Disgusterous

Author Topic: The new all new new Nick goes cat sitting in Brighton again thread  (Read 13835 times)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: The new all new new Nick goes cat sitting in Brighton again thread
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2016, 06:18:13 PM »

Finally in Brighton with two angry cats. scared2:

What a 24 hours! Discovered late yesterday that Mrs Nick is VERY ill in hospital, where she has been for a week, and is expected to be in for at least two more weeks. No one told me. NO answer from the Boy on landline or mobile. Finally tracked him down to a new phone number via his school (he had broken another phone AND lost old SIM card so got himself some cheapo SIM from Tesco.)
Had someone told me about this I would have gone over there to look after him, not least as his A levels start in three weeks and this sort of upheaval is not good. Instead he is staying at Mrs Nick’s horrid brother’s place nearby. He and his Mrs are “devout” Catholics of a dangerous turn of mind. evil:

Made some alterations to Brighton arrangements (was due here at 10 a.m. today) and headed for Wirral at early o’clock. Met The Boy and whisked him to Nick Towers #1 to collect stuff he needed and supplies for the bedridden Mrs Nick (useless BiL and SiL had not done this) . Organised replacement phone and SIM ascribed to the contract I pay for for him and then we had to go shopping for him and Mrs Nick.
At this point Miss I calls from Dublin where things are a bit strained with Papa. Conversations all on hands free speakerphone as we are driving, so the Boy is earwigging. scared2:

She is mad about books and yesterday came across a signed limited edition of Waiting for Godot. She wanted to buy it but Papa went “arm wavingly mad” and told her she was nuts. Words were exchanged. “But it is only 995 Euros,” she  wailed. “Do you think I am nuts?” I lied and said No while the Boy gaped at the phone. I advised her to haggle and see if they would drop the price. She said she would have to buy it secretly while parking Papa and his wheelchair somewhere. The Boy chipped in and said “Go to the bookshop and flutter your eyelashes, darlin’”  facepalm:

Stunned silence from Dublin, followed by, “Good plan, will try that. Who are you?” A conversation developed which I sensed was going in the direction of some sort of Dad Comparison exercise, suddenly realised  she is only about 8 years older than him and I cut the call short.
The Boy said, “1000 Euros for a poxy book. Is she a loony?” I dodged the question and dragged him back to the subject of broken phones. angel1

Stuff delivered to a mercifully semi-awake Mrs Nick at the horsepickle (she has a quite rare viral infection of her nervous system which affects just about everything including, mercifully, speech. Full recovery anticipated) and then took him out for a late lunch before delivering him to tennis club and an assignation with the lovely Lydia. (More condoms purchased by me “just in case, like” Flavoured ones were preferred. Who am I to pass judgement?) rubschin:

Set out for near enough 300 mile drive to Brighton. M6 through Brum sounded awful so paid for the Toll Road. M40, M25 and now here. Getting a takeaway.

Miss I bought the book and Papa found out. scared2: More wailing from Dublin. Backache from wheelchair pushing so introduced her to the concept of Radox. angel1

Having an early night…………..May yet have to go up to Scallypool on the train for a day if circs change. Meantime, Malaga on Tuesday for lunch with Pasties. Not sure I can keep this pace up. NickSick
You, Sir, are an honour to know 
;D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2016, 06:24:21 PM »

What a 24 hours! Discovered late yesterday that Mrs Nick is VERY ill in hospital, where she has been for a week, and is expected to be in for at least two more weeks. No one told me. NO answer from the Boy on landline or mobile. Finally tracked him down to a new phone number via his school (he had broken another phone AND lost old SIM card so got himself some cheapo SIM from Tesco.)
Had someone told me about this I would have gone over there to look after him, not least as his A levels start in three weeks and this sort of upheaval is not good. Instead he is staying at Mrs Nick’s horrid brother’s place nearby. He and his Mrs are “devout” Catholics of a dangerous turn of mind. evil:

Made some alterations to Brighton arrangements (was due here at 10 a.m. today) and headed for Wirral at early o’clock. Met The Boy and whisked him to Nick Towers #1 to collect stuff he needed and supplies for the bedridden Mrs Nick (useless BiL and SiL had not done this) . Organised replacement phone and SIM ascribed to the contract I pay for for him and then we had to go shopping for him and Mrs Nick.
At this point Miss I calls from Dublin where things are a bit strained with Papa. Conversations all on hands free speakerphone as we are driving, so the Boy is earwigging. scared2:

She is mad about books and yesterday came across a signed limited edition of Waiting for Godot. She wanted to buy it but Papa went “arm wavingly mad” and told her she was nuts. Words were exchanged. “But it is only 995 Euros,” she  wailed. “Do you think I am nuts?” I lied and said No while the Boy gaped at the phone. I advised her to haggle and see if they would drop the price. She said she would have to buy it secretly while parking Papa and his wheelchair somewhere. The Boy chipped in and said “Go to the bookshop and flutter your eyelashes, darlin’”  facepalm:

Stunned silence from Dublin, followed by, “Good plan, will try that. Who are you?” A conversation developed which I sensed was going in the direction of some sort of Dad Comparison exercise, suddenly realised  she is only about 8 years older than him and I cut the call short.
The Boy said, “1000 Euros for a poxy book. Is she a loony?” I dodged the question and dragged him back to the subject of broken phones. angel1

Stuff delivered to a mercifully semi-awake Mrs Nick at the horsepickle (she has a quite rare viral infection of her nervous system which affects just about everything including, mercifully, speech. Full recovery anticipated) and then took him out for a late lunch before delivering him to tennis club and an assignation with the lovely Lydia. (More condoms purchased by me “just in case, like” Flavoured ones were preferred. Who am I to pass judgement?) rubschin:

Set out for near enough 300 mile drive to Brighton. M6 through Brum sounded awful so paid for the Toll Road. M40, M25 and now here. Getting a takeaway.

Miss I bought the book and Papa found out. scared2: More wailing from Dublin. Backache from wheelchair pushing so introduced her to the concept of Radox. angel1

Having an early night…………..May yet have to go up to Scallypool on the train for a day if circs change. Meantime, Malaga on Tuesday for lunch with Pasties. Not sure I can keep this pace up. NickSick

I second that .... Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2016, 06:25:32 PM »

I second that .... Thumbs:

But why does Miss I like flavoured condoms ........... rubschin:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2016, 07:29:58 AM »

Never a dull moment.  :thumbsup:
Disturbingly, I like to think I would have done all the same things in those circumstances.
I mostly despair

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2016, 08:56:56 AM »

Never a dull moment.  :thumbsup:
Disturbingly, I like to think I would have done all the same things in those circumstances.
Yes it's hard to fault him for anything there and much to  :thumbsup:  but it's not the VP way to admit that is it. 

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2016, 10:44:22 PM »
Just a thought Nick but suggest to Miss I that she looks into buying books as an investment. It may give her an argument to use against Papa if the situation comes up again.After all it's hard to argue if you can say that 900 odd euros now can be 2000 or more in a few years time.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2016, 05:09:49 AM »
An outbreak of sensibleness in the VP Shocked:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2016, 07:52:39 AM »

Fear not, it's just a 'blip'
I mostly despair

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2016, 08:47:38 AM »

Fear not, it's just a 'blip'
;D  We should be weak on blips and weak on the causes of blips

Are the cats going to see Tuesday as a blip or are they going to lunch with Pasties too?

Online Nick

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2016, 08:48:34 AM »
They can manage for a day. All they do is sleep  ::)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2016, 08:51:40 AM »
just a day trip then  :thumbsup:

Online Nick

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2016, 08:53:00 AM »
Yup, just going for lunch  cloud9:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2016, 08:57:19 AM »
Yup, just going for lunch  cloud9:
Brilliant

Always leave wanting to stay a little longer is one of the best pieces of advice I ever got

Online Nick

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2016, 08:59:49 AM »
Have e mailed Pasties to see if he wants anything brought over (Twiglets, Nik Naks or similar...)  whistle:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2016, 09:12:12 AM »
Have e mailed Pasties to see if he wants anything brought over (Twiglets, Nik Naks or similar...)  whistle:
Maybe he's missing cats