Author Topic: In my days of gainful employment  (Read 5187 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: In my days of gainful employment
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2007, 03:47:47 PM »
Wishy Washy = Loveable, fast talking son of Widow Twankey .... tends to steal the show by talking the piss out of the wicked wizard (His Uncle) and his mother (Widow Twankey) The Kids love him.

Check out the script. http://www.spotlightpublications.com/aladdin.htm

Apologies Snoops, my knowledge of Panto is scant - we were only allowed to go to Lewes on 5th November and watch effigies of the Pope being toasted, which, in itself, was a riotous laugh. It's just the moniker "Wishy washy" - most of the poor unfortunates that know me, know me as a rabid, opinionated, hates-everything, to the right of Ghengis Khan, growling tinderbox that has a very short fuse...

But they all love me  cloud9:

As do we all, dear boy, as do we all.

I love you too, like I loved my first Beagle. Even if he did only have one bollock and used to roll in fox's poo regularly... cloud9:

Sounds about right ~ I never did find which handbag she hid the other one in. rubschin:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2007, 03:53:18 PM »
Wishy Washy = Loveable, fast talking son of Widow Twankey

For the record, mother TMR and I were just good friends whistle:

But she did enjoy a ride on my John Deere
I mostly despair

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2007, 04:02:01 PM »

Mother TMR would never have been seen on anything other than a Massey Ferguson. She had standards, you know.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2007, 04:20:15 PM »

Mother TMR would never have been seen on anything other than a Massey Ferguson. She had standards, you know.

redface:

I loved my first Beagle. Even if he did only have one bollock
I never did find which handbag she hid the other one in

IT'S BEHIND YOU!
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2007, 04:27:06 PM »

redface:

I loved my first Beagle. Even if he did only have one bollock
I never did find which handbag she hid the other one in

IT'S BEHIND YOU!

Bugger! Missed it again. lol:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2007, 04:54:36 PM »
The Young's is fine, thank you. Although there are some non-regulars about who, as my mother would have said, look like they've never washed behind their ears properly. Probably from East Sussex...

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2007, 05:20:59 PM »
Wishy Washy = Loveable, fast talking son of Widow Twankey .... tends to steal the show by talking the piss out of the wicked wizard (His Uncle) and his mother (Widow Twankey) The Kids love him.

Apologies Snoops, my knowledge of Panto is scant - we were only allowed to go to Lewes on 5th November and watch effigies of the Pope being toasted, which, in itself, was a riotous laugh. It's just the moniker "Wishy washy" - most of the poor unfortunates that know me, know me as a rabid, opinionated, hates-everything, to the right of Ghengis Khan, growling tinderbox that has a very short fuse...

I love you too, like I loved my first Beagle. Even if he did only have one bollock and used to roll in fox's poo regularly... cloud9:

Ahhh . . memories of my beagle - except his habits were somewhat less salubrious! He used to eat the blessed stuff  eeek:

Totally untrainable mind, one word from me and he did exactly as he pleased. We used to refer to him as the 'Blacksmith' 'cos every time we opened the door, he made a bolt for it!  (Boom Boom)

I know, hat, coat, door (not to be slammed)
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2007, 05:25:26 PM »

Ahhh . . memories of my beagle - except his habits were somewhat less salubrious! He used to eat the blessed stuff  eeek:

Totally untrainable mind, one word from me and he did exactly as he pleased. We used to refer to him as the 'Blacksmith' 'cos every time we opened the door, he made a bolt for it!  (Boom Boom)

More sort of "Passed through" I 'spose.

• Fool Member
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2007, 05:47:34 PM »

More sort of "Passed through" I 'spose.

whistle:
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2007, 05:58:05 PM »
Our Beagle was untrainable too. And an escapologist. God knows how he got out of the back garden (short of Steve McQueen jumping exploits on motorbikes) but we would regularly get phone calls from some poor deranged dear in Banstead stating the hound was in her house after trying to rape her mad tom cat. He was only a little chap, but would attack anything, generally - and then try to sh4g it. Good dog!

