Disgusterous

Author Topic: PM to unveil anti-terror measures  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
PM to unveil anti-terror measures
« on: November 14, 2007, 06:43:55 AM »
Quote from: BBC Web Shite
Plans to protect public places, railway stations and other key buildings from terrorist attacks are due to be launched by the prime minister.

The security minister, Lord West, was asked to draw up the proposals after the summer's attempted bombings in London and at Glasgow Airport.

Lord West had been asked to look at ways of strengthening security on the transport network, in public areas such as sports stadiums and shopping centres and at utility sites.

He has called for architects to include anti-terror features in new buildings and projects, it is believed.

BBC home affairs correspondent Danny Shaw said that that the minister has recommended that access roads leading to stations and crowded areas should be constructed so that drivers cannot build up speed.

Lord West is also understood to have said that windows need to be more carefully positioned - to minimise the risk of injury from glass shattered by an explosion.

Source

Fark me, Lord West must have had a hell of a time coming up with such innovative and comprehensive solutions so quickly!  rubschin:

Or do you think perhaps he just dusted off the ‘Precautions against IRA attacks’ manual and presented that?  whistle:

After all, they’ve had those anti-bomb curtains up in government offices for as long as I can remember (I think I originally saw them on Tomorrow’s World’) and concrete barriers around parliament too.

What is it with this bunch of worthless, tired politicians and media that allows them to get away with this shite?  Banghead
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: PM to unveil anti-terror measures
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 08:41:14 AM »
Quote from: BBC Web Shite
Plans to protect public places, railway stations and other key buildings from terrorist attacks are due to be launched by the prime minister.

The security minister, Lord West, was asked to draw up the proposals after the summer's attempted bombings in London and at Glasgow Airport.

Lord West had been asked to look at ways of strengthening security on the transport network, in public areas such as sports stadiums and shopping centres and at utility sites.

He has called for architects to include anti-terror features in new buildings and projects, it is believed.

BBC home affairs correspondent Danny Shaw said that that the minister has recommended that access roads leading to stations and crowded areas should be constructed so that drivers cannot build up speed.

Lord West is also understood to have said that windows need to be more carefully positioned - to minimise the risk of injury from glass shattered by an explosion.

Source

Fark me, Lord West must have had a hell of a time coming up with such innovative and comprehensive solutions so quickly!  rubschin:

Or do you think perhaps he just dusted off the ‘Precautions against IRA attacks’ manual and presented that?  whistle:

After all, they’ve had those anti-bomb curtains up in government offices for as long as I can remember (I think I originally saw them on Tomorrow’s World’) and concrete barriers around parliament too.

What is it with this bunch of worthless, tired politicians and media that allows them to get away with this shite?  Banghead

The electorate!  ::)
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

grumpyoldsoldier

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 09:11:46 AM »
Readers of the Sun?

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 09:14:47 AM »
doh:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 11:24:54 AM »
I heard that. What a pile of toss!
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 11:39:26 AM »
It is hardly full of unexpected revelations.  noooo:

Still I don't suppose it will effect "The pound in our pockets" and will ensure "Peace in our time".

They will be able to use "the white heat of technology" to develop thick curtains to catch broken glass.

I feel safe anyway. scared2:
I mostly despair

Offline Nick

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 11:40:25 AM »
They should make airliners out of the same stuff that they make black box flight recorders out of.
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 12:35:23 PM »
It is hardly full of unexpected revelations.  noooo:

Still I don't suppose it will effect "The pound in our pockets" and will ensure "Peace in our time".

They will be able to use "the white heat of technology" to develop thick curtains to catch broken glass.

I feel safe anyway. scared2:
;D
Applaud...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 12:35:59 PM »
They should make airliners out of the same stuff that they make black box flight recorders out of.
::)
smite
Pro Skub  Thumbs: