Disgusterous

Author Topic: Goodluck to the Man and much love to Miss D  (Read 6603 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: Goodluck to the Man and much love to Miss D
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2021, 03:41:13 PM »
That is absolutely standard now. Every letter I get refers to me as "this charming/delightful gentleman" cloud9: cloud9:  (Prolly autofill). Still, a step up from "nice"  rubschin:

He should write one of his blogs  whistle:

It is probably code of the NM or NFN kind  :thumbsup:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #121 on: June 21, 2021, 07:19:57 PM »
So chemo has started for the Man.

Half day session in God's waiting room and then home with pump to keep administering the stuff and then back to horsepickle 2 days later to get disconnected.

However the poor fella wakes up and and gets an unsettling feeling of damp around him  eeek: .. But this is in the arm area where the tubing all is . Rings hospital and has to go in straight away , where after  a whole day of being there, they confirm they hadn't attached the chemo properly  noooo:

A couple of days later his arm starts swelling and getting red. He rings the hospital again and they say could just be where the chemicals got on his skin but come in anyway.

Turns out he had a blood clot at the top of his arm  where the blood is trying to navigate around the tubing.  noooo:

Ultrasounds and more scans and now he has to take another course of injections at home for the next 30 days but the size of these needles is horrific  noooo: - I admit I wimped out and can't do them  noooo:  So the poor fella is having to do them himself but they are really hurting.

Next chemo session tomorrow ...  surrender:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 07:21:28 PM by Miss Demeanour »
Skubber

Offline Nick

« Reply #122 on: June 21, 2021, 07:21:50 PM »
SOunds awful for you both  happy100
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #123 on: June 21, 2021, 07:23:57 PM »
We are certainly top of the class for the "If it can go wrong it will do " course  lol:
Skubber

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #124 on: June 21, 2021, 07:30:14 PM »

Half day session in God's waiting room and then home with pump to keep administering the stuff and then back to horsepickle 2 days later to get disconnected.

However the poor fella wakes up and and gets an unsettling feeling of damp around him  eeek: .. But this is in the arm area where the tubing all is . Rings hospital and has to go in straight away , where after  a whole day of being there, they confirm they hadn't attached the chemo properly  noooo:

A couple of days later his arm starts swelling and getting red. He rings the hospital again and they say could just be where the chemicals got on his skin but come in anyway.

Turns out he had a blood clot at the top of his arm  where the blood is trying to navigate around the tubing.  noooo:

Ultrasounds and more scans and now he has to take another course of injections at home for the next 30 days but the size of these needles is horrific  noooo: - I admit I wimped out and can't do them  noooo:  So the poor fella is having to do them himself but they are really hurting.

noooo:  keep ya chin up ..

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #125 on: June 21, 2021, 07:31:01 PM »
What all of them ?  eeek:  lol:
Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #126 on: June 21, 2021, 07:45:50 PM »
What all of them ?  eeek:  lol:

lol: lol: lol:

Bloody hell tho - hopefully things will improve soon!  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #127 on: June 21, 2021, 07:48:52 PM »

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #128 on: June 21, 2021, 08:27:37 PM »

Bloody hell Miss D  happy100 happy100 happy100 (All these hugs, people will be talking) Fingers crossed for you both x
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #129 on: June 21, 2021, 09:13:08 PM »

Bloody hell Miss D  happy100 happy100 happy100 (All these hugs, people will be talking) Fingers crossed for you both x
What a nightmare.  noooo: You must be ready to explode with all this bungling. All our thoughts are with you I'm sure. Good luck.
I mostly despair

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #130 on: June 22, 2021, 07:18:25 AM »
What can I add but more hugs   happy100

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #131 on: June 22, 2021, 07:53:03 AM »
Fank you all  cloud9:

Love a hug I do  lol:
Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #132 on: June 22, 2021, 08:12:55 AM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #133 on: June 22, 2021, 09:09:18 AM »
Bloody hell Miss D, how many black cats did you and the Man run over to get this much shit thrown into your lives?

Hope it's all better news from now on
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #134 on: June 22, 2021, 01:24:26 PM »
Me too  lol:

I haven't consumed much voddy recently - I fear that may be the real issue here  lol:
Skubber