• Fool Member
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2007, 06:06:20 PM »
Our Beagle was untrainable too. And an escapologist. God knows how he got out of the back garden (short of Steve McQueen jumping exploits on motorbikes) but we would regularly get phone calls from some poor deranged dear in Banstead stating the hound was in her house after trying to rape her mad tom cat. He was only a little chap, but would attack anything, generally - and then try to sh4g it. Good dog!

Seems to be a beagle trait does that. Ours got himself locked onto a dachshund bitch once despite having no balls at all!

God alone knows how he managed that but he did. Took half an hour of assorted howling before they were parted! Bloody glad that doesn't happen to us human types, though as a mere shadow of my former self, it's mainly memories now.   cry:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2007, 06:18:33 PM »
Ahem! Some of us have feelings you know. evil:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2007, 06:21:28 PM »
I did, however, train the Beagle not to bite me if I attempted to remove any sort of food from him. I don't know how. Perhaps he felt sorry for me. I still, vividly, remember taking a big lamb bone off him and then chucking it under a writing desk - he flew in after it and thirty seconds-odd later, I hears the crunching. Do all Beagles have such strong jaw muscles? Thirty seconds later, the old man went in to remove said bits of lamb bone and emerged with Beagle hanging from his forearm, having clamped himself there and refusing to budge. For about five minutes, the old man held his arm at ninety degrees with the hound hanging and the blood flowind. He gave up first, not the hound. Various bones in his forearm were crushed during this. I laughed, lots.

Old man clobbered me for laughing, then told me I was in charge of the hound from then on.

Corking!

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2007, 09:04:51 AM »
I would oft while away a boring meeting (before I learned how to avoid them and became a better person for it) by casting the company pantomime out of my fellow employees.
The same might well work here.

So I nominate myself as the Narrator

Nick can be Buttons ~ the loveable but incapable joker.
Wenchy as Principle Boy ~ Prince Charming (Lots of leg on show and some thigh slapping in that part).
Barman just has to be ~ Baron Hardup
Miss D ~ Cinderella
Berek & Growler ~ The Ugly Sisters
Darwin I think is a natural for ~ Widow Twanky
TMR ~ Wishy Washy the laundry boy
LandLady ~ The Good Fairy
Pussy Galore will need to supply her own Boots
Tinkerbell can do LL's stunts for her as flying about the stage on a wire might just be asking too much of her.
Now we need a villain  rubschin:  Pity CJ isn't around but perhaps we could persuade Uncle Mort to take the part.
The rest of you ~ bring your own tights ~ you're all in the chorus.

Barman - Is this your feeble attempt to witness some girl on girl action  ;) lol:

What is the budget for costumes???

Will the lighting be soft and favourable-  any chance of a few candles perchance???

Have you carried out a full Health and Safety risk assessment for assorted persons flying on high wires???

Do you really know what you are doing  lol:

Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2007, 09:11:04 AM »
I would oft while away a boring meeting (before I learned how to avoid them and became a better person for it) by casting the company pantomime out of my fellow employees.
The same might well work here.

So I nominate myself as the Narrator

Nick can be Buttons ~ the loveable but incapable joker.
Wenchy as Principle Boy ~ Prince Charming (Lots of leg on show and some thigh slapping in that part).
Barman just has to be ~ Baron Hardup
Miss D ~ Cinderella
Berek & Growler ~ The Ugly Sisters
Darwin I think is a natural for ~ Widow Twanky
TMR ~ Wishy Washy the laundry boy
LandLady ~ The Good Fairy
Pussy Galore will need to supply her own Boots
Tinkerbell can do LL's stunts for her as flying about the stage on a wire might just be asking too much of her.
Now we need a villain  rubschin:  Pity CJ isn't around but perhaps we could persuade Uncle Mort to take the part.
The rest of you ~ bring your own tights ~ you're all in the chorus.

Barman - Is this your feeble attempt to witness some girl on girl action  ;) lol:

What is the budget for costumes???

Will the lighting be soft and favourable-  any chance of a few candles perchance???

Have you carried out a full Health and Safety risk assessment for assorted persons flying on high wires???

Do you really know what you are doing  lol:

Oi! I didn’t start it…  evil:

Girl on girl you say…  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: