Author Topic: What a load of shite this is  (Read 6396 times)

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
Re: What a load of shite this is
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2007, 01:35:45 PM »
It's shapeless and baggy. Never mind sexy the whole thing is unattractive and unflattering.

I am accustomed to females who are shapeless and baggy, without clothes.  redface:
I mostly despair

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2007, 01:36:54 PM »
It's shapeless and baggy. Never mind sexy the whole thing is unattractive and unflattering.

I am accustomed to females who are shapeless and baggy, without clothes.  redface:

Yes but these are teenagers! They all look repulsive in it. Nothing good about that uniform at all.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2007, 01:39:24 PM »

Yes but these are teenagers! They all look repulsive in it. Nothing good about that uniform at all.

Level playing field for the ugly ducklings?
I mostly despair

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2007, 01:40:45 PM »

Questions -

Would you have gone to school in such a unform? (How do parents manage it?)

Would you be happy for your child to go to school wearing that uniform?

RTFM

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2007, 01:44:00 PM »
Although obviously one doesn't make one's educational choices based upon the uniform I have to say I think it's vile. It doesn't even look smart which I thought was the point of a uniform.

Having just looked at the website it is all clear now. It's a catholic school. They have clearly gone out of their way to make it as unattractive as possible, so my kids wouldn't go there anyway because I don't agree with organised religion.

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2007, 01:54:22 PM »
When are your kids due?
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2007, 01:55:36 PM »
Although obviously one doesn't make one's educational choices based upon the uniform I have to say I think it's vile. It doesn't even look smart which I thought was the point of a uniform.

Having just looked at the website it is all clear now. It's a catholic school. They have clearly gone out of their way to make it as unattractive as possible, so my kids wouldn't go there anyway because I don't agree with organised religion.

I'm not actually religous but it it is a good school.

Anyway I'm going to take some of my passionate leave now. I will see if any St Phil photos are available, tomorrow night.

RTFM

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2007, 02:02:35 PM »
There is a local school to us ~ also Catholic/Private/Grant Aided and all the other stuff, that has a similar uniform. It has something to do with TRADITION ~ in other words it hasn't actually seen any need to change for the past fifty years. In the 1950s when I was at school all girls looked like that and all boys wore grey flannel shorts until they were 14.

Yes some parents make the choice on religious grounds, some for the "Values" that the "Tradition" indicates to them and some just to be different but the kids seem to survive despite all.

Oh and School uniforms serve two purposes. They create a "corporate identity" with which the children can and do bond and they prevent any "My clothes are more fashionable than yours" bullying.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 02:04:07 PM by Snoopy »
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2007, 02:53:37 PM »
St Phil's was known as the "Ho's down the hill" or "St Syph's" when I was at Sutton Manor. Dirty girls, indoctrinated into not using contraception. Enter at your risk  sick2: And as for their exam results...

Still, at lease my school had a "lovely" maroon blazer... rubschin:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Nick

« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2007, 05:02:14 PM »
Dirty girls, indoctrinated into not using contraception. Enter at your risk 

eeek:

Anise

« Reply #70 on: December 09, 2007, 04:30:15 PM »
I don't think i've explained myself very clearly. I'm sort of 'hedgeing' around my worries. Not easy to explain myself on here without the possibility of causing some grief, hence the 'cloak and dagger' stuff.
 Nick knows my concern as i've spoken to him on a one to one basis, and it is genuine, i can assure you.

I've nowt gainst banter in here, or anywhere tbh. Helps brighten our dull days up, and i don't want you thinking that i'm just simply after some serious conversation.

Ahh, bollocks, i've still not explained myself properly. Impossible to explain myself properly in here.Lets just leave it ey.
PM me if you want the reasons. ::)

Exactly why this forum is so cliquey IMO.

All this paranoia and private messaging, no wonder nobody posts here who didn't know anyone for years on GOM first  ::)

Offline Nick

« Reply #71 on: December 09, 2007, 04:31:36 PM »
Welcome back!

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #72 on: December 09, 2007, 04:40:14 PM »
I don't think i've explained myself very clearly. I'm sort of 'hedgeing' around my worries. Not easy to explain myself on here without the possibility of causing some grief, hence the 'cloak and dagger' stuff.
 Nick knows my concern as i've spoken to him on a one to one basis, and it is genuine, i can assure you.

I've nowt gainst banter in here, or anywhere tbh. Helps brighten our dull days up, and i don't want you thinking that i'm just simply after some serious conversation.

Ahh, bollocks, i've still not explained myself properly. Impossible to explain myself properly in here.Lets just leave it ey.
PM me if you want the reasons. ::)

Exactly why this forum is so cliquey IMO.

All this paranoia and private messaging, no wonder nobody posts here who didn't know anyone for years on GOM first  ::)
Hmmmnnn...  rubschin:

Apart from those that didn't of course...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

grumpyoldsoldier

« Reply #73 on: December 09, 2007, 06:18:58 PM »
So true, I was a very infrequent poster on GOM because I found it quite overpowering, I wandered into here by accident, I thought it was a house of disrepute and decided to stay, cloud9:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #74 on: December 09, 2007, 06:26:55 PM »
Rest assured GOS ~ You are on our asset register.  ;)
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.