Disgusterous

Author Topic: Hunting again.....  (Read 8200 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Hunting again.....
« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2007, 11:53:03 AM »
Growler, I'm full of sympathy for the annoyance we endure at the hands of the premenstrual sex, but how can you blame her for costing you a new tyre when the tyre had a nail in it? That has happened to me twice in the past year, and each time I have handled the situation correctly, but  still had to have the tyre replaced. Modern tyres aren't really made to be repaired, and it is often more cost effective to just get a new one anyway. Besides - would you really feel confident driving on a motorway with a repaired tyre?

It sounds like £90-100 of the money spent was due to your own insistance that you fit a specific, Michelin tyre. £150 sounds inordinately expensive to me - I had a Bridgestone 4x4 tyre replaced on my CRV for just £60. What sort of vehicle are we talking about? A tractor?  ;)

I suspect you're just a bit sick of eachother's shit, which is perfectly understandable after 25 years together.  whistle:
In the UK they always say that the tyre can’t be repaired (generally accompanied by sucking air through teeth and looking at the other three while shaking heads).

Over here they’ll quite happily repair a tyre with a nail in it – I had one done on the Shogun just last week. Take the wheel off, repair puncture, re-balance, new valve, etc. for just £4.  cloud9:

I also believe that in Cyprus you can also get away with tyres that have the tread painted on and brakes that are OK provided the vehicle will stop before reaching the sea. ::)
Yes, that too!  cloud9:
Dropped yer bike yet?
Nope!  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2007, 11:53:36 AM »
Growler, I'm full of sympathy for the annoyance we endure at the hands of the premenstrual sex, but how can you blame her for costing you a new tyre when the tyre had a nail in it? That has happened to me twice in the past year, and each time I have handled the situation correctly, but  still had to have the tyre replaced. Modern tyres aren't really made to be repaired, and it is often more cost effective to just get a new one anyway. Besides - would you really feel confident driving on a motorway with a repaired tyre?

It sounds like £90-100 of the money spent was due to your own insistance that you fit a specific, Michelin tyre. £150 sounds inordinately expensive to me - I had a Bridgestone 4x4 tyre replaced on my CRV for just £60. What sort of vehicle are we talking about? A tractor?  ;)

I suspect you're just a bit sick of eachother's shit, which is perfectly understandable after 25 years together.  whistle:
In the UK they always say that the tyre can’t be repaired (generally accompanied by sucking air through teeth and looking at the other three while shaking heads).

Over here they’ll quite happily repair a tyre with a nail in it – I had one done on the Shogun just last week. Take the wheel off, repair puncture, re-balance, new valve, etc. for just £4.  cloud9:

I also believe that in Cyprus you can also get away with tyres that have the tread painted on and brakes that are OK provided the vehicle will stop before reaching the sea. ::)
Yes, that too!  cloud9:
Dropped yer bike yet?

Got it over this far yet?

Nope!  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2007, 11:56:57 AM »
Mind you, that picture of me was taken at Snetterton and I dare say the track there is somewhat better than the roads in your area...

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2007, 12:00:40 PM »
Mind you, that picture of me was taken at Snetterton and I dare say the track there is somewhat better than the roads in your area...
Some of the roads here are awesome - especially in the mountains. Miles and miles of smooth twisties with no other traffic around…  cloud9:

Mind you, the roads in the village here closely resemble a ploughed field on field ploughing day – hence the choice of the super motard…  whistle:

I have pictures...  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2007, 12:02:44 PM »
A super motard for a baldy retard. How poetic  point:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2007, 12:04:48 PM »
A super motard for a baldy retard. How poetic  point:
evil:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2007, 12:13:07 PM »

A strange looking picture unless you are a relative of Mrs McCartney?
I mostly despair

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2007, 12:19:36 PM »
Is this a reference to seemingly having only one leg, or getting your leg over?

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2007, 12:45:58 PM »
Is this a reference to seemingly having only one leg, or getting your leg over?

The former, but if the helmet fits. . .
I mostly despair