Disgusterous

Author Topic: Waste of time!  (Read 5649 times)

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
Waste of time!
« on: November 22, 2007, 10:47:45 AM »
Spent over an hour the other night helping Mr Wench film a science experiment for school. In the end he couldn't use it because everytime he started the kids became over excited about the fact that it was his house.  ::)  Banghead

Why can't kids just pay attention.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
Re: Waste of time!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 10:51:09 AM »
Spent over an hour the other night helping Mr Wench film a science experiment for school. In the end he couldn't use it because everytime he started the kids became over excited about the fact that it was his house.  ::)  Banghead

I expect it was really because they could see you, or bits of you, in the picture as well.

"Now my assistant will place this box of tat on the inclined table top and . . . "
I mostly despair

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 10:55:38 AM »
Because suddenly Mr Wench becomes a real person and not just a teacher.

Don't you remember at school when you used to find out the teachers first name is was such a big deal and source of ridicule and disappointment. I may be talking a few years back when it was all a bit more formalised.

One of my teachers (Mrs Evans) was known for years as Pig on stilts (or POS to the informed). She was about 4ft tall, 4ft wide and permanantly tottered around on stilletoes.

It was only in my last year at school and on a geography field trip that we found out her name was Gwenovive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eeek:

We were in disbelief and shock for days - it almost made her human apart from having a god awful unsuitable name  lol:
Skubber

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 10:59:45 AM »
Well because teachers live in cupboards don't they? :) The look of horror on the kids faces when they see us out together is such a picture!

And I am NOT in the video, I am the camera Wench, strictly a behind the scenes kind of a girl.

In addition to that school have blocked youtube  Banghead
So had a paniced phone call from Mr Wench asking if there was a way round it. Bloody good job I'd thought ahead and brought it into work with me on a memory stick.  ::)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 11:03:12 AM »

Don't you remember at school when you used to find out the teachers first name is was such a big deal and source of ridicule and disappointment. I may be talking a few years back when it was all a bit more formalised.

One of my teachers (Mrs Evans) was known for years as Pig on stilts (or POS to the informed). She was about 4ft tall, 4ft wide and permanantly tottered around on stilletoes.

It was only in my last year at school and on a geography field trip that we found out her name was Gwenovive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eeek:

We were in disbelief and shock for days - it almost made her human apart from having a god awful unsuitable name  lol:

Exactly right.

The mystique of being a "distant" figure is the only actual authority the teacher has. Mr Wench has made a huge, if understandable, error of judgment there. The teacher must never let the little sods in ~cos he/she will have no authority from then on. This argument is currently raging on Mrs Snoopy's PGCE course.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 11:11:12 AM »
Just had an email from him to say the other group have thoroughly enjoyed it and paid complete attention.  cloud9:

Just the thick group that bounced off the walls then and really they do it anyway.  ::)

Berek

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 11:21:45 AM »

Watch him with that Rosie Webster, she's a vixen I TELL YA !! A VIXEN !!!!

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 11:25:43 AM »
 lol: lol: lol:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2007, 11:27:07 AM »
Fortunatly Mr Wench's class are quite a bit younger than that!  eeek:

Although he does have a bit of a year six fan club.  ::)

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2007, 12:03:59 PM »

We were in disbelief and shock for days - it almost made her human apart from having a god awful unsuitable name  lol:

Evans you say? Sounds a tad Welsh.

Probably a notch on Snoopy's lead.
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2007, 01:07:56 PM »
Shouldn't think so DS ~ I only moved here six and a half years ago. Mind I was stationed at Hereford for a couple of years.  rubschin:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2007, 02:57:12 PM »
When I was at Sutton Manor thirty(ish) years ago, a new Geography teacher started. Female. Most odd. Within three days, she let it slip that her first name was "Wendy". Boy did she suffer...

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2007, 03:12:04 PM »
 whistle: "Wendy Red Red Robin" etc  ::)

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2007, 04:18:36 PM »
Oh the cruelty...  whistle:

Even an unfortunate initial would be pounced upon if I recall; as in the case of Mr Hart... Mr P.Hart  spider:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2007, 04:38:21 PM »
We later found out that her maiden name was "Ingle". Which made her Wingle! My nephew started there in September and proudly said "Wingle, you know my dad and uncle - you them Geography!!!) He received ten days detention and his parents received a stern letter.

I pissed myself laughing. And the rumours that me bruv shagged her on the Geography field trip to Bodmin are not founded.