Disgusterous

Author Topic: search for Maddy  (Read 14661 times)

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
Re: search for Maddy
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007, 10:32:34 AM »
I still haven't heard a satisfactory reason from the parents why three kids under 10 were left alone in the apartment. Until then I find it very hard to be sympathetic. Feel sorry for the child but what on earth were the parents thinking?!?! Children are not pets or a disposable commodity to be left alone when it suits.

Berek

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2007, 02:12:45 PM »

wayne Kerr

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2007, 02:15:44 PM »

Berek

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2007, 02:18:04 PM »
I was tempted.. rubschin:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2007, 05:49:36 PM »
I still haven't heard a satisfactory reason from the parents why three kids under 10 were left alone in the apartment. Until then I find it very hard to be sympathetic. Feel sorry for the child but what on earth were the parents thinking?!?! Children are not pets or a disposable commodity to be left alone when it suits.
Agreed!  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Sour Puss

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2007, 06:43:31 PM »
we can leave our messages at Sky News

http://skynews.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/05/missing_madelei.html

I dare you to . scared:

Not a good idea.  noooo: Someone has already done that by the look of this.  eeek: I could not read it all some of the posts are just too soppy for words... evil:

Some of the messages on this board are classed as abuse and harrassment. That is now illegal and I hope sky news is taking down IP addresses and reporting these heartless idiots for harrassing a family who are so desperately in need of support from the general public at this time.

I am still watching and praying. That's all we can do at this point in time. Obviously a lot of people here are not thinking about the poor little girl but trying to get their two cents in and causing drama. Shame to them all.

Posted by: Venus 9 May 2007 15:19:45

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2007, 06:56:24 PM »
I rather agree with that poster.
Now don't let this start an argument about the existence or otherwise of God but I really am praying for that child.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2007, 07:50:33 PM »
Obviously I wish no harm to come to her and I hope that she is found safe. (Don't do prayers but I am sending out positive vibes.) However, I do think that the parents need to be questioned at some stage over their apparent lack of parenting skills. Isn't it actually illegal in this country to leave a child that age alone?

That wasn't really the place for a full on diatribe but they are the only news site I could find that had opened the subject up for comment. However, I can't believe that they actually allowed that comment through or to remain.  eeek:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2007, 05:14:47 AM »
You can?t help but feel sorry for the child ? whatever happened it is likely to have been a terrifying experience for her?

However, I can?t help but feel that - tragic as a lost child obviously is - this is just another headline-grabbing media frenzy at a time of little other news. I can?t help but wonder how many other children have been raped/abused/died in house fires/been killed in car crashes, etcetera since the young girl went missing.

There must be dozens of grieving parents in the UK alone wondering why the death of their own child does not warrant media attention or messages of support on the Sky web site.

Yet not only does this story get more attention than any other child it also eclipses every other story in the world including the ongoing disasters in Iraq and Afghanistan, genocide in Africa, etc. Blimey, we?re even discussing it?

We?d all like a happy outcome to the story but those that send messages/positive thoughts and prayers should realise that but for the quick-witted actions of a news editor somewhere that spotted the ?story? her fate would have passed us by unnoticed ? as has the death and abuse of thousands of others since the story started and thousands more before it leaves the headlines?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2007, 12:49:15 PM »
At night there is a 'dining out service' free of charge. It is available from 7.30pm to 11.30pm. Parents bring their children to one of various creche areas in their pyjamas during those hours and can leave them there while they eat. Kate and Gerry McCann, Madeleine's parents, chose not to use the service when they went out to eat on Thursday evening.

There was no excuse for them to be left alone.

She was an IVF child. How can you be so desperate for a child and then so happily leave them alond.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2007, 12:50:24 PM »
Because, I suspect, she was a must have accessory ~ sadly
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Berek

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2007, 12:58:21 PM »
they are now concentrating on 2 men and a woman in a British car seen at the local petrol station.

not many of them in Portugal  ::) ::)

Berek

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2007, 01:52:56 PM »
I know i'm slow.

They are scousers, no wonder there is so much attention !!

And Everton FC has released a picture of her in a club shirt.

Captain Phil Neville said: "Everton has fans all over the world and I know that they, along with everyone connected with the football club, are hoping and praying for Madeleine's safe return."

Offline Nick

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2007, 01:55:18 PM »
Oh no, they are gong to be tying flowers and balloons to lampposts in Liverpool now noooo:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2007, 01:56:13 PM »
Oh no, they are gong to be tying flowers and balloons to lampposts in Liverpool now noooo:

Hadn't that already started? There was certainly a candlelit vigil not long ago.