Disgusterous

Author Topic: More riots ?  (Read 3439 times)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: More riots ?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2014, 02:07:35 PM »
"Whoever desires to found a state and give it laws, must start with assuming that all men are bad and ever ready to display their vicious nature, whenever they may find occasion for it."
--Niccolo Machiavelli

Unfortunately until we have a government that remembers this simple fact we are going to be stuck with not just a justice system that provides no deterrent and a society that just keeps churning out more of these scrotes. Lenient sentencing and so called open prisons are a bloody joke, don't know if anyone caught this in the news the other day

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2535105/Ten-prisoners-including-killer-armed-robber-arsonist-run-escaping-jail-notorious-prison-breaks.html

Maybe I'm missing something here but why the hell are people who have been convicted of violent crimes placed in an open prison and allowed out for the day?
Quite

And why do they make the last months of a sentence in the easiest prisons?  If we want to deter recidivist crime then I want the last thing they remember of prison is just how grim it can be.

And each repeat offence = successively double the sentence.    So what if we need 100,000 more prison places, better than the grief and the insurance premiums paying for what the sods are doing when they're out and reoffending
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2014, 02:13:22 PM »
"Whoever desires to found a state and give it laws, must start with assuming that all men are bad and ever ready to display their vicious nature, whenever they may find occasion for it."
--Niccolo Machiavelli

Unfortunately until we have a government that remembers this simple fact we are going to be stuck with not just a justice system that provides no deterrent and a society that just keeps churning out more of these scrotes. Lenient sentencing and so called open prisons are a bloody joke, don't know if anyone caught this in the news the other day

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2535105/Ten-prisoners-including-killer-armed-robber-arsonist-run-escaping-jail-notorious-prison-breaks.html

Maybe I'm missing something here but why the hell are people who have been convicted of violent crimes placed in an open prison and allowed out for the day?
Quite

And why do they make the last months of a sentence in the easiest prisons?  If we want to deter recidivist crime then I want the last thing they remember of prison is just how grim it can be.

And each repeat offence = successively double the sentence.    So what if we need 100,000 more prison places, better than the grief and the insurance premiums paying for what the sods are doing when they're out and reoffending

Totally agree with you both...  Thumbs:

And no special diets in prison either!  cussing:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2014, 02:17:58 PM »
--Niccolo Machiavelli

Quite

I agree ..when on remand here,,,you get basic food to keep you alive ..bread ,olives ,tomato and some form of tinned fish....
If you want anything else you family or friends have to buy it ....

Also here generally the sentences are strong.......someone I knew had a fight, the other guy was seriously injured (hit his head when he fell ) ..he got 10 years....... eeek:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2014, 02:19:57 PM »
--Niccolo Machiavelli

Quite

I agree ..when on remand here,,,you get basic food to keep you alive ..bread ,olives ,tomato and some form of tinned fish....

Also here generally the sentences are strong.......someone I knew had a fight, the other guy was seriously injured (hit his head when he fell ) ..he got 10 years....... eeek:
eeek:
Blimey!
What sentence did the bloke left standing get?
I mostly despair

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2014, 02:21:38 PM »
--Niccolo Machiavelli

Quite

eeek:
Blimey!

;D ;D

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2014, 02:43:27 PM »
--Niccolo Machiavelli

Quite

eeek:
Blimey!

;D ;D
lol:

prolly got the chair

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2014, 05:24:38 PM »
http://newsthump.com/2014/01/09/duggan-rioters-keen-to-wait-until-new-televisions-in-stock/

Thousands of Londoners have insisted they will be happy to smash the place up following the inquest into the death of Mark Duggan, but only once it gets a bit warmer.

On Wednesday, a jury concluded Mr Duggan was lawfully killed when he was shot dead by police in August 2011, a verdict received angrily by people who would like a new television.
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2014, 05:26:57 PM »
http://newsthump.com/2014/01/09/duggan-rioters-keen-to-wait-until-new-televisions-in-stock/

Thousands of Londoners have insisted they will be happy to smash the place up following the inquest into the death of Mark Duggan, but only once it gets a bit warmer.

On Wednesday, a jury concluded Mr Duggan was lawfully killed when he was shot dead by police in August 2011, a verdict received angrily by people who would like a new television.

;D ;D ;D

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2014, 05:27:57 PM »

You don't want to be carrying your new tellybox home in the rain.....  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2014, 05:29:44 PM »

happy002

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2014, 05:36:21 PM »

eeek: I've been plagiarised  noooo:

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2014, 05:44:45 PM »

Did it make your eyes water?
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2014, 05:48:04 PM »

Indeed. I need to shower vigourously with Jeyes fluid and a wire brush  eeek:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2014, 05:51:02 PM »

Indeed. I need to shower vigorously with Jeyes fluid and a toothbrush  eeek:

whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2014, 12:09:40 AM »
I see that Abbot hasn't been able to resist sticking her ego into the proceedings as well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2536529/Pressure-Labour-MP-Diane-Abbott-claiming-baffled-jury-ruling-Mark-Duggan-lawfully-killed.html

It doesn't matter whether or not you are baffled by the jury's decision (although given you are a fucking half wit with an ego the size of an elephant's arse it doesn't surprise me) it is NOT the place of an elected official to question, second guess or attempt to undermine a jury's verdict. That is why there is an appeals system in place.  cussing:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.