Author Topic: Goodluck to the Man and much love to Miss D  (Read 6596 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Goodluck to the Man and much love to Miss D
« Reply #105 on: May 11, 2021, 12:41:26 PM »
So yesterday we had an appt with Oncologist.  Woman sitting down in office with file notes in front of her etc.  So we sit down . No introductions – she launches in with the “ Can you tell me your appraisal of what has happened so far and what you think are your results “

So the man gives a quick summary of what we think we know.  Then she starts to carefully and slowly repeat this whilst looking at the paperwork  and pulling more concerned faces. She looks at me and ask me what is wrong and so I simply say that I am obviously waiting for her to deliver some bad news as she seems to be leading up to this .

She doesn’t respond. Start going through the surgery results and talking of cells that could become active in the lymph nodes etc.  Then starts going on about chemo and the implications and 50% chance of return without and 25% return if have chemo etc. 

There was nothing positive in her demeanour at all . Then the nurse says oh I will go and get the Oncologist now !!!  WTF  - so you would presume she is in training  - not that she clarified anything at this point. Along  comes  the Oncologist  and goes through stuff in a bit more detail  – but my god we both came away yesterday feeling so low with all sorts of fears and dreads bubbling away.

Today we had an appt with the surgeon who performed op. She gave a completely different perspective and was focusing on the positives and next steps and making it all manageable etc. 

I totally appreciate they have to go through the whole spectrum of scenarios to ensure you are fully informed but what you can’t teach is ‘bedside manner’    noooo: noooo: noooo:

happy100

Sounds terrible...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #106 on: May 11, 2021, 01:01:16 PM »
 Thinking of you both

happy100

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2021, 01:32:01 PM »
So yesterday we had an appt with Oncologist.  Woman sitting down in office with file notes in front of her etc.  So we sit down . No introductions – she launches in with the “ Can you tell me your appraisal of what has happened so far and what you think are your results “

So the man gives a quick summary of what we think we know.  Then she starts to carefully and slowly repeat this whilst looking at the paperwork  and pulling more concerned faces. She looks at me and ask me what is wrong and so I simply say that I am obviously waiting for her to deliver some bad news as she seems to be leading up to this .

She doesn’t respond. Start going through the surgery results and talking of cells that could become active in the lymph nodes etc.  Then starts going on about chemo and the implications and 50% chance of return without and 25% return if have chemo etc. 

There was nothing positive in her demeanour at all . Then the nurse says oh I will go and get the Oncologist now !!!  WTF  - so you would presume she is in training  - not that she clarified anything at this point. Along  comes  the Oncologist  and goes through stuff in a bit more detail  – but my god we both came away yesterday feeling so low with all sorts of fears and dreads bubbling away.

Today we had an appt with the surgeon who performed op. She gave a completely different perspective and was focusing on the positives and next steps and making it all manageable etc. 

I totally appreciate they have to go through the whole spectrum of scenarios to ensure you are fully informed but what you can’t teach is ‘bedside manner’    noooo: noooo: noooo:

happy100

Thinking of you both

happy100

What they both said.  Good grief they do put some totally inadequate people in the NHS at fortunately rare times, just not right that you got one
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2021, 02:50:06 PM »

happy100

When my Ex had brain tumour we were "so lucky" with both surgeon and radiotherapist....but both them ripped the other staff ..for similar to your experiences .. noooo:

It is prob the most stressfull time in your life and some of these c88ts seem to forget ... noooo:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #109 on: May 11, 2021, 03:26:42 PM »
Thinking of you both

happy100

Hoping for the best for you too Unc  :thumbsup:
Skubber

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #110 on: May 11, 2021, 04:27:02 PM »

happy100

When my Ex had brain tumour we were "so lucky" with both surgeon and radiotherapist....but both them ripped the other staff ..for similar to your experiences .. noooo:

It is prob the most stressfull time in your life and some of these c88ts seem to forget ... noooo:
Some people just shouldn't be in public-facing jobs. It's just not part of the requirement it seems these days.
Good luck.  happy100
I mostly despair

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2021, 05:04:54 PM »
Sounds horrendous Miss D. Thinking of the two of you x
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Nick

« Reply #112 on: May 12, 2021, 05:28:59 AM »
Simpy awful. If it helps, they do tend to go for worst case scenarios, but some of them seem to lack basic human communication skills noooo:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #113 on: May 12, 2021, 08:24:07 AM »
Simpy awful. If it helps, they do tend to go for worst case scenarios, but some of them seem to lack basic human communication skills noooo:

They probably misuse an apostrophe or two as well  lol:
Skubber

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #114 on: May 12, 2021, 08:27:49 AM »

They probably misuse an apostrophe or two as well  lol:
And have Marmite on their toast
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #115 on: May 12, 2021, 08:30:13 AM »
Eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww  sick2:

Road lickers  noooo:

Skubber

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #116 on: May 14, 2021, 12:43:47 PM »
So this morning we have received a copy of a letter that the Oncologist has sent to the Surgeon (and that is being supplied to the GP)

There are 2 pages of medical blah blah and then she says to the surgeon " thank you for referring this nice man "   rubschin:

Just struck me as odd and also what would they say if the patient was a pigging mare to deal with  rubschin:

Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #117 on: May 14, 2021, 12:47:15 PM »
So this morning we have received a copy of a letter that the Oncologist has sent to the Surgeon (and that is being supplied to the GP)

There are 2 pages of medical blah blah and then she says to the surgeon " thank you for referring this nice man "   rubschin:

Just struck me as odd and also what would they say if the patient was a pigging mare to deal with  rubschin:

It could be code...  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #118 on: May 14, 2021, 12:50:48 PM »
Oh what the ol reverse psychology thing - that would make more sense  lol:
Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...