Author Topic: Tonight's BBC NEWS  (Read 2232 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Tonight's BBC NEWS
« on: June 16, 2015, 05:16:02 PM »
Terrifying

1. Women and their kids to join ISIS from Bradford. Men in the dark.WHY?
2. Michelle Obama (why?) visits a school in LONDON full of Muslim girls swathed in veils (why?)
3. Riots on French border as Frogs reject immigrants from North Africa (and I guess send them to Calais a bit later)

We are fvcked noooo:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Tonight's BBC NEWS
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2015, 06:57:24 PM »
Regarding point 3, providing we have someone in the government who is sharp enough to exploit it the French have cocked up with regards to the immigrants on the Italian border by saying that under EU law, as they are in that country they are Italy's responsibility.

Could make for an interesting response the next time that the French government blames the UK for the squatter camps at Calais.  rubschin:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 10:34:07 PM »
France and Italy are a huge part of the problem.  Lots of hot air but they never seem to charge these would be migrants for their deeds.  Of course then they'd be officially on record as being in that country and have to bear any asylum burden.

I'd sling any of these migrants that get to the UK in an all new Guantanemo or two on some remote Scottish Island and show them on web cams so the message gets through to those thinking it's worth trying.  But then I'm all heart.
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2015, 09:09:22 AM »
France and Italy are a huge part of the problem.  Lots of hot air but they never seem to charge these would be migrants for their deeds.  Of course then they'd be officially on record as being in that country and have to bear any asylum burden.

I'd sling any of these migrants that get to the UK in an all new Guantanemo or two on some remote Scottish Island and show them on web cams so the message gets through to those thinking it's worth trying.  But then I'm all heart.

Herd them all into the Chunnel then seal up the Dover end would be a 'two-birds' solution.
I mostly despair

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 10:53:30 AM »

Herd them all into the Chunnel then seal up the Dover end would be a 'two-birds' solution.
an excellent plan were it not for the effect on my booze runs

Couldn't have those inhibited could we

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2015, 11:25:38 AM »

an excellent plan were it not for the effect on my booze runs

Couldn't have those inhibited could we
rubschin: Tricky one
I mostly despair

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 02:37:42 PM »

Don't the aussies do that.... rubschin:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 03:38:43 PM »

Don't the aussies do that.... rubschin:
yep  :thumbsup:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 07:30:46 AM »
I am so sick and tired of the reporting and the ever so earnest reporters.

So 3 women have taken their kids on a permanent holiday to Syria . 9 less benefit claimants then . Delete all records of them and advise the husband to seek support from his other wives.

evil:
Skubber

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 07:43:12 AM »
I am so sick and tired of the reporting and the ever so earnest reporters.

So 3 women have taken their kids on a permanent holiday to Syria . 9 less benefit claimants then . Delete all records of them and advise the husband to seek support from his other wives.

evil:
:thumbsup:
Don't forget also to offer them all free air tickets to Turkey/Syria as well.
I mostly despair

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2015, 05:08:59 PM »
Meanwhile, on BBC World Service, the ghost of Mrs Malaprop hovers ...

Two I heard recently:

" ... so that should pre-empt them joining the rebels."

"... therefore we need to considerate that issue before going further."

Are Sheridan's descendants getting royalties?   rubschin:

Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2015, 06:50:43 PM »
Meanwhile, on BBC World Service, the ghost of Mrs Malaprop hovers ...

Two I heard recently:

" ... so that should pre-empt them joining the rebels."

"... therefore we need to considerate that issue before going further."

Are Sheridan's descendants getting royalties?   rubschin:
facepalm:
I mostly despair