Disgusterous

Author Topic: Being deliberately blinded  (Read 476 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Being deliberately blinded
« on: November 28, 2022, 11:10:46 AM »
Quack is sending me to the hospital tomorrow to get my eyes tested. Got to get a taxi as they say I will not be able to see for 4 hours afterwards and no driving for the rest of the day  eeek: scared2:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: Being deliberately blinded
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 11:17:10 AM »
Quack is sending me to the hospital tomorrow to get my eyes tested. Got to get a taxi as they say I will not be able to see for 4 hours afterwards and no driving for the rest of the day  eeek: scared2:
It'll be just the pupil dilation stuff they put in the eyes.  Means you can't drive in just about any sunlight at all but does mean they get a really good look at your retina.
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Nick

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 11:52:25 AM »
Not much fun being at the hospital for hours if you can't admire all those young ladies dressed as nurses  evil:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 12:07:59 PM »
Not much fun being at the hospital for hours if you can't admire all those young ladies dressed as nurses  evil:
They're not poking your eyes out with a stick are they? 

Offline Nick

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2022, 12:10:39 PM »
 redface:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2022, 12:47:00 PM »
It'll be just the pupil dilation stuff they put in the eyes.  Means you can't drive in just about any sunlight at all but does mean they get a really good look at your retina.

Wot Steve said, I had it done when I joined BICC...

You can see if you make a tiny hole with your fingers and peer through it... I managed to get all the way from Central London to Windsor on public transport that way...  ;)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2022, 01:16:53 PM »

You can see if you make a tiny hole with your fingers and peer through it... I managed to get all the way from Central London to Windsor on public transport that way...  ;)

The worst bit is the bright light they shine straight into the dilated pupil so they can see the retina clearly.  I had two years of that after an eye injury and it never got anything other than painful.  But best we don't let Nick know about such  ;).

And all unnecessary as Boots do those 3D retina scans for £15 that show far more.

Offline Nick

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2022, 01:54:14 PM »
 eeek:

The worst bit is the bright light they shine straight into the dilated pupil so they can see the retina clearly.  I had two years of that after an eye injury and it never got anything other than painful. But best we don't let Nick know about such  ;).

And all unnecessary as Boots do those 3D retina scans for £15 that show far more.

eeek: scared2:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2022, 06:56:39 PM »
One of the times I've had that procedure I was injected with fluorescein (A marker dye to highlight the retina) I had an allergic reaction, my lips puffed up and I puked all over the place  eeek:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2022, 08:35:39 PM »
One of the times I've had that procedure I was injected with fluorescein (A marker dye to highlight the retina) I had an allergic reaction, my lips puffed up and I puked all over the place  eeek:
eeek:

But I'm sure Nick will outdo you

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2022, 11:26:03 PM »
eeek:

The worst bit is the bright light they shine straight into the dilated pupil so they can see the retina clearly.  I had two years of that after an eye injury and it never got anything other than painful. But best we don't let Nick know about such  ;).

eeek: scared2:

It's ok Nick, I'm sure there isn't a long queue of nurses wielding maglites and halogen torches wanting their own back after being ogled by you..  whistle:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Nick

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2022, 08:33:56 AM »
Off I go  scared2:

Offline Nick

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2022, 10:49:38 AM »
And home  :thumbsup:  Prior warnings somewhat exaggerated, though everything is a bit blurry

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2022, 11:03:18 AM »
And home  :thumbsup:  Prior warnings somewhat exaggerated, though everything is a bit blurry

Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2022, 11:12:06 AM »

Thumbs:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: