Author Topic: This is just wrong  (Read 731 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
This is just wrong
« on: October 26, 2022, 04:28:15 PM »
I tend to follow politics in America as I have family over there so I decided to watch the John Fetterman Mehmet Oz senate debate last night. I was curious as it's only been a couple of months since Fetterman had a stroke and it seems far too short a recovery time to be able to get back into the stress and strain of the campaign trail. What everyone saw in the debate shows that both his doctor (who apparently has told him that he is capable of serving in office) and his campaign team need sacking and someone with some integrity needs to tell Fetterman that for the sake of his health and recovery he needs to bow out of the race. 

As polarised as america is at the moment surely both sides can see this poor bastard should not be doing this. Are the Democrats incapable of finding an alternative candidate that Fetterman could have thrown his support behind so he could concentrating on the recovery he so clearly needs?

https://youtu.be/2k1umoIGJ9A
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: This is just wrong
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 07:06:17 PM »
I tend to follow politics in America as I have family over there so I decided to watch the John Fetterman Mehmet Oz senate debate last night. I was curious as it's only been a couple of months since Fetterman had a stroke and it seems far too short a recovery time to be able to get back into the stress and strain of the campaign trail. What everyone saw in the debate shows that both his doctor (who apparently has told him that he is capable of serving in office) and his campaign team need sacking and someone with some integrity needs to tell Fetterman that for the sake of his health and recovery he needs to bow out of the race. 

As polarised as america is at the moment surely both sides can see this poor bastard should not be doing this. Are the Democrats incapable of finding an alternative candidate that Fetterman could have thrown his support behind so he could concentrating on the recovery he so clearly needs?

https://youtu.be/2k1umoIGJ9A

I watched it the other day, agree with you 100%
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 07:59:13 PM »
If only there were a stable genius who could solve everything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8joeSGiMSg
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2022, 10:51:27 PM »
For crying out loud nick, my original post had nothing to do with Trump or politics and everything to do with basic humanity. Just watching an hour long debate it was clear that Fetterman needs time to be able to recover from his stroke instead of being thrust into the stress of campaigning. Given how much time his campaign team would be spending around him they are either complete idiots and can't see the condition he is in or couldn't care less about the state of his health. It doesn't matter what side of the political divide you may be on, putting him through this much stress and strain is wrong.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Online Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2022, 07:55:51 AM »
Yes he stumbled over a few words but to me he still came over as a credible candidate . Reading other reports it seems that the opposition is using the fact he had a stroke as a stick to hit him with.

Strokes affect people in many different ways, some have aftereffects that are totally disabling, other seem to walk away with no discernible effects. He had a stroke in May; I had mine in 2016 and I still have some trouble with my speech. And that after speech therapy!

I doubt he's being forced by his team to continue. He probably wants (and needs) to get on with his life. It's unfortunate that politics is so adversary.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2022, 09:22:43 AM »
Yes he stumbled over a few words but to me he still came over as a credible candidate . Reading other reports it seems that the opposition is using the fact he had a stroke as a stick to hit him with.

Strokes affect people in many different ways, some have aftereffects that are totally disabling, other seem to walk away with no discernible effects. He had a stroke in May; I had mine in 2016 and I still have some trouble with my speech. And that after speech therapy!

I doubt he's being forced by his team to continue. He probably wants (and needs) to get on with his life. It's unfortunate that politics is so adversary.
Nail hit head Uncle  :thumbsup:

An interesting read on that debate: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-63379177

Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2022, 05:38:54 PM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2022, 05:54:51 PM »
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2022, 05:58:07 PM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2022, 09:34:41 PM »
I watched it.

Cleverly chosen clips, making up 'quotes' which he then disparages. The guy's unbelievable.

Maybe Fetterman needs more time to recover especially given the toxic atmosphere of US politics. Personally I applaud him.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2022, 09:51:58 AM »
Didn't a court rule that no one would believe him?

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/917747123/you-literally-cant-believe-the-facts-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawye

So you didn't watch it then...? ::)
No smart person believes that serial fraud Tucker Carlson.  If he said the sky was blue I'd have to check so why waste 15 minutes watching him spout his BS?

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2022, 09:52:16 AM »
I watched it.

Cleverly chosen clips, making up 'quotes' which he then disparages. The guy's unbelievable.

Maybe Fetterman needs more time to recover especially given the toxic atmosphere of US politics. Personally I applaud him.
:thumbsup:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2022, 10:20:41 AM »
Didn't a court rule that no one would believe him?

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/917747123/you-literally-cant-believe-the-facts-tucker-carlson-tells-you-so-say-fox-s-lawye

So you didn't watch it then...? ::)
No smart person believes that serial fraud Tucker Carlson.  If he said the sky was blue I'd have to check so why waste 15 minutes watching him spout his BS?

::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2022, 10:53:13 AM »
Come on BM you saying you've never heard what a serial fraud Tucker Carlson is and then never checked? 

Online Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2022, 11:00:54 AM »
I've never heard of him before but after watching just that one clip, I would doublecheck everything he says.