Author Topic: Unclean BM ...??  (Read 947 times)

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
Unclean BM ...??
« on: January 11, 2020, 10:10:07 PM »
From a friend of mine in BM village .....

"So... nearly a week without water in Pissouri! For anyone thinking to move to pissouri.. dont f****ng bother! No shower, no washing, no clean clothes, barely able to flush the toilet at this stage! Power cuts whenever suits them! Water bills that are made up!
An absolute joke of a village!
Moving here was the biggest mistake we ever made and I highly advise anyone to stay the f**k away from Pissouri.
Rant Over!"

But no mention of neighbours ..so .. Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Unclean BM ...??
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2020, 08:38:03 AM »

"So... nearly a week without water in Pissouri! For anyone thinking to move to pissouri.. dont f****ng bother! No shower, no washing, no clean clothes, barely able to flush the toilet at this stage! Power cuts whenever suits them! Water bills that are made up!
Moving here was the biggest mistake we ever made and I highly advise anyone to stay the f**k away from Pissouri.
Rant Over!"

lol: lol: lol:

Was it Kirsty...? They aren't happy...  whistle:

We got some water last night so our tanks are full again although we didn't actually run out... I put a whopping great tank on the new apartment so we are set for another week at least...  ;)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 10:09:08 AM »

Rant Over!"

We got some water last night so our tanks are full again although we didn't actually run out... I put a whopping great tank on the new apartment so we are set for another week at least...  ;)
:thumbsup:
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 03:06:58 PM »

Rant Over!"

Still no water in the village... The people are going mental...  confused:

For some reason tankers are only allowed to carry 16 tonnes of water... So they empty that into the tank at the bottom of the village and it has all disappeared bu the time the guy starts his engine again...  lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 05:05:34 PM »

Rant Over!"

For some reason tankers are only allowed to carry 16 tonnes of water... So they empty that into the tank at the bottom of the village and it has all disappeared bu the time the guy starts his engine again...  lol:
Is this connected to the land slips?

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2020, 06:02:21 PM »

Rant Over!"

Is this connected to the land slips?

No, exactly the same problem as this time last year... ::)

Our water comes from a pumping station in Pafos (which is odd because we are in Limassol District)...

The pumping station is built on a river bed... facepalm:

So when we have lots of rain, the dams overflow and the pumping station and pipework is damaged...

Once the rain stops, they fix it and then assume that it could never happen again so no 'Plan B' is necessary...  Banghead

I still wouldn't swap it for the UK tho...  lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 06:12:14 PM »
IIRC we get water cuts here too.

It's a funny thing with pumping stations, you can't have the pump inlet any higher than ~32 feet above the water you want to pump so they mostly tend to be a bit low lying.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 06:21:37 PM »
IIRC we get water cuts here too.

It's a funny thing with pumping stations, you can't have the pump inlet any higher than ~32 feet above the water you want to pump so they mostly tend to be a bit low lying.

Yes but, on the river bed...? In the outflow from a dam...?  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2020, 06:25:33 PM »
Send a bomber!!!  Code word is Nigger  redface: redface: Jail: Jail:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2020, 06:29:06 PM »
Send a bomber!!!  Code word is Nigger  redface: redface: Jail: Jail:

rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2020, 07:42:27 PM »

Rant Over!"

Yes .... ;D

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2020, 07:55:24 PM »

Rant Over!"

Yes .... ;D

;D
Pro Skub  Thumbs: