Author Topic: Bowl of blancmange  (Read 1794 times)

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Bowl of blancmange
« on: November 07, 2007, 11:55:18 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/07/other_sport_enl_1194433919/html/1.stm

Work on the new £496m stadium - to be built in Stratford, east London - will start in 2008 and finish at least six months before the opening ceremony 

I think not!
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
Re: Bowl of blancmange
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 12:10:46 PM »
It looks like the rest of Stratford has suffered a power cut when they switched the stadium lights on.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 12:23:47 PM »

rubschin:

I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 12:42:41 PM »
a) It won't be finished on time.  noooo:
b) It doesn’t appear to have a roof – I would have thought you would have got a roof thrown in for £500M (inc. VAT of course)  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Berek

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 02:20:19 PM »
I think it looks ok, BUT , why are they going to reduce the capacity when it could be used as a football ground for a London club ? ie West Ham ???

Or Barrow could do a Wimbledon and move there and be called the London Bluebirds.. whistle:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 02:22:26 PM »
b) It doesn’t appear to have a roof – I would have thought you would have got a roof thrown in for £500M (inc. VAT of course)  whistle:

Foolish Barman. By 2012, rain will be a thing of the past in England. We will have almost desert like conditions and we will all be sitting outside, telling the young Duanes and Chardonnays of the days where the sky was perma-grey and these clear droplets fell from them, causing houses the roads to turn to rivers and swathes of housing estates full of BMW 3 series and 52" plasma TVs to end up deposited in the North Sea. And insurance premiums to go up, obviously. Very occasionally - in what we used to call "winter", these would turn into dandruffy type stuff and would cause the entire country to grind to a halt.

They will gaze at us wide-mouthed, whilst they take another hit from their crack-pipes and masturbate furiously over their PlayStation 8's, with the new-fangled scratch and sniff technology - thus fulfilling their homework for the night.

Berek

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 02:23:34 PM »

Foolish Barman. By 2012, rain will be a thing of the past in England. We will have almost desert like conditions and we will all be sitting outside, telling the young Duanes and Chardonnays of the days where the sky was perma-grey and these clear droplets fell from them, causing houses the roads to turn to rivers and swathes of housing estates full of BMW 3 series and 52" plasma TVs to end up deposited in the North Sea. And insurance premiums to go up, obviously. Very occasionally - in what we used to call "winter", these would turn into dandruffy type stuff and would cause the entire country to grind to a halt.

They will gaze at us wide-mouthed, whilst they take another hit from their crack-pipes and masturbate furiously over their PlayStation 8's, with the new-fangled scratch and sniff technology - thus fulfilling their homework for the night.

drumroll:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 03:06:42 PM »

lol: lol: lol:
And the bastard thing still won't be finished!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 04:13:04 PM by Barman »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 03:40:35 PM »

Sheer poetry.

Have the clap. ;D
I mostly despair

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 05:37:54 PM »
That was an abridged version, but thank you DS. After a few more Young's, I shall return to the javelin impaler and give you all the full version.

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 09:18:21 PM »
Are we all settled now? Is Growler in bed with his Horlicks? Has Nick just taken out the entire North West? Has DS found his "Special" Goose? Has Yoda cleared his over-burdened network with the Kraut girl? (and has Wenchy stopped being "silly").

Either way, I shall continue.

Born some years ago in Balham, I grew up lucky really. Parents moved out of there to Mitcham when I was 1 and then to Sutton when I was 7, to give me (and bruv) a chance to get to one of the remaining Grammar schools. Elder brother got in, thus the pressure was on me to do the same. I did. Somehow. And it wasn't my looks. Although Yoda may argue that point...

Fast forward a decade or two and the parents who died far too early have left me (and bruv) in an odd situation. Inheriting a house, dividing it, splitting up all the family chattels etc. wasn't pleasant but neither did it leave us begging on the streets and we were both in full time work - so we realised the value of a paid job, to pay the bills that came with a mortgaged house for him and a mortgaged flat for me. The next decade is a mush of work, new relationships, Young's and just being a tax-paying PROPER member of what we now call our society.

Fast forward fifteen years.

Speed cameras. Mass cannabis use - accepted as being "everyone does it", petrol at £4.54 (ish) per gallon, charging to take your bins, no corporal punishment at school, happy-slapping, mass immigration, ASBOs, "Community Police", schools teaching "diversity" to children who were either born in the area, or who have been housed in the area and are just pleased to be out of a war-torn shit-pit. Don't worry, us proper tax payers will pay your way.

