Disgusterous

Author Topic: AAAArgghhhhh PT2  (Read 2432 times)

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
AAAArgghhhhh PT2
« on: March 23, 2015, 04:35:32 PM »
As you probably know, last year one of the companies we work for let us do five weddings and on the day we went to collect our payment, slashed it by a third. No warning  cussing:

Then the killer line was delivered..."do you want the work or not?"  Yargh:

Anyhoo, due to the wage decrease, many professional Djs have had to return to UK as they didn't make enough money last season. Now The djs left have all put their prices up. Apey just explained to said fuckweasle that he will have to pay a little more this year to guarantee entertainment for all of his confirmed bookings. He is refusing and wont listen to reason. We explained that if we send an entertainer to his weddings, we will have to pay them more than he actually pays us.  Banghead Banghead Banghead

Please consider that we have not raised our prices for this guy in 8 years yet he cut ours last year without warning, gives us the longest gigs than any other company, expects extras like creating CDs for weddings I'm not even booked for (sometimes this takes a whole day unpaid), treats us like crap (some bands and djs refuse to even work for him anymore cos he's such a wanker)

.....Yet, .....he lives in this little bubble where he doesn't hear what you say when you talk to him.

I am torn, as for a couple of years now I have relished in the though of telling him to poke his fucking job but have bitten my tongue as he gives us more bookings per year than anyone, however, now there are very few decent djs here, most of who are really expensive, I believe he would struggle to find anyone else. If I can't get them, he certainly can't. Do I take the risk?  rubschin:  angry041:

I think he knows if we leave his company he is well and truly fucked but is far too arrogant to admit it.

Apey has a meeting with him tomorrow.....I shall be here. (Apey wont let me go as I have a teeny tiny temper) redface:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
Re: AAAArgghhhhh PT2
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2015, 04:40:07 PM »
Tell him where to go.

People like that need to find out the hard way.  noooo:
I mostly despair

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 04:44:53 PM »
Tell him where to go.

If only it was that easy ...he provides about 40% of our work...plus is like a "flagship" on our resume..... noooo:

It would almost be like starting over....

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 04:47:40 PM »
Tell him where to go.

If only it was that easy ...he provides about 40% of our work...plus is like a "flagship" on our resume..... noooo:

40% of business that you are losing money on doesn't sound like an incredibly good deal for you....  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 04:54:50 PM »
Tell him where to go.

40% of business that you are losing money on doesn't sound like an incredibly good deal for you....  noooo:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That was my thinking
I mostly despair

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 05:08:23 PM »
Seems like even if tomorrow he agrees to pay more he will choose his moment and not pay.  Why go to a meeting only he can win at?

And just a thought but how do you know he doesn't read this forum?

Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2015, 05:10:39 PM »
Seems like even if tomorrow he agrees to pay more he will choose his moment and not pay.  Why go to a meeting only he can win at?

And just a thought but how do you know he doesn't read this forum?

I know he doesn't ...I am always careful what I put on here as said before.... Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2015, 05:35:34 PM »
Tell him where to go.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That was my thinking

We don;t lose on every night ...just about 10 a year...

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2015, 06:24:05 PM »
On the flip side booked a DJ for a company in Ayia Napa without commission....

just got an e-mail we will give you commission from our pocket... cloud9:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2015, 06:26:10 PM »
On the flip side booked a DJ for a company in Ayia Napa without commission....

just got an e-mail we will give you commission from our pocket... cloud9:
:thumbsup:
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2015, 09:04:39 PM »
Well, the big meeting was hosted today, as I previously mentioned I was not allowed in the meeting as Apey is an astute businessman, yet I am emotional and want to kill this man with my bare hands.....so.....I sat in the pub opposite :thumbsup:...however, clearly I was so wound up the owner came and asked me if I was OK.  eeek: (told him I was fine and ordered another beer.)

Let me say, Apey was amazing! For an intelligent but very angry man, he did not punch him or anything.  Thumbs:

I haaaaaaate working for this man, his demands on us make me feel sick for what he pays us. Physically , he keeps me awake at night and is already causing problems for me and Apey as a couple. I am already a stressed out nightmare. The only person I ever met to upset me so much.   noooo:  Yargh: Yargh:  before I start.

Our first wedding for him is Monday......bride is jamaican, groom..Trinidad. oh, and a guy called Chris wants to play music too...... shrugs:

However, Apey managed a teeny raise from a guy tighter than himself... :thumbsup:

just wish were paid from this company what we are worth..all the others do. He will miss us when we tell him to fuck off. I pray for that day.

Offline Nick

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2015, 09:08:31 PM »
Sympathies. I am dealing with two utter twats by e mail at present. Stand firm and WIN!
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2015, 09:25:06 PM »
Well, the big meeting was hosted today, as I previously mentioned I was not allowed in the meeting as Apey is an astute businessman, yet I am emotional and want to kill this man with my bare hands.....so.....I sat in the pub opposite :thumbsup:...however, clearly I was so wound up the owner came and asked me if I was OK.  eeek: (told him I was fine and ordered another beer.)

Let me say, Apey was amazing! For an intelligent but very angry man, he did not punch him or anything.  Thumbs:

I haaaaaaate working for this man, his demands on us make me feel sick for what he pays us. Physically , he keeps me awake at night and is already causing problems for me and Apey as a couple. I am already a stressed out nightmare. The only person I ever met to upset me so much.   noooo:  Yargh: Yargh:  before I start.

Our first wedding for him is Monday......bride is jamaican, groom..Trinidad. oh, and a guy called Chris wants to play music too...... shrugs:

However, Apey managed a teeny raise from a guy tighter than himself... :thumbsup:

just wish were paid from this company what we are worth..all the others do. He will miss us when we tell him to fuck off. I pray for that day.

happy100 happy100   Don't let it come between you  noooo:  You have too much for that  cloud9:

You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2015, 09:26:12 PM »
Sympathies. I am dealing with two utter twats by e mail at present. Stand firm and WIN!

Its like standoff now, ...who will give in first? we can't take the risk to be the first....  noooo: angry041: angry041: angry041: angry041: angry041:

sometimes I believe if we made the threat he would fold(only sometimes), but I then, knowing him, I think out of pride he would rather take on the work we have done for free for the last 6 years himself than admit how much he needs us. Can we take the risk?

Offline Nick

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2015, 09:27:48 PM »
Business is never free
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile