Author Topic: New phone  (Read 24734 times)

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
Re: New phone
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2007, 09:53:41 AM »
To be fair, any phone I get here I buy and own.  whistle:

So the phone is not under contract from the telephone company ? they just charge me CY?1 per month for the SIM.

So while ?free? phones are not available in the long run it works out significantly cheaper.  cloud9:

Not on my plan! I signed up for it seven years ago and they have spent the last three trying to get me off it!  lol:
rubschin:
What do you pay then?

Just seen this of page one!  redface:

?15 a month, 50 free mins of calls a day that roll over if I don't use them and a text bundle of 50 a month that also rolls over. Plus a free upgrade to my handset every year or money towards a trade in. The only time I go over the ?15 is when I use my phone abroad.

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2007, 09:55:17 AM »
Would that be The Harrow or the Ye Olde Red Lion? The Bell? Don't think it would be the Railway. My sister and her family go to The Harrow, but I think that is more for somewhere to eat rather than a place to have a drink.
Sutton - do you know The Robin Hood, New Town, Nightingale?
If it was me I would bypass Sutton and try around Carshalton, still some nice pubs around there.

The Harrow mainly The Bell is Sunday afternoon pub because of the pool table. Red Lion is a bit too far to walk. We went in the Railway Saturday night because we knew we would get seats.  scared2: It's a scarey place. Up for sale though for a very reasonable price. If they could sort out who owns the scrub land to the side and behind it and you would be allowed a pub garden it could be a decent investment.

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2007, 09:55:41 AM »

RTFM

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2007, 09:59:12 AM »
Ahhh yes near the old doctors surgery. We have been in there. Problem is we are all lazy and if it isn't a stones throw from a bus stop or train station we won't attend.  redface:

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2007, 10:10:21 AM »
Ahhh yes near the old doctors surgery. We have been in there. Problem is we are all lazy and if it isn't a stones throw from a bus stop or train station we won't attend.  redface:
Lazy? The Red Lion is only 200 yards from the Harrow, that's crawling distance never mind walking!
Robin Hood - from Cheam, 151 busto Sutton, downhill from bus stop, cough up a fiver for cab home, job done.
Ever ventured into the abyss known as Worcester Park? sick2:

RTFM

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2007, 10:18:30 AM »
Noooooooooo!

Basically it's Ashtead, Cheam, Sutton, Wimbledon or Putney.

Might try the Robin Hood. It is rather close.  redface:

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2007, 10:44:21 AM »
Don't know Ashtead. Wimbledon/Putney - a few years since I went drinking around there.
Don't really drink in Sutton since moving away from there - used to drink in what you term the dodgy end, knew plenty of people so never had a problem. Currently, prefer the pubs around Carshalton & Wallington, better places if a tad expensive at times (Youngs, please note), and by and large
better people. Would rather pay the extra if it means the scumbags can't afford to drink there.

RTFM

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2007, 03:52:30 PM »

So the phone is not under contract from the telephone company ? they just charge me CY?1 per month for the SIM.

So while ?free? phones are not available in the long run it works out significantly cheaper.  cloud9:

Not on my plan! I signed up for it seven years ago and they have spent the last three trying to get me off it!  lol:
rubschin:
What do you pay then?

?15 a month, 50 free mins of calls a day that roll over if I don't use them and a text bundle of 50 a month that also rolls over. Plus a free upgrade to my handset every year or money towards a trade in. The only time I go over the ?15 is when I use my phone abroad.
That'll be ?180 per year against my ?12 then?  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2007, 07:41:17 AM »

rubschin:
What do you pay then?

You're foreign you don't count.  cussing:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2007, 08:07:50 AM »

rubschin:
What do you pay then?

Just seen this of page one!  redface:

You're foreign you don't count.  cussing:

'e's uropeen now y'know
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2007, 08:49:35 AM »
Where has everybody gone? Is it a national holiday or something?

RTFM

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2007, 08:54:58 AM »

No it's that day of the week when we all say F*CK shocked003 Tomorrow's Friday and I haven't done any work yet this week and start working like mad in the vain hope of catching up.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #102 on: September 13, 2007, 09:04:34 AM »
I'd rather be sitting on the green, outside the pub, sipping a pint of Youngs, taking in the rays and studying the lunch menu. Oh and probably doing a bit of ogling, if possible.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 09:24:20 AM by tel »

RTFM

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2007, 09:41:53 AM »

No it's that day of the week when we all say F*CK shocked003 Tomorrow's Friday and I haven't done any work yet this week and start working like mad in the vain hope of catching up.

That is pretty much it.  eeek:

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2007, 09:49:39 AM »
Well, I am just about to inform all my lovely (ab)users that we will be putting the servers back in the rack this afternoon (we had to pull them out when we got flooded in that torrential downpour) and that internet/email access will be frequently interrupted all afternoon - should cheer them up.

RTFM