Gordon Brown, lies, spin, an increasing debt burden to those that choose to work, policeman not shooting enough illegal immigrants, Ken Livingstone, target driven education (we went to Ms TMR jr's "open evening" last week and all the teacher was concerned about was making the 95% attendance goal - she didn't have a clue how good she was at each subject...), the fact that "Acid Rain" is now called "Climate change" after its stint as "Global Warming", free prescriptions for the Welsh, the Scotch taking more than they give into the economy, the waste of time that is/was Princess Di and all her inquiries, the Beatles, speed humps that ruin my paramedic friend's back and response times, smoking outside the pub whilst screaming brats are allowed in, kids not falling out of trees or half blinding each other through playing conkers, the lack of white dog poo, text msgng replacing a glorious language, Michael O'Leary, the BBC daily Labour broadcasts, the fact that Enoch Powell's "River's of blood" speech has been so widely mis-reported, Cheam, Croydon and Banstead where the pederasts and failed gangsters live. And don't forget Ben Elton. Bastards, all of them.

And you try and tell the dribbling drug addled kids this in 2012 - they will simply think you're a bit grumpy, assuming they can converse with you in a known language of this country and aren't texting Mr Brown to get their next benefit payment...

Mrs TMR is staring at me, perhaps I've said too much...

Online Nick

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 09:23:26 PM »
Quite so. But what is this thread about?
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 09:45:10 PM »
Daft French puddings?

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 05:38:07 AM »
Are we all settled now? Is Growler in bed with his Horlicks? Has Nick just taken out the entire North West? Has DS found his "Special" Goose? Has Yoda cleared his over-burdened network with the Kraut girl? (and has Wenchy stopped being "silly").

Either way, I shall continue.

Born some years ago in Balham, I grew up lucky really. Parents moved out of there to Mitcham when I was 1 and then to Sutton when I was 7, to give me (and bruv) a chance to get to one of the remaining Grammar schools. Elder brother got in, thus the pressure was on me to do the same. I did. Somehow. And it wasn't my looks. Although Yoda may argue that point...

Fast forward a decade or two and the parents who died far too early have left me (and bruv) in an odd situation. Inheriting a house, dividing it, splitting up all the family chattels etc. wasn't pleasant but neither did it leave us begging on the streets and we were both in full time work - so we realised the value of a paid job, to pay the bills that came with a mortgaged house for him and a mortgaged flat for me. The next decade is a mush of work, new relationships, Young's and just being a tax-paying PROPER member of what we now call our society.

Fast forward fifteen years.

Speed cameras. Mass cannabis use - accepted as being "everyone does it", petrol at £4.54 (ish) per gallon, charging to take your bins, no corporal punishment at school, happy-slapping, mass immigration, ASBOs, "Community Police", schools teaching "diversity" to children who were either born in the area, or who have been housed in the area and are just pleased to be out of a war-torn shit-pit. Don't worry, us proper tax payers will pay your way.

Gordon Brown, lies, spin, an increasing debt burden to those that choose to work, policeman not shooting enough illegal immigrants, Ken Livingstone, target driven education (we went to Ms TMR jr's "open evening" last week and all the teacher was concerned about was making the 95% attendance goal - she didn't have a clue how good she was at each subject...), the fact that "Acid Rain" is now called "Climate change" after its stint as "Global Warming", free prescriptions for the Welsh, the Scotch taking more than they give into the economy, the waste of time that is/was Princess Di and all her inquiries, the Beatles, speed humps that ruin my paramedic friend's back and response times, smoking outside the pub whilst screaming brats are allowed in, kids not falling out of trees or half blinding each other through playing conkers, the lack of white dog poo, text msgng replacing a glorious language, Michael O'Leary, the BBC daily Labour broadcasts, the fact that Enoch Powell's "River's of blood" speech has been so widely mis-reported, Cheam, Croydon and Banstead where the pederasts and failed gangsters live. And don't forget Ben Elton. Bastards, all of them.

And you try and tell the dribbling drug addled kids this in 2012 - they will simply think you're a bit grumpy, assuming they can converse with you in a known language of this country and aren't texting Mr Brown to get their next benefit payment...

Mrs TMR is staring at me, perhaps I've said too much...

happ096
TMR 4 PM
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2007, 11:01:46 AM »
Yoda hopefully will have no more to do with the Rhine maiden. (Please god).
And one pint of Youngs was not enough last night, bloody traffic!

RTFM