Author Topic: Pre wedding stress caused by inefficient WD supplier  (Read 30387 times)

Offline Landlady

• Fool Member
Pre wedding stress caused by inefficient WD supplier
« on: January 14, 2008, 10:52:02 AM »
Just what I don't need  angry041:

Daughter called last week to say she is again having problems contacting the bridal shop lady to ascertain that her WD (wedding dress) is there and that we will be able to start the required alteration fitments very soon......

Initially we selected this small bridal shop because of the warm and comfortable feeling we both had about how nice the owner was and how well she was going to look after daughters needs...making me able to relax a little more being over here

Since then the relationship appears to have been going wrong, and neither of us are feeling warm or comforted anymore  noooo:

Telephone calls to the shop and/or the owners mobile are going straight to voicemail and msg's being left (increasing in pissed off'ness) aren't being replied to  evil:

I have just contacted the WD manufacturer direct this morning and ascertained that although the WD shop told us the dress would be with them latest by the first week of Jan 08 (which is late because it should have originally been there middle of Nov 07 initially) it is still with them and whilst they didn't 100% confirm it I have the definite feeling that the reason it hasn't, as yet, been sent to the WD shop is due to 'credit' issues they are perhaps having with the WD shop  rubschin:

I think scary mummy  shocked003 needs to breathe her wrath on WD shop owner now and get this sorted  cussing:

I do hate it when people tell porkies  evil: evil: evil:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Pre wedding stress caused by inefficient WD supplier
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 11:08:06 AM »
Find another dress maker and get the manufacturer to re-route the frock. The person you have been dealing with is most likely going out of business and avoiding both creditors and customers alike. If you have parted with money do not part with more on any promises made in response to your anger but start a separate claim to recover that which has been "stolen" on unfulfilled promises. Take the action now or you will have a bigger disappointment too near to the day to do anything about other than buy something from a Department Store.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Drywhitewine

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 11:13:16 AM »
Hi LL
Unfortunately, the course of true love etc  If you get your hiccups now, all will go smoothly on the day.   I have heard that if all goes smooth in the preparation, then hiccups on the day!  Know which I would prefer but must be very irritating for you and daughter.   So unfair of the shop owner - so do breath your wrath on her and keep us posted.   Great advice from Snoopy.    By the way, Snoopy, how's the white wine supply today, haven't had a chance to order a drink yet with all these pressing issues . . .

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 11:17:55 AM »
Errrrrrrr .................. It'll be OK (Barman said so)
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 01:08:49 PM »
Errrrrrrr .................. It'll be OK (Barman said so)
;)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Landlady

• Fool Member
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 04:03:13 PM »
Thanks for your advice Mr Snoopy Doops  ;)

My feelings exactly, in that I also think the shop owner has a cash flow issue and I'm not happy that our daughter and subsequently me are bearing the problems it is causing  angry041:

I have agreed with daughter that we will review the situation again tomorrow once we see whether the SO has responded appropriately BUT even if she has a 'good story' I don't think trusting her to now co-ordinate the alterations and other stuff that still needs to be done before the final event is a good idea  noooo: noooo: noooo:

For your kind support have a brandy on the house with your garlic bonio  ;D - large glass of white for DRW too  ;D plus pass the bottle of red over here for me  whistle:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 04:22:24 PM »
She can't pick something else!  eeek:

It is THE DRESS!!!!!!

Poor thing. :(

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 04:24:10 PM »

It is THE DRESS!!!!!!

Hello Wenchy!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Landlady

• Fool Member
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 04:41:01 PM »

It is THE DRESS!!!!!!

Correct, exactly, well understood - try explaining that to the husband to be how VERY STUPIDLY has already told her to CHILL  angry041: followed by THERE'S PLENTY OF TIME  angry041: and DON'T OVER REACT  angry041: - hence the call to Mummy to empathise and get things sorted .

The major thing I AM worried about it now that even though it is THE DRESS it even when things are sorted it won't feel THE DRESS because of these problems.............

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 04:41:56 PM »
 whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 04:43:28 PM »

It is THE DRESS!!!!!!

Correct, exactly, well understood - try explaining that to the husband to be how VERY STUPIDLY has already told her to CHILL  angry041: followed by THERE'S PLENTY OF TIME  angry041: and DON'T OVER REACT  angry041: - hence the call to Mummy to empathise and get things sorted .

The major thing I AM worried about it now that even though it is THE DRESS it even when things are sorted it won't feel THE DRESS because of these problems.............

Idiot man!!! They have no clue do they!

How much has been paid to the WD shop? Is it at all possible to go direct to the manufacturer?

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 04:44:22 PM »

It is THE DRESS!!!!!!

How much has been paid to the WD shop? Is it at all possible to go direct to the manufacturer?

:lalalala
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 04:45:57 PM »
I think my cat wants to kill me...

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2008, 04:49:05 PM »

It is THE DRESS!!!!!!

You aren't going to like my next suggestion then.

Buy ANOTHER dress direct from the manufactuer and take dipsy WD shop to small claims court. Daughter is starting to cut it really fine on the alterations front time wise.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2008, 04:51:55 PM »

It is THE DRESS!!!!!!

You aren't going to like my next suggestion then.

Buy ANOTHER dress direct from the manufactuer and take dipsy WD shop to small claims court. Daughter is starting to cut it really fine on the alterations front time wise.
eeek:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: