Author Topic: Hunting again.....  (Read 8193 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Re: Hunting again.....
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2007, 07:56:43 PM »
K?

Do you deliberately act dim just to piss me off, or is it simply a natural and truly amazing hidden talent of yours? rubschin:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 08:03:11 PM by GROWLER »

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2007, 08:35:38 PM »
K?
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2007, 09:28:21 PM »
K?

Just as i thought.
Congratulations. ::)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2007, 06:16:13 AM »
Oh, and by the way DS. I hit my bloody screen this morning, thanks to YOU! ;)

What, wouldn't it fit in the dishwasher?

No you bloody ape. THE FLY! ::)
point:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Mozo

« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2007, 10:37:02 AM »
We can only wait to wonder what the next breath-taking episode of mechanical ignorance will manifest itself.

I doubt we will have to wait long! evil:

TOO! evil:

Sorry Growler, NO!

In that sentence, the verb form (infinitive as in split e.g. 'to boldly go' where the modifier boldly is inserted into the infinitive form of the verb 'to go') is 'to wait'. You'd have been correct if it had been written thus:

I doubt we will have toO long to wait      (note: it is still 'to wait')

OK?

Wrong you are not.

Know I that!

Pedantry perpetuated ... up with this, we shall no longer put!

chuntering again

« Reply #65 on: November 15, 2007, 12:15:56 PM »
Growler, I'm full of sympathy for the annoyance we endure at the hands of the premenstrual sex, but how can you blame her for costing you a new tyre when the tyre had a nail in it? That has happened to me twice in the past year, and each time I have handled the situation correctly, but  still had to have the tyre replaced. Modern tyres aren't really made to be repaired, and it is often more cost effective to just get a new one anyway. Besides - would you really feel confident driving on a motorway with a repaired tyre?

It sounds like £90-100 of the money spent was due to your own insistance that you fit a specific, Michelin tyre. £150 sounds inordinately expensive to me - I had a Bridgestone 4x4 tyre replaced on my CRV for just £60. What sort of vehicle are we talking about? A tractor?  ;)

I suspect you're just a bit sick of eachother's shit, which is perfectly understandable after 25 years together.  whistle:

Offline Nick

« Reply #66 on: November 15, 2007, 12:17:08 PM »
Don't upset him.

He's currently sulking (official)

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2007, 01:22:23 PM »
Don't upset him.

He's currently sulking (official)

Do pass him my best wishes.  happy100
I mostly despair

Offline Nick

« Reply #68 on: November 15, 2007, 01:23:05 PM »
I have. He ran off!

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2007, 01:27:26 PM »
Tou do seem to have that effect on people Nick  point:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2007, 07:00:24 AM »
Growler, I'm full of sympathy for the annoyance we endure at the hands of the premenstrual sex, but how can you blame her for costing you a new tyre when the tyre had a nail in it? That has happened to me twice in the past year, and each time I have handled the situation correctly, but  still had to have the tyre replaced. Modern tyres aren't really made to be repaired, and it is often more cost effective to just get a new one anyway. Besides - would you really feel confident driving on a motorway with a repaired tyre?

It sounds like £90-100 of the money spent was due to your own insistance that you fit a specific, Michelin tyre. £150 sounds inordinately expensive to me - I had a Bridgestone 4x4 tyre replaced on my CRV for just £60. What sort of vehicle are we talking about? A tractor?  ;)

I suspect you're just a bit sick of eachother's shit, which is perfectly understandable after 25 years together.  whistle:
In the UK they always say that the tyre can’t be repaired (generally accompanied by sucking air through teeth and looking at the other three while shaking heads).

Over here they’ll quite happily repair a tyre with a nail in it – I had one done on the Shogun just last week. Take the wheel off, repair puncture, re-balance, new valve, etc. for just £4.  cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2007, 08:41:07 AM »

In the UK they always say that the tyre can’t be repaired (generally accompanied by sucking air through teeth and looking at the other three while shaking heads).

Over here they’ll quite happily repair a tyre with a nail in it – I had one done on the Shogun just last week. Take the wheel off, repair puncture, re-balance, new valve, etc. for just £4.  cloud9:

I also believe that in Cyprus you can also get away with tyres that have the tread painted on and brakes that are OK provided the vehicle will stop before reaching the sea. ::)
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2007, 10:17:12 AM »

I also believe that in Cyprus you can also get away with tyres that have the tread painted on and brakes that are OK provided the vehicle will stop before reaching the sea. ::)
Yes, that too!  cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2007, 10:23:00 AM »

Yes, that too!  cloud9:
Dropped yer bike yet?
I mostly despair

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2007, 10:52:48 AM »

Yes, that too!  cloud9:
Dropped yer bike yet?

Got it over this far yet?