Disgusterous

Author Topic: Is the Pub closed ??  (Read 13563 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Is the Pub closed ??
« Reply #165 on: December 05, 2007, 09:18:39 AM »
No shortbread!!!!  cloud9:

I'll have a hob-nob please. Meanwhile...

STRASBOURG, France (Reuters) - The European Court of Human Rights on Tuesday condemned Britain for not allowing a woman artificial insemination from her husband who is in prison, saying their right to respect for family life had been violated.

Kirk Dickson, who was convicted of murder and sentenced to life imprisonment in 1994, met his wife Lorraine via a prison pen pal network while she was also imprisoned, the court said. She has since been released, and they were married in 2001.

The couple requested artificial insemination facilities to enable them to have a child together, arguing it would not otherwise be possible, given Dickson's earliest release date in 2009 and the age of his wife, who was born in 1958.

British authorities rejected their demand, arguing such requests by prisoners could only be granted in "exceptional circumstances".

"The Grand Chamber was prepared to accept as legitimate, that the authorities, when developing and applying the policy in question, should concern themselves, as a matter of principle, with the welfare of any child: conception of a child was the very object of the exercise," the court said.

It also said the state had obligations to ensure the effective protection of children, but added:

"That could not go so far as to prevent parents from attempting to conceive a child in circumstances like those in the applicants' case, especially as Ms Dickson was at liberty and could have taken care of any child conceived until her husband was released."

Britain's decision had violated the European Convention of Human Rights' article on the right to respect for private and family life, the court said, awarding the applicants 5,000 euros in damages and 21,000 euros for expenses.

The world has gone mad.
noooo:
Truly mad...  noooo:

There was some lesser on the telly the other night that had a sperm implant and was now claiming support from the 'father' of her child...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #166 on: December 05, 2007, 09:41:44 AM »
Cats like keyboards though.

Several people have popped in and out this morning without saying anything.  eeek:
Do you think that they think our conversation is somewhat dull this morning?  rubschin:
Why aren't they speaking to us?  eeek:
Our intellectual level is too high I ‘spec…  whistle:
I had the choice of joining you for a stimulating chat or clearing a ditch that was causing the lane to flood this morning.

It would seem I made the right choice.  whistle:
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #167 on: December 05, 2007, 09:49:44 AM »
Cats like keyboards though.

Several people have popped in and out this morning without saying anything.  eeek:
Do you think that they think our conversation is somewhat dull this morning?  rubschin:
Why aren't they speaking to us?  eeek:
Our intellectual level is too high I ‘spec…  whistle:
I had the choice of joining you for a stimulating chat or clearing a ditch that was causing the lane to flood this morning.

It would seem I made the right choice.  whistle:
Yes... you joined us...  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #168 on: December 05, 2007, 10:04:53 AM »
Utter drivel .... and where is my breakfast?  evil:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #169 on: December 05, 2007, 10:05:57 AM »
Utter drivel .... and where is my breakfast?  evil:
If you were looking forward to choc-chip cookies I fear I have just eaten it...  redface:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Tinkerbell

« Reply #170 on: December 06, 2007, 04:53:24 PM »
And what about the fairy ~ or have you put her on the top of your tree?

If you are referring to me I certainly am not on the top of their tree....far too high...and that spike looks worrying!!!! I got hooked on a word game.... convinced myself it was good for my ageing brain!!!  Now trying to plough through weeks of posts....for a small clientel you don't 'arf post a lot!!!   eyes:

Ask LL what she won the bottle of plonk for.....(if I've missed that thread  I'm sorry!)  redface:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #171 on: December 06, 2007, 06:30:02 PM »
And what about the fairy ~ or have you put her on the top of your tree?

If you are referring to me I certainly am not on the top of their tree....far too high...and that spike looks worrying!!!! I got hooked on a word game.... convinced myself it was good for my ageing brain!!!  Now trying to plough through weeks of posts....for a small clientel you don't 'arf post a lot!!!   eyes:

Ask LL what she won the bottle of plonk for.....(if I've missed that thread  I'm sorry!)  redface:

Phew that's a relief ~ I hate to think what those needles would do to your tights!

How is the brain? I find these mind strengthening games mind numbing personally but they can be addictive.

Yes we have posted a lot ~ mainly about nothing much but that's conversation isn't it.

Anyway nice to see you back in one piece  ;)

Offline Nick

« Reply #172 on: December 06, 2007, 06:30:56 PM »
A one piece what?
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #173 on: December 06, 2007, 06:32:26 PM »
Fairy outfit of course.  ::)

Offline Nick

« Reply #174 on: December 06, 2007, 06:32:52 PM »
Of course, of course. rubschin:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile