Author Topic: Neighbours  (Read 782 times)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Neighbours
« on: May 30, 2016, 08:57:40 AM »
We have been putting up a new garden fence 'jointly' with the neighbours.

When I say 'jointly' it means they are paying half but the next door blokey just keeps saying he is useless at doing this and useless at that  ::)

To be honest it is probably preferable as we have just cracked on at our own pace , ordered what we wanted and painted it the colour that suits us etc.

However his garden is just full of monstrous tall plants , young trees etc. His view is that these are all 'low maintenance'.

So we have said that some of this will need to be cut back to prevent force on the new fence and he has told us to do as we wish. So we have been cutting back etc but cannot obviously lop anythng in terms of the height .  ::)

Yesterday The Man brooched the subject that some of these plants are becoming too tall and are struggling to be supported. The Neighbour would not hear of cutting them down a bit. Apparently the top of the plants / trees contain ' their soul '   noooo:

Also by densely packing in these things in his garden ( their is very little light that makes it to the ground level this prevents his asthma. Apparently he could tell which street he is in around our local area by his asthmatic reaction  noooo:

I can tell it by looking at the road sign but I recognise that is quite old school  Banghead

aaaggghhhhh
Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Neighbours
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 09:59:33 AM »

When I say 'jointly' it means they are paying half but the next door blokey just keeps saying he is useless at doing this and useless at that  ::)

To be honest it is probably preferable as we have just cracked on at our own pace , ordered what we wanted and painted it the colour that suits us etc.

However his garden is just full of monstrous tall plants , young trees etc. His view is that these are all 'low maintenance'.

So we have said that some of this will need to be cut back to prevent force on the new fence and he has told us to do as we wish. So we have been cutting back etc but cannot obviously lop anythng in terms of the height .  ::)

Yesterday The Man brooched the subject that some of these plants are becoming too tall and are struggling to be supported. The Neighbour would not hear of cutting them down a bit. Apparently the top of the plants / trees contain ' their soul '   noooo:

Also by densely packing in these things in his garden ( their is very little light that makes it to the ground level this prevents his asthma. Apparently he could tell which street he is in around our local area by his asthmatic reaction  noooo:

I can tell it by looking at the road sign but I recognise that is quite old school  Banghead

aaaggghhhhh

facepalm:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 10:31:08 AM »

aaaggghhhhh
As neighbours go you can get much much worse Miss D

But FWIW mine are pretty damn good  smile:
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 10:51:59 AM »
He is not bad ...just bonkers. !!!

Skubber

Offline Steve

• Power Poster