Author Topic: New boiler is in..now i'm waiting for....  (Read 2314 times)

Berek

New boiler is in..now i'm waiting for....
« on: February 12, 2008, 08:08:28 AM »
the man !!

the man who is coming to put the thermostat on the wall. When I arranged for the new boiler they told me it will be 2 days to fit. Right, so I take Monday and Tuesday off work ( as you would ). Man #1 turned up at 8am yesterday and worked without a break until 5:30 to ensure we had heating and water.
  As he left he said Man #2 will be along " sometime soon " to fit the thermostat.. eh " sometime soon " ??? what the fuck does that mean ??, anyway he says " will someone be in this week ?? "

fuck me, i'm going to have to ring them and let them know i'm back at work tomorrow.. Banghead Banghead

progress report at lunchtime..

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: New boiler is in..now i'm waiting for....
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 08:19:25 AM »
the man !!

the man who is coming to put the thermostat on the wall. When I arranged for the new boiler they told me it will be 2 days to fit. Right, so I take Monday and Tuesday off work ( as you would ). Man #1 turned up at 8am yesterday and worked without a break until 5:30 to ensure we had heating and water.
  As he left he said Man #2 will be along " sometime soon " to fit the thermostat.. eh " sometime soon " ??? what the fuck does that mean ??, anyway he says " will someone be in this week ?? "

fuck me, i'm going to have to ring them and let them know i'm back at work tomorrow.. Banghead Banghead

Friday...  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 08:24:23 AM »
the man !!

Friday...  whistle:

..of next week.
I think my cat wants to kill me...

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 08:25:07 AM »
the man !!

Friday...  whistle:

..of next week.
...without the right parts...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 08:54:43 AM »
Got rid of the old boiler eh?

New patio time is it?
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 09:10:57 AM »
Got rid of the old boiler eh?

New patio time is it?
lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 10:43:45 AM »
It's yer regs innit mate .... new boiler installation has to have a room stat before it can be "commissioned" dunnit.

You will recall I had this debate with the local council and the installers last year. Fortunately being in Wales the "new Regs" that came into force in Jan 2007 apply only to England but it was a hell of a fight to get them to accept that simple fact. They wanted to fit a "Room Stat" despite the fact that every radiator has an individual stat on it "Cos its the regs innit" .... to achieve this they proposed drilling through five walls to position the stat in the "living room". I pointed out that we had two "living rooms" which bolloxed them for a while whilst I checked out the legal facts as applicable in the Principality and then I was able to get letters from the Environment Agency that overruled the local buildings regs man.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 10:57:54 AM »
It's yer regs innit mate .... new boiler installation has to have a room stat before it can be "commissioned" dunnit.

You will recall I had this debate with the local council and the installers last year. Fortunately being in Wales the "new Regs" that came into force in Jan 2007 apply only to England but it was a hell of a fight to get them to accept that simple fact. They wanted to fit a "Room Stat" despite the fact that every radiator has an individual stat on it "Cos its the regs innit" .... to achieve this they proposed drilling through five walls to position the stat in the "living room". I pointed out that we had two "living rooms" which bolloxed them for a while whilst I checked out the legal facts as applicable in the Principality and then I was able to get letters from the Environment Agency that overruled the local buildings regs man.
happ096
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Berek

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 11:51:02 AM »

The rules must have changed, we can have the stat wherever we want it, so it's going on the landing, they can take as long as they like to come and fit it, they wont be getting paid until the job is done, also the old boiler is still sitting on my front lawn even though another " man " was coming yesterday to take it away

still no sign of either men yet.. evil:

I feel the urge to go in the garden and burn some cardboard to annoy the neighbours on this lovely sunny day

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 12:27:28 PM »

The rules must have changed, we can have the stat wherever we want it, so it's going on the landing, they can take as long as they like to come and fit it, they wont be getting paid until the job is done, also the old boiler is still sitting on my front lawn even though another " man " was coming yesterday to take it away

still no sign of either men yet.. evil:

I feel the urge to go in the garden and burn some cardboard to annoy the neighbours on this lovely sunny day

Nah ... the rules don't change  ~ it's the local government arseh*les officials who interpret them and the tradesmen who use them to make money out of you that "invent" the needs and "must-dos".

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2008, 02:01:20 PM »
...also the old boiler is still sitting on my front lawn

That'll be next to the old washing machine and stained mattress then.  ;)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 02:02:43 PM »
Three rusty bikes, two french letters and a partridge in a pear tree  whistle:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 02:16:12 PM »
...also the old boiler is still sitting on my front lawn

That'll be next to the old washing machine and stained mattress then.  ;)
lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Berek

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2008, 03:10:28 PM »
I was hoping some local pikey would run off with it all

still no sign of the man

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2008, 03:16:08 PM »
3:15 ~ not much chance now.