Author Topic: Freebie Fury  (Read 2709 times)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Freebie Fury
« on: March 23, 2015, 01:28:52 PM »
So yesterday was spent very productively clearing out the garage which had obviously been used as a general dumping ground for years  noooo:

However there were a few things in there that we didn't want but weren't in bad condition.

Thought I would do good and offer it to anyone on one of those freecycle sites  - where people can't be arsed to take it to the tip themselves but you can have it for free if you collect.

FFS - I put a couple of ads on at about 8pm last night. Since then I have had no less than 50 emails asking if they can have it. I haven't responded to any as yet and am now getting chaser emails asking why I have not replied  evil:

One person has said they want one of the items ( a bird cage)  as she hasn't got a bird yet , or ever had one,  but might have one in the future  noooo:

I am thinking of just putting them on the street at a spoecific time and doing a batch reply to the emails informing them of such , then watch the bun fight ensue  lol:
Skubber

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
Re: Freebie Fury
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 01:33:13 PM »
Going through something similar with my clearout...... noooo:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 01:44:17 PM »
So yesterday was spent very productively clearing out the garage which had obviously been used as a general dumping ground for years  noooo:

However there were a few things in there that we didn't want but weren't in bad condition.

Thought I would do good and offer it to anyone on one of those freecycle sites  - where people can't be arsed to take it to the tip themselves but you can have it for free if you collect.

FFS - I put a couple of ads on at about 8pm last night. Since then I have had no less than 50 emails asking if they can have it. I haven't responded to any as yet and am now getting chaser emails asking why I have not replied  evil:

One person has said they want one of the items ( a bird cage)  as she hasn't got a bird yet , or ever had one,  but might have one in the future  noooo:

I am thinking of just putting them on the street at a spoecific time and doing a batch reply to the emails informing them of such , then watch the bun fight ensue  lol:

On a serious note on the bird cage ,rust is toxic to birds so be careful there isn't any before someone tells you/sues you for killing their prize pet....

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 02:15:54 PM »
We even pressure washed it all down yesterday  angel1 - tis sparkly new. But feck it if someone wants to blame me  then they can take their penny pinching, dirty grabby hands and shove it up their ****s  Thumbs:
Skubber

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 02:17:23 PM »
We even pressure washed it all down yesterday  angel1 - tis sparkly new. But feck it if someone wants to blame me  then they can take their penny pinching, dirty grabby hands and shove it up their ****s  Thumbs:

"Miss D disclaimer"........ Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 02:19:43 PM »
On another note - why on earth would anyone give themselves user names on these types of sites that are sweetlips  noooo: , Angelic13 or Fabulous1  noooo:
They certainly aren't getting my cast offs  noooo:
Skubber

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 02:21:04 PM »

On a serious note on the bird cage ,rust is toxic to birds so be careful there isn't any before someone tells you/sues you for killing their prize pet....

Why don't those birds on telegraph poles die then ?  rubschin:
Skubber

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 02:24:56 PM »

rubschin:  I thought that ....but it's true....maybe just parrot type birds.... rubschin:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 02:45:06 PM »

Wood doesn't rust?
I mostly despair

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 05:15:01 PM »

rubschin:  I thought that ....but it's true....maybe just parrot type birds.... rubschin:
Well when was the last time you saw a live parrot on a telegraph pole?  Case proved

Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2015, 06:21:25 PM »
This thread is doing my head in. It is just like my day  noooo:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2015, 09:00:01 PM »
Pointless and going nowhere?
I mostly despair

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2015, 10:23:52 PM »
Pointless and going nowhere?

lol:

Feck moi eeek: Miss D is doing a bugun on her new bloke.......is he prepared for that?  rubschin:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2015, 12:03:47 PM »
LL has lent all the 'baby stuff' - cot, high chair, toys car seat, etc. - to a woman up the road as their kids are coming out to stay with NewBaby... We have basically saved them €€€€€€€€€s on stuff they would have otherwise had to buy....

I have humped the whole lot out of the attic and left it by the front door so we can put it straight in their car when they get here...

... you'd think they could turn up on fucking time to collect it wouldn't you?  cussing:

Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2015, 12:13:39 PM »
LL has lent all the 'baby stuff' - cot, high chair, toys car seat, etc. - to a woman up the road as their kids are coming out to stay with NewBaby... We have basically saved them €€€€€€€€€s on stuff they would have otherwise had to buy....

I have humped the whole lot out of the attic and left it by the front door so we can put it straight in their car when they get here...

... you'd think they could turn up on fucking time to collect it wouldn't you?  cussing:

noooo:  take a sticker off their chart....