Author Topic: Over the Seasonal Holidays  (Read 1541 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Over the Seasonal Holidays
« on: January 02, 2008, 09:01:14 AM »
We have had news reports of road deaths, stabbings, what looks like the start of genocide in Kenya, assasination (Pakistan), suicide bombers (all over the place), potential for aceleration into bankruptcy of the UK, the USDollar becoming even more devalued, threats from Russia about our fuel supplies, a lot of bollocks from Gordon Brown about how much good he is planning to do us (perhaps he is planning to dismantle all the harm he has done over the past 10 years) and Wenchy has moved even nearer the magic age of 30.

Has anyone got any good news?
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Over the Seasonal Holidays
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 09:03:34 AM »
We have had news reports of road deaths, stabbings, what looks like the start of genocide in Kenya, assasination (Pakistan), suicide bombers (all over the place), potential for aceleration into bankruptcy of the UK, the USDollar becoming even more devalued, threats from Russia about our fuel supplies, a lot of bollocks from Gordon Brown about how much good he is planning to do us (perhaps he is planning to dismantle all the harm he has done over the past 10 years) and Wenchy has moved even nearer the magic age of 30.

rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 09:05:03 AM »
None here.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 09:29:02 AM »
I found £20 in my old trousers.  ;D
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 09:32:02 AM »

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 02:36:51 PM »

A neighbour came round last night and gave me money- £30 no less - on the basis that I would spend all of this at the local Chinese takeaway  eeek:
Apparently the current owner is trying to sell and the prospective buyer is there in the next few weeks to review the business. As this is January the owner is concerned it will be a bit slow and is actually paying people to come in and order food. This is likely to be going on for a few weeks so my shopping bill should hopefully be reduced although there isn't much of the menu that fits in well with any diet plan   cry:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 02:38:26 PM »

A neighbour came round last night and gave me money- £30 no less - on the basis that I would spend all of this at the local Chinese takeaway  eeek:
Apparently the current owner is trying to sell and the prospective buyer is there in the next few weeks to review the business. As this is January the owner is concerned it will be a bit slow and is actually paying people to come in and order food. This is likely to be going on for a few weeks so my shopping bill should hopefully be reduced although there isn't much of the menu that fits in well with any diet plan   cry:

Bugger the diet ~ jog to and from the takeaway.  lol:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2008, 02:41:50 PM »

You will wake up on your knees in a Shanghai opium den.  noooo:
I mostly despair

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2008, 02:54:56 PM »
You will wake up on your knees in a Shanghai opium den.  noooo:

At least I will have been well fed  lol:
Skubber

Offline Nick

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 02:07:08 PM »

Blimey eeek:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Sour Puss

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 05:17:23 PM »

We had a bit of excitement in the close on New Years day. The lady just across the road had taken the "Baby" (about 3 or 4) to her sisters for New Year and her husband was supposed to pick them up at 10h00 in the morning. He did not turn up, so she made her way home about 11h15 or so and burst into the house to confront him for oversleeping and found him slumped in his chair.  She came running out screaming that he was dead, shortly afterwards 2 ambulances arrived, but they were unable to revive him, so both went away again. The police arrived and stayed for a while and they did not move him till late afternoon.  I doubt that he was my age, it does make you think though.  rubschin:

Offline Nick

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 05:36:28 PM »
Eeek. I am starting to think that my days are numbered. Mrs Nick is taking me off to update our wills on Monday. Does she know someting, or is she planning something. I well know that I am worth a lot more dead than alive evil:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2008, 05:46:42 PM »

We had a bit of excitement in the close on New Years day. The lady just across the road had taken the "Baby" (about 3 or 4) to her sisters for New Year and her husband was supposed to pick them up at 10h00 in the morning. He did not turn up, so she made her way home about 11h15 or so and burst into the house to confront him for oversleeping and found him slumped in his chair.  She came running out screaming that he was dead, shortly afterwards 2 ambulances arrived, but they were unable to revive him, so both went away again. The police arrived and stayed for a while and they did not move him till late afternoon.  I doubt that he was my age, it does make you think though.  rubschin:

rubschin: Not a young man then.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 06:02:53 PM »
Not at all ~ sudden death syndrome can strike even the young but I gather from the oft spoken of Grandchildren that the writer is not in the first flush of youth.

http://www.c-r-y.org.uk/sudden_death_syndrome.htm refers

Offline Nick

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2008, 06:08:44 PM »
Not at all what?