw.... and a precipitous drop over the edge of the cliff with no barrier! happy001

I'll take some pictures tomorrer...

There is another just round the corner, lights, benches, swings and slide.... they've planted Oleander all around that one which as some of you may know is highly poisonous!

Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2013, 06:10:20 PM »
There is a kiddies play park just up the road from here...

When developers build a project they have to give 20% of the land back to the village... It is called the 'green area'....

Theoretically, the village maintains it, in reality they never do...  noooo:

So it either just grows weeds and has stuff dumped on it or the developer can do something with it to keep the place looking nice...

Some just put a path through and a couple of benches and lights but more popular is to turn it into a little play park... Although why anybody would want to have a play park next to their luxury villa is completely beyond me....

Anyhooo... just up the road is this little play park built in the 'green area' between two houses...

They put in some paths and planted trees... It has swings, a slide and a see-saw.... and a precipitous drop over the edge of the cliff with no barrier! happy001

I'll take some pictures tomorrer...

There is another just round the corner, lights, benches, swings and slide.... they've planted Oleander all around that one which as some of you may know is highly poisonous!
  eeek:  and  eeek: and an all round  Banghead

Is that Cyprus' version of population control?
Well, whatever, nevermind