Author Topic: TV "recaps"  (Read 1599 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: TV "recaps"
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 10:58:55 AM »
So are you saying you dont enjoy being abused by Wenchy?  point:
rubschin:

The prosecution rests m'lud  point:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2008, 11:55:44 AM »
For example:- Kitchen Nightmares.

A one hour programme, split into four by the adverts. You may as well only watch the last quarter as it recaps on the preceding three and also shows the better bits they contained.

Now, I can quite easily watch a full hour documentary without the need for a recap. My attention span is not limited to little chunks either side of a commercial break. This is symptomatic of the dumbing-down to cater for the hard of thinking, as after each break their is a recap of what has happened so far. The whole programme could be condensed to half an hour without these irritating aide-memoires for the terminally stupid.

Thank god that at least Attenborough hasn't been forced into this trite televisual shite.

Bastards.
Back on topic.

I agree this slur on our attention span is quite, well, fairly . . er, you know.

Is it lunch time yet?
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2008, 11:57:36 AM »

A one hour programme, split into four by the adverts. You may as well only watch the last quarter as it recaps on the preceding three and also shows the better bits they contained.

Now, I can quite easily watch a full hour documentary without the need for a recap. My attention span is not limited to little chunks either side of a commercial break. This is symptomatic of the dumbing-down to cater for the hard of thinking, as after each break their is a recap of what has happened so far. The whole programme could be condensed to half an hour without these irritating aide-memoires for the terminally stupid.

Thank god that at least Attenborough hasn't been forced into this trite televisual shite.

Bastards.
Back on topic.

I agree this slur on our attention span is quite, well, fairly . . er, you know.

Is it lunch time yet?
Time for a Talisker sir?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2008, 11:59:13 AM »

Bastards.
Back on topic.

Is it lunch time yet?
Time for a Talisker sir?

Good man!

Have one yourself and put it on my tab why don't you?
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2008, 12:06:54 PM »

Bastards.
Back on topic.

Is it lunch time yet?
Time for a Talisker sir?

Good man!

Have one yourself and put it on my tab why don't you?
Indeed I will...  ;)

TAB?    eeek:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: