Author Topic: The Upcoming Movie Thread  (Read 68597 times)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: The Upcoming Movie Thread
« Reply #540 on: August 25, 2023, 10:37:16 PM »
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #541 on: September 27, 2023, 08:46:26 AM »
Thinking about going to see Barbie  rubschin:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #542 on: September 27, 2023, 08:55:59 AM »
Gayer:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #543 on: September 27, 2023, 03:08:03 PM »

point:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #544 on: October 04, 2023, 01:30:07 PM »
Managed to traumatise some of my younger colleagues earlier. They were talking about the Bambi live action remake and what Disney meant by it being modernised and how it would include climate change and an anti gun message etc when I chimed in saying that in this case it was to hide the fact that because of poor business decisions and declining park attendance the studio doesn't have the money for the CGI that will be needed so they are having an all furry cast and claiming inclusion.

Somehow I managed not to crack up laughing at their expressions of absolute horror..  lol:

I'm a bad bad person eveilgrin:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #545 on: October 04, 2023, 02:04:49 PM »
Managed to traumatise some of my younger colleagues earlier. They were talking about the Bambi live action remake and what Disney meant by it being modernised and how it would include climate change and an anti gun message etc when I chimed in saying that in this case it was to hide the fact that because of poor business decisions and declining park attendance the studio doesn't have the money for the CGI that will be needed so they are having an all furry cast and claiming inclusion.

Somehow I managed not to crack up laughing at their expressions of absolute horror..  lol:

I'm a bad bad person eveilgrin:

eveilgrin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #546 on: October 07, 2023, 11:34:37 PM »
Ok, customer film review time again. Tonight it's Saw X. I apologise for the language but this is word for word.

Quote from: Customer
Fucking hell this may be the goriest Saw film yet. I just watched someone cut their leg off while someone else was drilling into their head. The film pulls you in at the start with the way they build the characters up before really fucking you up seeing what happens to them.

You really should go and see it but for fucks sake don't eat anything beforehand

eeek:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #547 on: October 08, 2023, 06:05:16 AM »
Ok, customer film review time again. Tonight it's Saw X. I apologise for the language but this is word for word.

Quote from: Customer
Fucking hell this may be the goriest Saw film yet. I just watched someone cut their leg off while someone else was drilling into their head. The film pulls you in at the start with the way they build the characters up before really fucking you up seeing what happens to them.

You really should go and see it but for fucks sake don't eat anything beforehand

eeek:

eeek: eeek:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #548 on: October 08, 2023, 08:18:19 AM »
 eeek: eeek: eeek:

Why do people want to watch that sort of film?

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #549 on: October 08, 2023, 10:25:54 AM »
eeek: eeek: eeek:

Why do people want to watch that sort of film?
Because they're  whacky115

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #550 on: October 08, 2023, 05:13:57 PM »
I ended up catching part of the film while doing a screen check. It was the lovely sight of some clearly deranged woman scooping up handfuls of what appeared to be someone's entrails while a dismembered torso lay on the ground behind her. On balance this is not going on to my must see film list.  noooo:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #551 on: October 21, 2023, 12:13:27 PM »
See it again for the first time on the big screen  lol:

https://youtu.be/4b52A3sKz-I?si=JH9dAJxGr4DwX31p

I'll be narked if we don't get this in. Judging from what happened when the Life of Brian was shown half the fun is going to be watching the younger members of staff having a meltdown trying to work out why customers are coming in carrying coconuts and shouting NI every couple of minutes  eveilgrin:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #552 on: October 21, 2023, 01:15:31 PM »

I'll be narked if we don't get this in. Judging from what happened when the Life of Brian was shown half the fun is going to be watching the younger members of staff having a meltdown trying to work out why customers are coming in carrying coconuts and shouting NI every couple of minutes  eveilgrin:

lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #553 on: October 21, 2023, 01:21:47 PM »

lol: lol: lol:

We've got one member of staff who really cracks down on bringing in food from outside. There has been a running joke for a while that as we are showing the Lord of the Rings films at the moment he should dress as Gandalf when seating the screen so he can bellow YOU SHALL NOT PASS!! to anyone trying to sneak stuff in. I really want to see how he reacts to the coconut flood  lol:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #554 on: October 26, 2023, 12:08:29 AM »
Well Five Nights at Freddy's opened tonight and sold out..............so much that the management decided to have a spontaneous additional late night screening. Seems to have been a popular film, can't remember the last time I heard a massive round of applause at the end of the screening. But it's been surreally traumatising almost everyone was dressed up as Freddy and co.......  eeek:

https://youtu.be/0VH9WCFV6XQ?si=Pky4ZI4j2h7Wo0C0