Disgusterous

Author Topic: Goodluck to the Man and much love to Miss D  (Read 6598 times)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: Goodluck to the Man and much love to Miss D
« Reply #90 on: April 29, 2021, 07:56:20 PM »
He had a restorative roast dinner   lol:- no beer  noooo:
he'll need something after that first half
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #91 on: April 29, 2021, 08:04:24 PM »
He had a restorative roast dinner   lol:- no beer  noooo:
he'll need something after that first half

drumroll: rubschin:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2021, 09:13:18 AM »
So proper rubbish night last night.

It would seem that the Man's ankle has now swollen up and is too painful to walk on , and he needs to start walking to get more mobile after op. He is taking the daily injections for anti blood clotting but as soon as something like this happens you start thinking about DVT etc.

Anyway go to sleep about midnight, get woken at 2 . Cold compress applied and elevation of leg etc . Start to go back to sleep and then get asked to go and get more pain killers etc. Faffing around til about 4  and then go try to go back to sleep. Get woken at 5 for assistance to help him up to go to the loo. Takes forever.

Go back to bed then half an hour later my alarm goes and off I trot downstairs to start work . The man baby has been sleeping soundly since then.

I my need the divine gods of patience to be nice to people today  lol:
Skubber

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #93 on: April 30, 2021, 09:15:01 AM »
 noooo:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #94 on: April 30, 2021, 09:29:44 AM »

It would seem that the Man's ankle has now swollen up and is too painful to walk on , and he needs to start walking to get more mobile after op. He is taking the daily injections for anti blood clotting but as soon as something like this happens you start thinking about DVT etc.

Anyway go to sleep about midnight, get woken at 2 . Cold compress applied and elevation of leg etc . Start to go back to sleep and then get asked to go and get more pain killers etc. Faffing around til about 4  and then go try to go back to sleep. Get woken at 5 for assistance to help him up to go to the loo. Takes forever.

Go back to bed then half an hour later my alarm goes and off I trot downstairs to start work . The man baby has been sleeping soundly since then.

Blimey, it is like living with The Brat again!  lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #95 on: April 30, 2021, 12:03:01 PM »

Well done ....... Thumbs: 

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2021, 08:12:55 AM »

At least I could shout at The Brat  lol:
Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2021, 08:26:19 AM »

lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2021, 09:19:09 AM »

But you can take it out on whoever the most irritating colleague and if they do raise a complaint say that it's all down to the stress of everything going on.  eveilgrin:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Nick

« Reply #99 on: May 05, 2021, 01:19:44 PM »
I wonder how the Man is rubschin: rubschin:  Perhaps he is up to doing a little light hoovering and ironing  :thumbsup:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #100 on: May 05, 2021, 01:32:19 PM »
 noooo: noooo: noooo:

He is ok but getting a little fed up. Trying to get out for a little walk every day but other things have started playing up like his back, ankle etc which is getting him down.

Then its just managing all the appts. We had to go to do blood tests yesterday at some other surgery as our practice still is not operating a 'full service'   ( you get the sense that most GP practices quite like not 'seeing' people and this will never go back to how it was  noooo:) .

So Friday we have to go to Hillingdon hospital  for a appt with nurse. Next Monday we have to go to St Marks hospital for appt with Oncologist to go through the chemotherapy treatment and when that will begin hopefully . Then Tuesday go to Central Middlesex hospital for a follow up appt with  consultant surgeon . Then back to the other place again on Wednesday for the weekly blood tests  noooo:

For each appt you get at least 2 confirmation letters in post  noooo:

This is our social life now  lol:
Skubber

Offline Nick

« Reply #101 on: May 05, 2021, 01:34:04 PM »
Welcome to my world!  I get letters and text message reminders  noooo:  Give him some ironing therapy  :thumbsup:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2021, 03:04:47 PM »
noooo: noooo: noooo:

He is ok but getting a little fed up. Trying to get out for a little walk every day but other things have started playing up like his back, ankle etc which is getting him down.

Then its just managing all the appts. We had to go to do blood tests yesterday at some other surgery as our practice still is not operating a 'full service'   ( you get the sense that most GP practices quite like not 'seeing' people and this will never go back to how it was  noooo:) .

So Friday we have to go to Hillingdon hospital  for a appt with nurse. Next Monday we have to go to St Marks hospital for appt with Oncologist to go through the chemotherapy treatment and when that will begin hopefully . Then Tuesday go to Central Middlesex hospital for a follow up appt with  consultant surgeon . Then back to the other place again on Wednesday for the weekly blood tests  noooo:

For each appt you get at least 2 confirmation letters in post  noooo:

This is our social life now  lol:
The good news though is he's getting the appointments without having to chase

Will he by any chance make a magic recovery for 8pm tomorrow?

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2021, 03:09:11 PM »
Apparently that is good therapy lol:

Although he has deferred his season ticket for 21-22 to the following year   scared2:
Skubber

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #104 on: May 11, 2021, 12:16:19 PM »
So yesterday we had an appt with Oncologist.  Woman sitting down in office with file notes in front of her etc.  So we sit down . No introductions – she launches in with the “ Can you tell me your appraisal of what has happened so far and what you think are your results “

So the man gives a quick summary of what we think we know.  Then she starts to carefully and slowly repeat this whilst looking at the paperwork  and pulling more concerned faces. She looks at me and ask me what is wrong and so I simply say that I am obviously waiting for her to deliver some bad news as she seems to be leading up to this .

She doesn’t respond. Start going through the surgery results and talking of cells that could become active in the lymph nodes etc.  Then starts going on about chemo and the implications and 50% chance of return without and 25% return if have chemo etc. 

There was nothing positive in her demeanour at all . Then the nurse says oh I will go and get the Oncologist now !!!  WTF  - so you would presume she is in training  - not that she clarified anything at this point. Along  comes  the Oncologist  and goes through stuff in a bit more detail  – but my god we both came away yesterday feeling so low with all sorts of fears and dreads bubbling away.

Today we had an appt with the surgeon who performed op. She gave a completely different perspective and was focusing on the positives and next steps and making it all manageable etc. 

I totally appreciate they have to go through the whole spectrum of scenarios to ensure you are fully informed but what you can’t teach is ‘bedside manner’    noooo: noooo: noooo:
Skubber