Author Topic: Closing off the wedding dress fiasco  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Landlady

• Fool Member
Closing off the wedding dress fiasco
« on: February 25, 2008, 10:07:13 AM »
It is finally sorted  ;D

The saga went on (for those of you who are interested  No:) during and after my frantic dash back to the UK as follows:-

She (WD shop lady) was supposed to ensure the dress was available to us to review before I came back to CY. Surprisingly that didn't happen.
First email after my return asking she for my deposit back earned a response of no way but an agreement that she would send the dress anyway to daughter at no additional cost.
When the dress eventually arrived it was clear that it was the 'display' dress as the label had been cut out, it was the wrong back fastening and was three sizes too big.
I contacted the manufacturer and confirmed that daughters 'real' dress was still with them, as it had been since Nov and still couldn't be sent out to she because she hadn't paid for it.
Stinkingly stroppy email from me then to she DEMANDED that she immediately refund my deposit or I would take every possible action to retrieve not only my original deposit but all other associated expenses incurred since then, giving her a specific deadline on deposit return  angry041:.
Received response from she stating that provided the deposit return would be consider in full and final settlement she would comply with the rquest to refund the full depsoit and, oh by the way' feel free to sell the 'display' dress on ebay or similar  rubschin:
First deadline for return of deposit missed with lame excuse from she and new, week later, deadline set
2nd deadline for full return of deposit paid was met eeek: eeek: eeek:   
Have spoken this morning with the manufacturer who have confirmed that if we want to sell on the 'display' dress they have no problem with that and that they are now also in the process themselves of taking she to the courts for non payment !

So does any one want/need a reasonably priced WD ???
Offers now being accepted  whistle:   

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
Re: Closing off the wedding dress fiasco
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 10:21:08 AM »
Er, no thanks.

RTFM

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 10:23:24 AM »
Some questions occur:
(i) Do I want to get married again?
(ii) Would the dress fit me?
(iii) Given that the answer to (i) & (ii) turn out to be a very unlikely yes Would I want to wear the same dress as Miss Piggy?

Taken all in all and after due consideration I have to say that the answer to all questions posed is a resounding NO thank you.

But a Bonio to place under my pillow so that I may dream of my love would be nice.

Oh and well done for sorting the woman .... I should still go to court for damages for distress (Or Dis Dress if she happens to be West Indian)
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Landlady

• Fool Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 11:51:01 AM »
Tel - okay based on your hoodie outfit avatar I thought a switch to white and a veil 'might' be quite fetching  rubschin:

Snoops -Point taken ref the alterations that might be required  rubschin: howver remember to dust off your special hound dog outfit for the doggie usher services you have been volunteered for  eyes: As pub mutt you are obviously entitled to first refusal of all food at the wedding breakfast that falls onto the floor region and a 'special' piece of wedding cake will be placed under your kennel pillow  cloud9:   

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008, 12:28:52 PM »
I only live about 4 miles from Old Basing where I think you said the shop is. Me and the "Mrs" have been together 19 years now and have never got around to tying the knot. Just in case she pops the question on the 29th, would you recommend the shop

(retreats hastily)

I am certain that Mrs JOM is a lovely lady but to be on the safe side I suggest getting up very early on Feb 29th and going fishing on the Basingstoke Canal for the day .... returning only once midnight has struck and the date has become 1st March.

Complicated perhaps but far safer than saying "No Thanks" which would result in  angry041: folowed by fence: and then ec;

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008, 06:25:31 PM »
I only live about 4 miles from Old Basing where I think you said the shop is. Me and the "Mrs" have been together 19 years now and have never got around to tying the knot. Just in case she pops the question on the 29th, would you recommend the shop

(retreats hastily)

I am certain that Mrs JOM is a lovely lady but to be on the safe side I suggest getting up very early on Feb 29th and going fishing on the Basingstoke Canal for the day .... returning only once midnight has struck and the date has become 1st March.

Complicated perhaps but far safer than saying "No Thanks" which would result in  angry041: folowed by fence: and then ec;

That pretty much matches my cunning plan, the previous four plans in the other leap years have worked so far, but I still think she didn't really believe the Bin-Laden kidnapping episode in 2004
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 05:47:38 AM »
It is finally sorted  ;D

The saga went on (for those of you who are interested  No:) during and after my frantic dash back to the UK as follows:-

She (WD shop lady) was supposed to ensure the dress was available to us to review before I came back to CY. Surprisingly that didn't happen.
First email after my return asking she for my deposit back earned a response of no way but an agreement that she would send the dress anyway to daughter at no additional cost.
When the dress eventually arrived it was clear that it was the 'display' dress as the label had been cut out, it was the wrong back fastening and was three sizes too big.
I contacted the manufacturer and confirmed that daughters 'real' dress was still with them, as it had been since Nov and still couldn't be sent out to she because she hadn't paid for it.
Stinkingly stroppy email from me then to she DEMANDED that she immediately refund my deposit or I would take every possible action to retrieve not only my original deposit but all other associated expenses incurred since then, giving her a specific deadline on deposit return  angry041:.
Received response from she stating that provided the deposit return would be consider in full and final settlement she would comply with the rquest to refund the full depsoit and, oh by the way' feel free to sell the 'display' dress on ebay or similar  rubschin:
First deadline for return of deposit missed with lame excuse from she and new, week later, deadline set
2nd deadline for full return of deposit paid was met eeek: eeek: eeek:   
Have spoken this morning with the manufacturer who have confirmed that if we want to sell on the 'display' dress they have no problem with that and that they are now also in the process themselves of taking she to the courts for non payment !

So does any one want/need a reasonably priced WD ???
Offers now being accepted  whistle:   
No doubt we will be investing the refund in a fisheye lens?  eyes:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 08:03:26 AM »
Do you really, really think so?  point:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 08:05:26 AM »
Do you really, really think so?  point:
no...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008, 08:43:27 AM »
After the helicopter fiasco I doubt it very much!

I'd love the dress but having seen the size of Miss Piggy I doubt very much that I could even get it over my head.  noooo:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2008, 08:45:15 AM »

I'd love the dress but having seen the size of Miss Piggy I doubt very much that I could even get it over my head.  noooo:
It's size 14 apparently...  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2008, 08:45:49 AM »

You have big ears? eeek:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2008, 08:46:25 AM »
HUGE! One sticks out more than the other too.  sad24:

Miss Piggy is NO way a 14!

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!