Author Topic: The Upcoming Movie Thread  (Read 65528 times)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: The Upcoming Movie Thread
« Reply #480 on: August 17, 2022, 12:54:08 PM »
Another 40th anniversary 4K remaster showing this week and I have the day off.  cloud9:

Star Trek the Motion Picture, the first film I can remember watching as a kid and something I've always wanted to see on a big screen.

https://www.filmstories.co.uk/news/star-trek-the-motion-picture-directors-cut-comes-to-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray/

I'm hoping it does well enough that head office also get the 4K remaster of Wrath of Khan when it's released in a couple of weeks.  cloud9:
  :thumbsup:
Wrath of Khan is a superb film
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #481 on: August 19, 2022, 01:12:34 AM »
Heard about this a while ago after watching music video from The Hu and Jacoby Shaddix. It's probably not to everyone's taste but I've just found out it's a one night screening at work. I may have to book the night off..  rubschin:

In The Retaliators, an upstanding pastor uncovers a dark and twisted underworld as he searches for answers surrounding his daughter’s brutal murder. A high-octane original soundtrack and cameos from some of the biggest names in rock music set the tone as this horror-thriller reveals a game of revenge played using a new set of rules.

Marc Menchaca, Michael Lombardi, and Joseph Gatt star in a horror experience where Five Finger Death Punch, Tommy Lee, Papa Roach, The Hu, Ice Nine Kills, Escape The Fate, and more appear onscreen and on The Retaliators Original Soundtrack.

https://youtu.be/62B-SEgNaas
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #482 on: August 19, 2022, 11:04:47 PM »
Another 40th anniversary 4K remaster showing this week and I have the day off.  cloud9:

Star Trek the Motion Picture, the first film I can remember watching as a kid and something I've always wanted to see on a big screen.

https://www.filmstories.co.uk/news/star-trek-the-motion-picture-directors-cut-comes-to-4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray/

I'm hoping it does well enough that head office also get the 4K remaster of Wrath of Khan when it's released in a couple of weeks.  cloud9:

Well that was certainly worth watching, the remaster looks amazing and the additional effects and scenes are seamlessly added in.  cloud9:

Wrath of Khan has been confirmed for next month  cloud9: Could be an interesting viewing if I end up watching with the same kind of crowd that were there the last time I saw in on a big screen. It ended up being scream along a Kirk night. Having almost everyone in a 100+ seat screen bellowing KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN! in time with Kirk is certainly an ear opener. Apparently the staff had to put a notice up before the next screening of the film asking people not to shout. lol:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #483 on: August 20, 2022, 09:38:20 AM »

Well that was certainly worth watching, the remaster looks amazing and the additional effects and scenes are seamlessly added in.  cloud9:

Wrath of Khan has been confirmed for next month  cloud9: Could be an interesting viewing if I end up watching with the same kind of crowd that were there the last time I saw in on a big screen. It ended up being scream along a Kirk night. Having almost everyone in a 100+ seat screen bellowing KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN! in time with Kirk is certainly an ear opener. Apparently the staff had to put a notice up before the next screening of the film asking people not to shout. lol:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #484 on: August 22, 2022, 08:51:37 AM »
getting seriously bad for Cineworld and Picturehouse as they look like folding  noooo:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62629932

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #485 on: August 23, 2022, 11:21:04 PM »
Hardly upcoming but finally got to see Top Gun Maverick.  OK plot, good acting and stunning filming  :thumbsup:   As every critic has said, it has to be seen on the largest possible screen you can find.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #486 on: August 24, 2022, 12:13:28 AM »
getting seriously bad for Cineworld and Picturehouse as they look like folding  noooo:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62629932

There were rumours about a takeover bid from either Amazon or Netflix last year and looking at the share activity I'm not sure there isn't something to them. A lot of shares have changed hands over the last couple of days including one uncrossed trade of over 1,100,000 (Cineworld only issued 1,373,000 shares). It could be a ballsy speculator but I'm not convinced.  rubschin:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #487 on: August 27, 2022, 10:16:11 PM »
Another customer review, this time from one of the few who have come to see the sequel to Orphan...

Quote from: Customer
What the fuck have I just watched? Why the fuck did I think watching it would be a good idea?

Something tells me this may not be a good film  lol:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #488 on: August 28, 2022, 11:23:10 AM »
Hardly upcoming but finally got to see Top Gun Maverick.  OK plot, good acting and stunning filming  :thumbsup:   As every critic has said, it has to be seen on the largest possible screen you can find.

They are showing both films back to back tomorrow and I have the day off  cloud9:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #489 on: August 28, 2022, 10:14:01 PM »

They are showing both films back to back tomorrow and I have the day off  cloud9:

Might be a cruise too far though. 

Online apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #490 on: August 29, 2022, 02:08:09 PM »
Another customer review, this time from one of the few who have come to see the sequel to Orphan...

Quote from: Customer
What the fuck have I just watched? Why the fuck did I think watching it would be a good idea?

Something tells me this may not be a good film  lol:

;D ;D

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #494 on: September 03, 2022, 09:39:40 PM »

It was terrible!  evil:

2 hours 10 mins of my life I'll never get back and regret giving away...

I wish I could say it was worth what I paid for it (€0.00) but it wasn't....  noooo:

The biggest screen in the whole world couldn't make this a good movie... I'd rather watch the cat and trap segment at the beginning for 2½ hours than the movie again... ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs: