Author Topic: I didn't feel a thing  (Read 10476 times)

Offline TG

• Fool Member
Re: I didn't feel a thing
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2008, 01:57:14 PM »
And this one. Which was accompanied by the following comment from A. Knob in Lincoln :

The terrifying power of nature was bought home to me today with a shattering irrefutability. What of the environmental legacy are we leaving our kids?

eeek:

and the photo :

I think my cat wants to kill me...

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2008, 02:03:54 PM »
The ‘experts’ are now saying it was the biggest quake since Wenchy’s tat mountain fell over… scared:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2008, 02:04:19 PM »
They obviously don't have Young's up there TG. After ten or so pints, some of my farts have been known to move the bed across the bedroom floor - Mrs TMR (to be - and not with child) will testify.

Tel - most of the inhabitants of the pubic bar will eat you without salt if you put that on. I'm on loose ground by continually putting Chas and Dave on to annoy the Chelsea fans, but Tubular Bells may consign you to being hanged from a Jumbrella. Tread carefully.

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2008, 02:10:13 PM »
Now this one is a tragedy. Poor souls.  sad24:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2008, 02:10:39 PM »
I would hardly call a Fender "special"! Used, mainly, by players who use its forgiving nature to compensate for their relative lack of ability. Not in all cases - just most.

Tel - Tubular Bells! We will have words later...

I plucked (pun intended) the name Fender  out of the memory bank to demonstrate that it is not a "named" brand. Guitar players differ as to which "brand" is the best. There is as much snobbery about guitar makes as there is about motor cycles. I was trying hard to avoid it.
The child's guitar is in fact an "Acoustic Special" three quarter size available at your local Argos for about £69 complete with a small 10 watt amp. It is highly suitable for her purposes which include lugging it to and from school.
But it makes no difference.
Owning a Stradivarius would not enable her to play violin like Nigel Kennedy nor would owning a highly priced named guitar make her play like Eric Clapton.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2008, 02:11:11 PM »
They obviously don't have Young's up there TG. After ten or so pints, some of my farts have been known to move the bed across the bedroom floor - Mrs TMR (to be - and not with child) will testify.

Tel - most of the inhabitants of the pubic bar will eat you without salt if you put that on. I'm on loose ground by continually putting Chas and Dave on to annoy the Chelsea fans, but Tubular Bells may consign you to being hanged from a Jumbrella. Tread carefully.

Well they didn't recognise America by Nice!

Will be looking for Rainbow Chaser  (one of the first records to feature skying) by Nirvana - the original group not that poxy one with Curt Obnoxious in it.

RTFM

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2008, 02:16:14 PM »
The ‘experts’ are now saying it was the biggest quake since Wenchy’s tat mountain fell over… scared:

happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline TG

• Fool Member
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2008, 02:30:47 PM »
And some comments from the BBC news contributors :

i was watching tv and then my cabinet fell on me  point:

I heard a noise, the house shook for a few seconds - I thought it was the reptoids coming to get me...  happy088

I was asleep in bed when I was suddenly awaken to the feeling that the room was shaking.  surrender:

my mum woke up and thought it was me snoring again and she went back to sleep.  eeek:

My Bottle Drink started Shaking then Drop... Thought it was a BIG truck that went passed my house..  rubschin:

5.2 I would give it a higher mark than that. It was my favourite earthquake so far...well done.  lol:

sleep017

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2008, 02:31:32 PM »
I would hardly call a Fender "special"! Used, mainly, by players who use its forgiving nature to compensate for their relative lack of ability. Not in all cases - just most.

I plucked (pun intended) the name Fender  out of the memory bank to demonstrate that it is not a "named" brand. Guitar players differ as to which "brand" is the best. There is as much snobbery about guitar makes as there is about motor cycles. I was trying hard to avoid it.
The child's guitar is in fact an "Acoustic Special" three quarter size available at your local Argos for about £69 complete with a small 10 watt amp. It is highly suitable for her purposes which include lugging it to and from school.
Owning a Stradivarius would not enable her to play violin like Nigel Kennedy nor would owning a highly priced named guitar make her play like Eric Clapton.

Pray tell, what is an "Argos"?  whistle:

But you are right, my Gretsch is utterly wasted on my amateur fumblings, but there again I always wanted one and it is an appreciating asset.

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2008, 03:12:35 PM »
Angry9: Bloody kids  censored: board is full of them.

Bloody Saga-louts

(got all three tubular Bells albums, even a picture disc of the original one)
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2008, 03:37:00 PM »

Pray tell, what is an "Argos"?  whistle:

But you are right, my Gretsch is utterly wasted on my amateur fumblings, but there again I always wanted one and it is an appreciating asset.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Home.htm

As for the guitar .... do you really think I am stupid enough to pay out that sort of money for a 13 year old (as she was at the time) to play at being a "rock chick" with her giggling mates and their oafish boyfriends? She wants assets? She can get a fvcking paper round and fund them herself. censored:
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2008, 03:51:54 PM »
Have I riled the hound? Again?! Sorry Snoops, I'll give you a good belly rub when we meet.

My 13 year old godson (also a leftie) has played the Gretsch and, I must admit, I was sh1tting bricks thinking he would drop it, whack it of all wall etc...

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2008, 03:54:07 PM »
Course you haven't riled me you silly old Hector.
But we do need to inject a bit of "bite" here at times do we not?

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2008, 04:07:01 PM »
Course you haven't riled me you silly old Hector.
But we do need to inject a bit of "bite" here at times do we not?

True. To move forward...

STOP BLOODY CALLING ME HECTOR, ALL THE B@STARDS AT WORK DO THAT TOO !!! I IN NO WAY LOOK LIKE A BEAGLE AND IT WAS ONLY DOWN TO ONE, OFF-THE-CUFF COMMENT I MADE. ONCE. FUCKING ONCE. AND ONCE FUCKING ONLY!

Young's O'clock. Strop on. Tel, you put Tubular Bells later on and I shall insert a 25 gram Unicorn "Phil Taylor" dart into your temple.  Banghead

AND THE NEW FUCKING PRINTERS ARE STILL DUPLEXING AND THE BASTARD TECHNICIAN DOESN'T KNOW WHY.

Grrr!!!!

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2008, 04:11:09 PM »
Oh dear .......... a lucky shot I must confess but it is out now. point: