Disgusterous

Author Topic: Northern Rock  (Read 8883 times)

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
Re: Northern Rock
« Reply #105 on: September 19, 2007, 09:15:56 AM »
Who brought you back to 99?  cussing:
Who brought you down to 98?  whistle:

Given the purpose of this thread let's look upon it as a correction of the karma Market shall we?  whistle:
I see the Fed raised interest rates by 0.5% - can I expect my karma to bounce back then?  ;D

I think you'll find that was a reduction, not a hike.
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #106 on: September 19, 2007, 09:42:29 AM »
Who brought you back to 99?  cussing:
Who brought you down to 98?  whistle:

Given the purpose of this thread let's look upon it as a correction of the karma Market shall we?  whistle:
I see the Fed raised interest rates by 0.5% - can I expect my karma to bounce back then?  ;D

I think you'll find that was a reduction, not a hike.
Um yes...  redface:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Berek

« Reply #107 on: September 19, 2007, 10:00:24 AM »
no sooner had the shares started to rise they are dropping again..

whistle:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2007, 11:16:19 AM »
I just stole a bucket of sand tho so while construction is up so are the crime figures? prolly. What am I talking about?  shrugs:

Damned if we know, although strangely enough you seem to be making more sense than normal old boy  whistle:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #109 on: September 19, 2007, 12:36:10 PM »
I just stole a bucket of sand tho so while construction is up so are the crime figures? prolly. What am I talking about?  shrugs:

Damned if we know, although strangely enough you seem to be making more sense than normal old boy  whistle:
Oh...  redface:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #110 on: September 19, 2007, 01:14:13 PM »
Back on topic (shame on me whistle:) this NR crisis means that Mortgage Intermediaries are unable to place deals at NR and my company is picking up lots of the bounty. So much so that at 10.30 this morning, I was asked to set up an environment for 11 people (temps) by Monday to cope with the massive increase in business. My monkeys put the desks in, I sorted the PCs and phones. It was ready at 12.37.

Big Boss was dead impressed and has chucked us all ?100 for our sterling effort. And STILL they're going to make us all redundant... Banghead

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #111 on: December 12, 2007, 08:20:28 AM »
Thirty billion is the amount that the government have now lent to Northern Rock – thirty farking billion!

The loan is now rapidly approaching the value of the company’s recoverable assets. The shareholders are completely farked – they will get nothing.

This government has completely farked the whole thing up – they should have bitten Virgin’s arm off when they showed any interest in the thing – too late now…

But the thing that really annoys me more than anything is that every time I sit down in front of the telly for a bit of R & R I have every charity in the world begging me for a few quid of my hard earnt to solve some crises or another. A couple of quid will educate an African child, rescue ill-treated animals, resolve child cruelty and cure cancer.

Yet the government isn’t concerned about cancer or child cruelty or people using dogs as ash-trays – the most important thing is ‘to protect the shareholders' of dead duck Northern Rock and they can’t even get that right.

And another thing – that RSPCA advert that is made up like a game show – the text you send costs £3 plus the call charge yet only £1.80 goes to charity. Where the fark does the other £1.20 go then?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #112 on: December 12, 2007, 08:43:53 AM »
the text you send costs £3 plus the call charge yet only £1.80 goes to charity. Where the fark does the other £1.20 go then?

It lines the pockets of the evil, capitalist Vodafone shareholders.  whistle:
I mostly despair

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #113 on: December 18, 2007, 12:32:02 PM »
Taxpayer’s potential exposure to Northern Rock = One hundred billion Pounds!  eeek:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #114 on: December 18, 2007, 12:35:02 PM »
 eeek: Even Mr Dance would blanche at that figure ~ though he would expect the lower orders to pay it of course.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2007, 08:44:43 AM »
Quote from: BBC Web Shite
Bradford & Bingley has approached Northern Rock about buying assets from the troubled lender, the BBC's Business Editor Robert Peston has learnt.

Although the mortgage lender is not looking to buy Northern Rock outright, Mr Peston said it could become part of a private sector rescue of the firm.

Source

I can't help but believe that 'buying assets' means they are willing to skim off all the solid mortgages leaving the taxpayer with a load of valueless loans that will never be repaid…  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

skunk hater

« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2007, 01:56:58 PM »
Any company that are stupid enough to sponsor that money pit that is newcastle disunited football club deserve to go bust!   even mrs mc rae has removed her bussiness from northern rock she is now with scottish widows

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2007, 02:27:19 PM »
Any company that are stupid enough to sponsor that money pit that is newcastle disunited football club deserve to go bust!   even mrs mc rae has removed her bussiness from northern rock she is now with scottish widows
drumroll:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2008, 09:31:43 AM »
Bank watchdog 'to get more power'

The chancellor is planning to give the Financial Services Authority more power to deal with failing banks to avoid another Northern Rock-style crisis.

Source

Its amazing that this vile man has been telling us for months what a wonderful job the government did with Northern Rock and how well they coped, etc.

Now it was apparently ‘a crisis’ which demands new legislation and draconian powers for the FSA. This rushed legislation will only end in more taxpayer’s tears…  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2008, 08:40:20 AM »
Laws planned to nationalise Rock

The government has decided to use legislation to take Northern Rock into public ownership if nationalisation of the bank goes ahead.

A short emergency bill would be used, rather than the government buying the company in a conventional way.

Source

We could have told you that weeks ago... wankers!  Banghead
Pro Skub  Thumbs: