Author Topic: Northern Rock  (Read 8901 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Northern Rock
« Reply #120 on: February 18, 2008, 10:19:50 AM »
Anyone here with Northern Rock ~ I'd say get your money out quick ..... the FSA have expressed their "Full Confidence" in the company, a kiss of death if ever I heard one.
A representative of the FSA says they are responsible lenders but others say that Northern Rock has been lending up to 7 times income against inflated price properties. A 55% increase in lending in the past year is not "natural growth"

It's all going down the
Well said Mr. Snoops...  happy088
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #121 on: February 18, 2008, 10:27:18 AM »
It only remained for Darling to flush.  ::)
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #122 on: February 19, 2008, 09:51:50 AM »
A thought occurs .... can this be Berek's fault? We know him to be from the North East .... he has recently bought a football club ..... perhaps his withdrawal of funds from his piggy bank was the last straw.  whistle:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #123 on: February 19, 2008, 09:58:01 AM »
A thought occurs .... can this be Berek's fault? We know him to be from the North East .... he has recently bought a football club ..... perhaps his withdrawal of funds from his piggy bank was the last straw.  whistle:
Could be... the draw that broke the camel's back?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #124 on: February 19, 2008, 10:25:42 AM »

Now that Northern Rock has been nationalised it means that we poor taxpayers now sponsor both Newcastle United and Newcastle Falcons RU teams. Does this mean we could soon find ourselves mixing (I was going to say hob-nobbing but thought better of it) in the same company as Berek after the match?
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #125 on: February 19, 2008, 10:28:34 AM »
Thats an insult I'll have you know, Berek is a Mackem fan. He worships at the Stadium of Shyte.  evil:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2008, 10:30:57 AM »

Now that Northern Rock has been nationalised it means that we poor taxpayers now sponsor both Newcastle United and Newcastle Falcons RU teams. Does this mean we could soon find ourselves mixing (I was going to say hob-nobbing but thought better of it) in the same company as Berek after the match?
Yes, strange situation isn’t it? They also have some charitable trust which the government has pledged to keep on supporting…

The government is so shite at everything that a charitable trust I set up to support the homeless, etc. then Darling fucks up Northern Rock so the government has to give money to a charitable trust to step in where the government didn’t give enough money, etc. It’s like something out of The Cat in the Hat…  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #127 on: February 19, 2008, 10:44:19 AM »
Looking at Gordon and Darling (God that sounds like a lne from Blackadder) Cat isnt quite the word I'd have used although it does sound similar.

It doesnt matter how bizzare Dr Seuss got it could never have matched with this shower.  noooo:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #128 on: February 19, 2008, 10:45:23 AM »

More importantly does this mean that we can all wear a Cashmere Overcoat, with Velvet Collar, and sit in the Directors' Box with "models"  eyes:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #129 on: February 19, 2008, 10:55:27 AM »

More importantly does this mean that we can all wear a Cashmere Overcoat, with Velvet Collar, and sit in the Directors' Box with "models"  eyes:
Don't you wear one anyway?  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #130 on: February 19, 2008, 10:59:10 AM »
Only when LL has him dolled up like a poodle BM  point:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #131 on: February 19, 2008, 11:06:53 AM »
Looking at Gordon and Darling (God that sounds like a lne from Blackadder) Cat isnt quite the word I'd have used although it does sound similar.

It doesnt matter how bizzare Dr Seuss got it could never have matched with this shower.  noooo:
Hopefully they've shat on their own doorstep this time...  Banghead
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Berek

« Reply #132 on: February 19, 2008, 12:31:30 PM »

How dare you

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #133 on: February 19, 2008, 12:43:47 PM »

How dare you

Steady on Berek .... many more performances under Keegan and the Toon may well find themselves down there playing your lot. I think that was what was meant rather than that you could possibly be a Newcastle Supporter.

<Pours Oil on Troubled Waters ..... lights match and walks away>  whistle:

Offline Nick

« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2008, 02:49:46 PM »
Is this about people who kick pigs' bladders about? Heavens. noooo:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile