Author Topic: Tedium  (Read 3727 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Tedium
« on: January 30, 2008, 09:46:02 AM »
For some time now, [perhaps a couple of years if truth be told, I have become increasingly bored with almost all aspects of my life. Get up, make breakfast, take to school, washing, shopping, cooking, working. Life feels like a never ending treadmill and everything feels increasingly colourless and lacking in interest.

Am I having some sort of mid life crisis? Has anyone else felt this? Does anyone else here currently feel this?

Depressed of the North West cry:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
Re: Tedium
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 09:58:17 AM »
LL says that this is the middle years where everything is a bit dull. Apparently then you get a bit older and you start to behave like a loon and everything is fun again!

Offline Nick

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 10:00:06 AM »
Maybe it relates to the age of your children and the attendant responsibiliites. I am older than LL by some years. I want it all to be over.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 10:08:52 AM »
Dear Depressed of the North West,
You need stimulus. Have you considered an affair to introduce some variety into your life? I have, in the past, found this to be an excellent method of reviving flagging spirits. Discretion is of course essential.

Employ an Au Pair and she will not only be available for extra curricular activities but will also take over many of the chores that "Bug" you. Careful selection of suitable applicants is important.

Failing that I suggest placing your head in the oven. It won't do you any harm as Natural Gas is not lethal and, if appropriately timed may send a message to your nearest and dearest. Of course if you have an electric oven things may get a little warm so timing if of the essence.

Running away to join a circus is not reccommended.

Actually I know how you feel. Been there and am currently there again. Get out more.

I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 10:10:16 AM »
 happy100

Weekend away with Mrs Nick?

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 10:12:57 AM »
. . then you get a bit older and you start to behave like a loon and everything is fun again!

It is true.

I have been in this state all this century (and quite a bit of the previous one).  whistle:
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 10:15:54 AM »
happy100

Send Mrs Nick & Boy away for a week and have the house to yourself would be better  eveilgrin:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 10:16:08 AM »
You need stimulus. Have you considered an affair to introduce some variety into your life? I have, in the past, found this to be an excellent method of reviving flagging spirits. Discretion is of course essential.

Employ an Au Pair and she will not only be available for extra curricular activities but will also take over many of the chores that "Bug" you. Careful selection of suitable applicants is important.

Failing that I suggest placing your head in the oven. It won't do you any harm as Natural Gas is not lethal and, if appropriately timed may send a message to your nearest and dearest. Of course if you have an electric oven things may get a little warm so timing if of the essence.

Actually I know how you feel. Been there and am currently there again. Get out more.

Sound advice. As my doc said, "If you had a heart attack you wouldn't try to treat yourself." One or two here know via PM that I am currently on medication for depression. The illness that dare not speak its name. Not good.

And Wenchy. Nice idea, wrong time I fear. But perhaps we should farm the Boy out to the rellies for a weekend and go somewhere nice for some R&R. cry:

Offline Nick

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 10:16:45 AM »
happy100

Send Mrs Nick & Boy away for a week and have the house to yourself would be better  eveilgrin:

Not good. Trust me, I know.

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 10:19:06 AM »

Sound advice. As my doc said, "If you had a heart attack you wouldn't try to treat yourself." One or two here know via PM that I am currently on medication for depression. The illness that dare not speak its name. Not good.

And Wenchy. Nice idea, wrong time I fear. But perhaps we should farm the Boy out to the rellies for a weekend and go somewhere nice for some R&R. cry:

I honestly think that would be a good idea. Everyone needs a break from the routine now and again. I know I'm not as old as you but it hits me badly too sometimes and you just need a shake up and a break from the norm and suddenly things seem much more manageable again, the routine doesn't seem quite that dismal. I'm off to Spain next week for a long weekend. I just have my fingers crossed that I am going to make it that far without losing the plot.

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 10:21:02 AM »
Cheer up! It might never happen etc!  happy088

No need for bad language just trying to help.
I think my cat wants to kill me...

Offline Nick

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 10:21:40 AM »

I honestly think that would be a good idea. Everyone needs a break from the routine now and again. I know I'm not as old as you but it hits me badly too sometimes and you just need a shake up and a break from the norm and suddenly things seem much more manageable again, the routine doesn't seem quite that dismal. I'm off to Spain next week for a long weekend. I just have my fingers crossed that I am going to make it that far without losing the plot.

What plot?

Offline Nick

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 10:22:31 AM »
Cheer up! It might never happen etc!  happy088

No need for bad language just trying to help.

That is the problem I think.

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2008, 10:24:42 AM »

What plot?

Drop my basket, have a mental, be put up on bricks, take to my bed with a bottle of vodka. That sort of plot losing.

Offline Nick

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2008, 10:25:48 AM »
Oh dear. Who else shall be flushed out now?

And What is OVER?