Disgusterous

Author Topic: we're all gonna fry  (Read 1419 times)

Offline barmisspah?

• Fool Member
    • Photobucket
we're all gonna fry
« on: February 13, 2008, 10:35:18 AM »
From todays currant bun

HEATWAVES caused by global warming will kill thousands of Britons in just FIVE YEARS time, Government experts warned last night.

It is the most confident official statement yet that climate change will hit Britain dramatically.

A Health Protection Agency report said illnesses like malaria and Lyme disease will claim lives as the UK heats up.

It warned that by 2012 there will be a one-in-40 chance the South East will suffer a serious heatwave causing 3,000 immediate heat-related deaths.

More deadly strains of mosquitoes in wetland areas could also cause malaria outbreaks. Lyme disease — carried by ticks — will become more common.

Skin cancer rates will soar due to increased sun exposure.

And the number of people at high risk of flooding will more than double to 3.5million by 2100. There will also be up to 14,000 more cases of food poisoning a year

Where do they get their info from, or rather what drugs are they taking when they come up with this stuff.
I couldn't ask for better friends. I could ask for more NORMAL friends, but not better ones.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: we're all gonna fry
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 10:37:05 AM »
Magic Mushrooms I 'spect or licking toads since it's the Sun
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 10:42:14 AM »
A quiet news day so let’s have a little scare story…

This stuff does continue to piss me off big time! Every single nightmare scenario can be fitted into this farce – too hot, too cold, too wet, too dry – yet they continue to do fark all about it ‘cept increase taxes – another 2p on petrol on (appropriately) April 1st?

cussing:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 10:52:01 AM »

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 10:55:38 AM »
Health Protection Agency

= Mystic Meg/David Icke
I mostly despair

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 10:55:54 AM »

RTFM

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 10:59:19 AM »
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 11:11:29 AM »
Health Protection Agency

= Mystic Meg/David Icke

Not quite.

The climate is changing, you can argue the causes but the possiblity that higher temperatures in the UK will cause problems is very likely and we should be made aware of what these problems could be.

However, media "the sky is falling" stories do not make a rational debate.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 11:24:29 AM »
Health Protection Agency

= Mystic Meg/David Icke

Not quite.

The climate is changing, you can argue the causes but the possiblity that higher temperatures in the UK will cause problems is very likely and we should be made aware of what these problems could be.

However, media "the sky is falling" stories do not make a rational debate.

Exactly. The Earth's climate has been variously warming and cooling since time began. We just happen to be able to measure it more accurately now. I do not believe it is the doomsday scenario many claim and in a couple of hundred years we'll look back at this "scare" and wonder what it was all about ..... well maybe we won't but someone will.
Read Rural Rides by William Cobbett. Written in the late 1700s/early 1800s he details many of the "Climate Change" fears that we are talking about now. It's cyclical I tell you.

Berek

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 11:29:13 AM »
remember this time last year when they were telling us it was going to be the hottest summer on record.. point:

Offline barmisspah?

• Fool Member
    • Photobucket
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 11:37:24 AM »
Where do they get their info from

A Health Protection Agency report

::)

Sorry I was not clear enough, I meant where the Health Protection Agency get their info from. Thousands to die from rising temperatures within 5 years - it's laughable.
Last year was supposed to be the hottest ever - didn't happen
Norfolk was supposed to be totally submerged - didn't happen

I agree with you that temperatures are rising for whatever reason, (I believe it's cyclictic but that's another argument) it's the timescale I have a problem with.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 11:39:27 AM by barmisspah? »
I couldn't ask for better friends. I could ask for more NORMAL friends, but not better ones.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 11:43:49 AM »
It is just a brilliant excuse for um… anything and its about time the public and the media saw through it.

Flash floods = warmer seas = more evaporation = more rain because of global warming yet in the next breath drought = global warming and it’s all because I left my TV on standby last Wednesday week.

I’m sure the climate is changing but its about time they got of their fat thieving arses, did some real research and came up with some sensible statistics and data instead of all this shite.

bastards!  cussing:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2008, 12:19:22 PM »
Flash floods = warmer seas = more evaporation = more rain because of global warming yet in the next breath drought = global warming and it’s all because I left my TV on standby last Wednesday week.

The only reason why they keep having hosepipe bans in the UK despite the increase in rainfall is that the rain falls from the sky, ends up in a treatment facility, gets pumped inot hte water mains an promptly lost down one of the hundreds of leaks they have because the companies are all about the profits.  cussing:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2008, 12:20:37 PM »
Plenty of water here in Wales look you. lol:

And we have evidence that man has been living on this mountainside for at least 5000 years so I'm not worried about sea levels either.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 12:22:23 PM by Snoopy »