Disgusterous

Author Topic: Its the monday caption competition  (Read 5433 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Its the monday caption competition
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2008, 10:35:35 AM »
Group toilet attendance remains a mystery to me. Men never do it!

Bet you've glanced at the bloke next to you at the "Stand to" though.  whistle:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2008, 10:36:04 AM »
Yes. On one occasion it was Sean Connery. I can report that the rumours are NOT true
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2008, 10:38:14 AM »

We grow out of the habit at the "Little boys peeing highest up the wall" stage of development.

Few girls joined in that activity as I remember.
I mostly despair

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #48 on: February 21, 2008, 10:40:49 AM »

No, for the simple reason that they don't want their mates peeking at their todger and drawing comparisons.

Interesting to observe the male of the species on entering the 'facility': Generally first in will go to one end of the trough or the other. Second will go to opposite end. Third will position himself in the middle provided that this doesn't put him in immediate proximity to either of the others - if it did, he'd go for the cubicle. Any further entrants will usually go for the cubicle.

Seen it on so many occasions.

Try this on your next 'visit' - deliberately position yourself next to a current 'user' - if they are the only 'user', then so much the better. You've never seen anyone finish a pee so quick!
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #49 on: February 21, 2008, 10:51:44 AM »
Yes. On one occasion it was Sean Connery. I can report that the rumours are NOT true

I once spent a night in a caravan with Michael Caine drinking tea laced with rum. Now he is a comical bastard ~ knows more filthy stories than anyone else I have ever met.

Explanation:
I was in charge of location security when they filmed The Fourth Protocol ... Rained all night and MC & I got slightly pissed waiting for the director to call him out for a shot. If you have the DVD watch the bit where he comes up a residential road in a car, gets out in the rain and walks up to a house. He was rat arsed. Those scenes were filmed in Milton Keynes BTW. The same house gets blown up a bit later. They hired a real house and put the family that owned it up in a local hotel for 6 weeks ..... cost a fortune but the house that explodes is a plywood exterior they created around the original. Brilliant effects and never even damaged the grass.

Offline Nick

« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2008, 10:53:09 AM »
I watched that film the other day. Forsyth (see also Day of the Jackal) is very good on interweaving two stories - the pursued and the pursuer. I will check that bit you mention!

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2008, 11:01:03 AM »
I also did security on Superman II which was filmed in Milton Keynes. Got to meet Christopher Reeve who was so far up his own arse nobody on the set would speak to him except the director. Gene Hackman (Lex Luthor) was a great guy but an insomniac and would wander round the sets at night looking for someone to talk to.
It was about then that Mrs S#2 and I became an item and I took her on set one night. We sat in the "Daily Planet Offices" eating the free sandwiches (location catering is highly recommended) whilst wearing New York Police Uniforms. (I know how to impress a girl I do   lol:)

Offline Nick

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2008, 11:07:15 AM »
Sounds kinky!!

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2008, 11:12:37 AM »
Sounds kinky!!

redface: Now that would be telling  redface:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2008, 11:29:01 AM »
I watched that film the other day. Forsyth (see also Day of the Jackal) is very good on interweaving two stories - the pursued and the pursuer. I will check that bit you mention!

I think the bit where Pierce Brosnan is assembling the bomb and seducing the girl simultaneously is brilliantly done. High tension charged with sexual innuendo .... the suspense just builds and builds.
Brosnan made a shed load of money out of being Bond BUT IMHO diminished himself as an actor doing so.

I also did security on a couple of Bond movies but they were so scared of H&S with all those special effects I seldom got onto the actual sets.

BTW going back to Superman .... The flying is "real" and in Superman II the buildings that he flies round, in and out of etc and the Daily Planet Office are in fact the Railway Station, The Inland Revenue Offices above the station and what were then two empty office blocks that form a pedestrian square outside of the Milton Keynes Railway station. It is a large car park now but one of my jobs was to prevent the public from parking there. And how does Christopher Reeve fly? They suspended him from a huge crane (Hired from Sparrows Crane Hire) and the crane driver maneuvered the jib as directed to make Superman move through the air. He was certainly 100 feet from the ground whilst doing this stunt, used no double (so credit to him for that) but was so disliked that the crew, on one occasion, went to lunch leaving him up there for almost an hour.

Offline Nick

« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2008, 11:54:42 AM »
I did once teach Reeves' stunt double. A guy called Donald Standen, whose proudest claim that his neck was wider than his head! eeek:

http://www.donaldstanden.co.uk/index2.htm

When I knew him he was a skinny lad who pumped iron for 2 hours before his evening class. Nice guy, thick as a plank though noooo:

And very sweaty!

The odd thing about the 4th Protocol is that Brosnan says virtually nothing throughout
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 11:58:31 AM by Nick »

Offline Nick

« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2008, 11:59:23 AM »

I think the bit where Pierce Brosnan is assembling the bomb and seducing the girl simultaneously is brilliantly done. High tension charged with sexual innuendo .... the suspense just builds and builds.
Brosnan made a shed load of money out of being Bond BUT IMHO diminished himself as an actor doing so.

I also did security on a couple of Bond movies but they were so scared of H&S with all those special effects I seldom got onto the actual sets.

BTW going back to Superman .... The flying is "real" and in Superman II the buildings that he flies round, in and out of etc and the Daily Planet Office are in fact the Railway Station, The Inland Revenue Offices above the station and what were then two empty office blocks that form a pedestrian square outside of the Milton Keynes Railway station. It is a large car park now but one of my jobs was to prevent the public from parking there. And how does Christopher Reeve fly? They suspended him from a huge crane (Hired from Sparrows Crane Hire) and the crane driver maneuvered the jib as directed to make Superman move through the air. He was certainly 100 feet from the ground whilst doing this stunt, used no double (so credit to him for that) but was so disliked that the crew, on one occasion, went to lunch leaving him up there for almost an hour.

Joanna Pakula, sexy but a bit box-shaped for my liking

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2008, 12:04:08 PM »
Isn't this just willy waving of a different variety? rubschin:

Offline Nick

« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2008, 12:05:19 PM »
Does anyone know what she is on about?

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2008, 12:26:26 PM »
I did once teach Reeves' stunt double. A guy called Donald Standen, whose proudest claim that his neck was wider than his head! eeek:

http://www.donaldstanden.co.uk/index2.htm

When I knew him he was a skinny lad who pumped iron for 2 hours before his evening class. Nice guy, thick as a plank though noooo:

And very sweaty!

The odd thing about the 4th Protocol is that Brosnan says virtually nothing throughout

I think the silence of Brosnan's character adds to the menace and portrait of a cold blooded, dedicated killer. Superb acting 'cos he a quite a chatty sort of bloke .... full of Irish charm