Disgusterous

Author Topic: Nick’s Gas Boiler  (Read 5506 times)

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
Re: Nick’s Gas Boiler
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2007, 04:21:24 PM »
This is Greece we are talking. They probably have boilers from the Ark.

Indeed, all dressed in black, same width as height and a 7 O'clock shadow.  rubschin:
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2007, 04:49:14 PM »
This is Greece we are talking. They probably have boilers from the Ark.

Indeed, all dressed in black, same width as height and a 7 O'clock shadow.  rubschin:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2007, 04:59:33 PM »
The boiler is fixed and working perfick!  cloud9:

The bill was CY£540!  Banghead
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2007, 05:01:47 PM »
My new boiler and new oil storage tank + installation + removal of old ones cost GB£5.5k  That Hurt! eeek:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2007, 05:02:32 PM »
My new boiler and new oil storage tank + installation + removal of old ones cost GB£5.5k  That Hurt! eeek:
You should have got a gas one!  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2007, 05:11:12 PM »

It was considered but I could not persuade 999 other residents in the village to put up £10K each to get gas laid on to the village and the new regulations concerning the storage of Propane (LPG) ruled that option out as well.  ::)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2007, 05:28:54 PM »

It was considered but I could not persuade 999 other residents in the village to put up £10K each to get gas laid on to the village and the new regulations concerning the storage of Propane (LPG) ruled that option out as well.  ::)
They have regulations there?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2007, 05:37:44 PM »

Yup!
LPG Storage tanks (new installations) have to be buried, in concrete xx metres from property and from boundary.
LPG is more expensive than Oil to run and if you do not comply with regs the sup[pliers will not supply.
Mains gas has been costed out as they want GB£100K to lay the mains into the village and a commitment from 50% of homes regarding take up of supply within 5 years. Since all have either LPG, Oil of Solid fuel boilers and elcetric cooking etc no-one in their right mind would sign up.
LPG regs are new and as per the EC. Of course it applies to all EC countries and will eventually apply to older installations as well but only in Brown's Britain will they be enforced with all the rigour the state can muster.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2007, 05:39:45 PM »

Yup!
LPG Storage tanks (new installations) have to be buried, in concrete xx metres from property and from boundary.
LPG is more expensive than Oil to run and if you do not comply with regs the sup[pliers will not supply.
Mains gas has been costed out as they want GB£100K to lay the mains into the village and a commitment from 50% of homes regarding take up of supply within 5 years. Since all have either LPG, Oil of Solid fuel boilers and elcetric cooking etc no-one in their right mind would sign up.
LPG regs are new and as per the EC. Of course it applies to all EC countries and will eventually apply to older installations as well but only in Brown's Britain will they be enforced with all the rigour the state can muster.
All EC countries?  scared2:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2007, 06:04:56 PM »
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2007, 06:05:35 PM »
Eventually yes but in the UK, as bloody usual, the Building Regs people at the local councils have got in before the regs come fully into force and are insisting on their being applied now.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2007, 06:10:36 PM »
Even at your holiday caravan  ::)

Description
Fire Resistant

All bottled gas storage units are produced from fire resistant PVC-coated galvanised steel which conforms to both Class 0 (in accordance with BS 476: Part 6 and 7) and Class 1 fire ratings. This material is also maintenance free and guaranteed against corrosion for 25 years.
Ventilation

Our gas storage units have been specifically designed to provide the correct level of ventilation. Our products feature vents at both high and low levels which is critical when storing LPG cylinders.
Safety Labels

Approved safety labels are supplied with each product.
Location information and conformity declaration

All products are supplied with detailed technical information such as location advice and a written declaration that they conform to all current British Standards/Codes of Practice. This can be shown to Fire Officers or Gas Appliance installers to confirm the LPG gas bottle storage is suitable.
Compliance Information

* BS 5428 Part 1 2005 (Code of Practice for Domestic Butane and Propane gas burning installations)
    * BS476-22:1987 (Fire Resistance of materials used in product construction)
    * LP Gas Association Code of Practice 24 - Part 1: 1998 - Use of Propane in Cylinders at Residential Premises.
    * LP Gas Association Code of Practice 24 - Part 2: 1998 - Use of Butane in Cylinders at Residential Premises
    * LP Gas Association Code of Practice 7: 2004 - Storage of Full and Empty LPG Cylinders.
    * Class 0 and Class 1 (Fire Rating materials used in product construction)

IMPORTANT: Our gas cylinder stores are not to be used within a building - they are intended for exterior use only

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2007, 07:02:48 PM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
I mostly despair

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2007, 09:47:29 AM »
Even at your holiday caravan  ::)

Description
Fire Resistant

All bottled gas storage units are produced from fire resistant PVC-coated galvanised steel which conforms to both Class 0 (in accordance with BS 476: Part 6 and 7) and Class 1 fire ratings. This material is also maintenance free and guaranteed against corrosion for 25 years.
Ventilation

Our gas storage units have been specifically designed to provide the correct level of ventilation. Our products feature vents at both high and low levels which is critical when storing LPG cylinders.
Safety Labels

Approved safety labels are supplied with each product.
Location information and conformity declaration

All products are supplied with detailed technical information such as location advice and a written declaration that they conform to all current British Standards/Codes of Practice. This can be shown to Fire Officers or Gas Appliance installers to confirm the LPG gas bottle storage is suitable.
Compliance Information

* BS 5428 Part 1 2005 (Code of Practice for Domestic Butane and Propane gas burning installations)
    * BS476-22:1987 (Fire Resistance of materials used in product construction)
    * LP Gas Association Code of Practice 24 - Part 1: 1998 - Use of Propane in Cylinders at Residential Premises.
    * LP Gas Association Code of Practice 24 - Part 2: 1998 - Use of Butane in Cylinders at Residential Premises
    * LP Gas Association Code of Practice 7: 2004 - Storage of Full and Empty LPG Cylinders.
    * Class 0 and Class 1 (Fire Rating materials used in product construction)

IMPORTANT: Our gas cylinder stores are not to be used within a building - they are intended for exterior use only

. . . and exactly how many people have been killed in LPG gas bottle explosive events in the last 50 years? How many have died due to inhalation of leaked gas in the last 50 years? And yet thousands are dying needlessly in our hospitals through infections acquired whilst in them!

It beggars belief that they are going to these extreme lengths to solve a miniscule problem!
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!