Disgusterous

Author Topic: Way to go Jezza  (Read 723 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Way to go Jezza
« on: December 06, 2007, 04:12:27 PM »
I think his reaction was perfectly justified, its his daughters birthday and this bunch of feral chav kids wouldnt stop harrassing them after being told by security to bugger off. Well done Jezza  happ096

Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson has been interviewed by police after he was accused of being abusive towards a teenager who was harassing him.
Mr Clarkson explained in his Sunday Times column how he was pestered by youths outside Xscape sports centre in Milton Keynes, on 23 November.

The gang then followed him as he walked off so he lifted one youth by his top.

Mr Clarkson was questioned at his Oxfordshire home. Police said if there had been an offence he was the victim.

Mr Clarkson, who lives in Chipping Norton, had been visiting Xscape with his youngest daughter who was celebrating her birthday.

Girl's complaint

The gang followed him after he asked them to leave him alone.

In his column, he said he grabbed the ringleader by his hoodie and lifted him off the ground.

He admitted he was worried about being prosecuted for assault and he put the boy down again.

A 14-year-old girl later contacted Thames Valley Police to inform them a man had been abusive to her friend.

Police spoke to witnesses at the centre who said the girl had been part of a group warned away by security staff earlier that day.

Mr Clarkson said neither wished to make a complaint nor provide a statement.

A Thames Valley Police spokesman said: "Mobile phone images were viewed, as well as CCTV footage, and it became apparent that, if any offence had occurred, it was the man who was the victim.

"There is no evidence that a crime took place and therefore there will be no police action."
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Way to go Jezza
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 04:15:22 PM »
Well done to him but I have to wonder if the result would have been the same had he not been on the telly?  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 04:16:25 PM »
Exactly what I was going to say!!

If that had been an ordinary member of the public they would have been slapped with an assault conviction quicker than you can say hamster.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 04:17:14 PM »

If that had been an ordinary member of the public they would have been slapped with an assault conviction quicker than you can say hamster.
You had to bring the hamster into it didn't you?  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 04:25:29 PM »

I'm not so sure, if the witness statements, CCTV and security staff show him as being in the clear then surely that stands for itself celebrity or not. Bear in mind the police statement said that if a crime had been commited he was the victim and not the other way around.
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007, 04:28:04 PM »
I agree, in theory it should work that way.

But look at how many people in the last few years that have been slapped with assault convinctions simply for protecting themselves.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 04:28:54 PM »
I agree, in theory it should work that way.

But look at how many people in the last few years that have been slapped with assault convinctions simply for protecting themselves.
Indeed... I suspct that Mr. Average would be in jail by now...
Pro Skub  Thumbs: