Author Topic: Nuclear Power Stations  (Read 2347 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Nuclear Power Stations
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2008, 10:31:33 AM »
we better stick with natural energies ,
like solar and wind.
There is simply not enough sun or wind to power our modern society’s needs using current technology…  noooo:
In UK not enough sun . It is not excuse .How about Wind. They (We) should invest more money on this kind of the devoplements not for the guns. OUR WORLD END İS COMMİNG.
Just think of the vast amount of oil that is burnt every day to power our lives... all the cars, trucks, ships and aeroplanes - not to mention the electricity we consume...

It would simply be impossible to exchange oil for renewable energy sources and maintain the lifestyle we have now – you'd have to cover the entire planed with photovoltaic cells and wind turbines and still not be close.

The only alternatives are to embrace nuclear power generation or dramatically change our lifestyles (or as I said earlier, reduce our numbers).

Sorry, but it just doesn't add up any other way...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2008, 10:33:45 AM »
I think reducing the population is the great taboo in the whole "climate change" and energy debate. I for one would welcome a few epidemics (as long as I am not personally affected of course eveilgrin:). Halving the global population should be a new "target". Come on Popey. Get the condoms out!
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2008, 10:37:30 AM »
Gussips? Sounds rude!
sorry,
forgive me for my language but your tread was very important for talk.

You are of course correct dear boy and I should fear to tread casually on Nick's important topic.

We are all deeply concerned about the energy crisis and damage to the environment.

Many of us in the UK farming community are making great sacrifices to turn from food to bio-fuel production.
I mostly despair

Offline Nick

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2008, 10:47:31 AM »
 spider:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2008, 01:08:06 PM »
Quote from:  link=topic=2582.msg50948#msg50948 date=1200559046
I suspect these may turn out to be a necessary evil. Unfortunately I note from my local paper that a site about 3 miles from where I live is being considered as a possible location for one. rubschin:

Do we think this is wise? eveilgrin:

Will you be following cousin Calptain Calamityovich into the industry?

He certainly made his mark at Chernobyl.

Looks like cousin Captain Calamityovich has now moved into the ballistic missile corps:

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia's military on Thursday offered compensation to a homeowner after a small rocket veered off course and hit his country house outside Moscow.

Russian Internet chatrooms were buzzing late on Wednesday after local news agencies reported that "an unidentified flying object dropped two bombs near Moscow".

A defence ministry official told Reuters two rockets had gone astray during a military exercise near Moscow on Wednesday afternoon. One hit the roof of an unoccupied house 3.5 km (2.2 miles) away.

"The damage is estimated at 60,000 roubles (1,253 pounds). It will be compensated for in two days," said Yevgeny Konashenkov, spokesman for Russian land troops. "The owner of the house treats the incident with understanding. He has no legal claims."

Luckily for the nearby compound of cottage houses, the rockets disconnected at launch from the load of explosives they normally carry to clear minefields.

Didnt Captain Calamity get the boy a bottle rocket?  eeek:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 02:26:02 PM by Grumpmeister »
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Nick

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2008, 01:29:26 PM »
Failed eveilgrin:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2008, 07:44:47 PM »
Edited  point:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2008, 09:19:49 PM »
Please help me. I am losing the will to live.  surrender:
I think my cat wants to kill me...

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2008, 10:03:43 AM »
Its spring madness TG, dont worry it should pass before long and we'll all be our normal cantankerous selves again.  whistle: