Disgusterous

Author Topic: Sum Terrorists!  (Read 905 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Sum Terrorists!
« on: October 18, 2007, 03:26:40 PM »
NEW YORK -- A public school teacher was arrested today at John F. Kennedy International Airport as he attempted to board a flight while in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a set square, a slide rule and a calculator.

At a morning press conference, Attorney General Alberto Gonzales said he believes the man is a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement.

He did not identify the man, who has been charged by the FBI with carrying weapons of math instruction.

"Al-gebra is a problem for us," Gonzales said. "They desire solutions by means and extremes, and sometimes go off on tangents in search of absolute values. They use secret code names like 'x' and 'y' and refer to themselves as 'unknowns', but we have determined they belong to a common denominator of the axis of medieval with coordinates in every country.

As the Greek philanderer Isosceles used to say, "There are 3 sides to every triangle"

When asked to comment on the arrest, President Bush said, "If God had wanted us to have better weapons of math instruction, He would have given us more fingers and toes."

White House aides told reporters they could not recall a more intelligent or profound statement by the president.

The suspect has been charged together with his cosine with integration to cause an exponential
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
Re: Sum Terrorists!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 04:17:14 PM »
NEW YORK -- A public school teacher was arrested today at John F. Kennedy International Airport as he attempted to board a flight while in possession of a ruler, a protractor, a set square, a slide rule and a calculator.

At a morning press conference, Attorney General Alberto Gonzales said he believes the man is a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement.

He did not identify the man, who has been charged by the FBI with carrying weapons of math instruction.

"Al-gebra is a problem for us," Gonzales said. "They desire solutions by means and extremes, and sometimes go off on tangents in search of absolute values. They use secret code names like 'x' and 'y' and refer to themselves as 'unknowns', but we have determined they belong to a common denominator of the axis of medieval with coordinates in every country.

As the Greek philanderer Isosceles used to say, "There are 3 sides to every triangle"

When asked to comment on the arrest, President Bush said, "If God had wanted us to have better weapons of math instruction, He would have given us more fingers and toes."

White House aides told reporters they could not recall a more intelligent or profound statement by the president.

The suspect has been charged together with his cosine with integration to cause an exponential

How much of that do you need explained?  noooo:
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Sum Terrorists!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 04:41:56 PM »
The older ones among us don't need any explanations but the younger element will simply stare at the ceiling and mutter about "oldies and don't they know we got 'puters now?"  whistle:

Oh and I found it very funny which puts me in the "older but educated" bracket I guess.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.