Author Topic: 2008 so far  (Read 6516 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: 2008 so far
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2008, 09:03:22 AM »
I had 67 such emails overnight, last night.  cussing:
Deal with them by pressing the delete button.

The few I get, I deal with by not opening, blocking sender and bouncing to sender, you then do not get any more from that source at least.  whistle:

Never had any spam or junk mail until a little while ago, when someone I know, who  is signed up with an online dating club, must have given it my details, since then I have had all sorts of junk.  noooo:

Right! I figure my sudden upsurge in this junk has come about because of internet shopping pre Christmas. Some b@st@rd out there, not content with taking my money, has sold their database of email addresses collected to enable "confirmation of order". Once they sell the address to someone then onward selling clearly happens.

rubschin: Lesson learned. Pre Christmas create a Googlemail/Hotmail/Yahoo address, use it over the shopping period and once all goods are received cancel the account.
happ096
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2008, 09:21:13 AM »
Pre Christmas create a Googlemail/Hotmail/Yahoo address, use it over the shopping period and once all goods are received cancel the account.

Very clever. ;D

You are obviously good for more than fetching sticks and humping Vicar's legs.

Have another bonio.
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2008, 09:23:38 AM »
Rather have the vicar ~ she's got quite a leg.

I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2008, 09:59:04 AM »
Rather have the vicar ~ she's got quite a leg.

Yes indeed.  ::)
I mostly despair

Offline Nick

« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2008, 10:00:37 AM »
Is the first one a photoshopped version of the second?

1. I would
2. I would suffocate
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2008, 10:01:25 AM »

The few I get, I deal with by not opening, blocking sender and bouncing to sender, you then do not get any more from that source at least.  whistle:

Never had any spam or junk mail until a little while ago, when someone I know, who  is signed up with an online dating club, must have given it my details, since then I have had all sorts of junk.  noooo:

Right! I figure my sudden upsurge in this junk has come about because of internet shopping pre Christmas. Some b@st@rd out there, not content with taking my money, has sold their database of email addresses collected to enable "confirmation of order". Once they sell the address to someone then onward selling clearly happens.

rubschin: Lesson learned. Pre Christmas create a Googlemail/Hotmail/Yahoo address, use it over the shopping period and once all goods are received cancel the account.
happ096

Well, DUH! Doesn't everyone do that? eeek:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2008, 10:01:53 AM »

happ096

Of course...  redface:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2008, 10:03:24 AM »

happ096

Ok smarty-thong, you obviously got off to a good start today.

I fortell a day of Wench baiting.

evil:
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2008, 10:08:58 AM »
Is the first one a photoshopped version of the second?

1. I would
2. I would suffocate

No
1. So would I
2. But what a way to go  ;D
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2008, 10:20:56 AM »
1. Prolly
2. No. I go for the size 8 type redface:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2008, 10:23:53 AM »
1) If I prayed hard enough could I?

2) No thanks

Offline Nick

« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2008, 10:24:48 AM »
If I preyed hard enough could I?

No, but I fixed it for you anyway.

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2008, 11:57:21 AM »
Today is "big announcement day". All departments are being called in separately, as closure of the building is in stages.

The first lot in (about 85 people) originally thought they would be here until June 2009 - this has now been moved forward to October 2008. There have been tears and tantrums.

My area has just had our presentation and, as thought, I am here until the bitter end, which has now been moved forward to March 2009 - which is a bit of a bugger as if it had been June 2009, I would have qualified for another years worth of the very handsome redundancy package. Ah well.

Fourteen more months to go then, with the building getting emptier and emptier. I foresee much forum posting to keep me occupied.

shrugs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2008, 12:05:12 PM »
Today is "big announcement day". All departments are being called in separately, as closure of the building is in stages.

The first lot in (about 85 people) originally thought they would be here until June 2009 - this has now been moved forward to October 2008. There have been tears and tantrums.

My area has just had our presentation and, as thought, I am here until the bitter end, which has now been moved forward to March 2009 - which is a bit of a bugger as if it had been June 2009, I would have qualified for another years worth of the very handsome redundancy package. Ah well.

Fourteen more months to go then, with the building getting emptier and emptier. I foresee much forum posting to keep me occupied.

shrugs:
Excellent!  ;D

I mean, oh poor you...  redface:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2008, 12:43:23 PM »
On the plus side, I believe there will be a new Gixxer Thou' in the showrooms for March 2009  cloud9:

The vast majority of the office seem to have taken a certain degree of umbrage at the announcements and have decamped to the local pubs. Sounds like a plan!