Author Topic: Air Freshners  (Read 6468 times)

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
Re: Air Freshners
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2007, 12:46:24 PM »
Wenchy - re Lush - are you a Pier person as well?

The Lush shops are far too overpowering - you do need subtelty in your fragrances rather than the fly killer approach.

But surely the Pier / Cargo shops cannot offend your sensitivities  eeek:

I agree, I think they (the men) put it on in order to get out of the shop ASAP.  evil:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2007, 12:52:26 PM »
When Mrs S and I ran a pub we set up an "Aftershave Co-ordinating Committee" with the regulars in the public bar. Honestly the stench in there on a Friday Night was appalling and on Boxing Day even worse.
That and the awful New Jumpers they were all wearing was too much to take on an empty stomach. Several Gins and a dash of tonic were needed to even get me in there over the "Festive" season.

One guy in particular used something that we dubbed "Eau De Vapona" and I swear the b@st@rd bathed in it every Friday night before coming out to get steamed. ..... He was the one that turned up one Boxing Day wearing a musical tie and a jumper with reindeer on. The collective laughter drove him out before he even reached the bar.

I mean ~ what sort of family can do that to their breadwinner?
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2007, 12:56:39 PM »
Don't. Some pratt bought me some musical socks one Christmas. In a nurry to get to a meeting one day I put them on by mistake.

Every time I moved my feet everyone in the meeting had to listen to 30 seconds of Jingle Bells. noooo:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2007, 01:02:57 PM »

The Lush shops are far too overpowering - you do need subtelty in your fragrances rather than the fly killer approach.

I agree, I think they (the men) put it on in order to get out of the shop ASAP.  evil:

I try not to go in, but once inside and the sneezing starts, it's straight out of the door.

Talking of sneezing is anyone else afflicted by reactions to certain smells tastes etc. For me, bright lights and sweet things can sometimes trigger really horrible and violent bouts of sneezing.

RTFM

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2007, 02:38:20 PM »

I agree, I think they (the men) put it on in order to get out of the shop ASAP.  evil:

I try not to go in, but once inside and the sneezing starts, it's straight out of the door.

Talking of sneezing is anyone else afflicted by reactions to certain smells tastes etc. For me, bright lights and sweet things can sometimes trigger really horrible and violent bouts of sneezing.

Sunlight does it to me.

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2007, 02:40:19 PM »
For my Mum it seems to be overeating.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2007, 02:41:12 PM »

eeek: eeek: eeek:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2007, 02:46:11 PM »

eeek: eeek: eeek:

That makes her sneeze.  ::) If she has a large dinner she has a snezzing fit afterwards.

Offline Nick

« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2007, 02:47:22 PM »
Snezzing?

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2007, 02:50:46 PM »
That was a typo! You know I meant ssnezzing

Offline Nick

« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2007, 02:52:02 PM »
Does she wriggle on the floor?

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2007, 02:52:53 PM »

I agree, I think they (the men) put it on in order to get out of the shop ASAP.  evil:

Sunlight does it to me.

Ever had glandular fever?
I was told recently that it can leave photo-sensitive.
Even shop spolights and car headlights can set me off.

RTFM

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2007, 02:53:40 PM »
Does she wriggle on the floor?

Only if you don't feed her.

RTFM

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2007, 03:05:47 PM »
Mrs Snoopy is a sneezer from a family of sneezers ~ she always sneezes in sets of three. Her mother manages four in a row every time and her sister has a permanent sniffle (which drives me up the wall  evil:)

Actually I don't mind the scented candles and I do use a lot of Incense sticks.

Mrs Snoopy makes soap and the unguents that she uses to "flavour" that can be a bit much at times (hence my earlier comment about putting Bonios on the table)

No ~ I haven't had glandular fever but sunshine has always made me sneeze. Photochromatic(sp?) lenses in the specs stop that from being a problem.

On the subject of car headlights ~ My Godmother wrote to me last year to tell me (she is 83) that she has had her cataracts sorted and could drive again ~ however she found that driving at night caused her problems with all the headlights reflecting off her mirrors, specs etc. ~ Her solution to this problem was to pull a woolly bedsock over each of her door mirrors when she went out at night  eeek: So if you are ever in the Edenbridge area and see an elderly lady with pink bedsocks festooned on her external mirrors ~ say hello from me.
She used to be a School Teacher and then a Head of a Village School. When I was a boy she used to send my "Thank you" letters back corrected!!!! Bless her heart, I love the old dear.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2007, 03:13:40 PM »
My Godmother wrote to me last year to tell me (she is 83) that she has had her cataracts sorted and could drive again ~ however she found that driving at night caused her problems with all the headlights reflecting off her mirrors, specs etc. ~ Her solution to this problem was to pull a woolly bedsock over each of her door mirrors when she went out at night 

I must remember that excuse the next time I get stopped driving at night with a pair of tights over my head.  rubschin:
I mostly despair