Author Topic: Whoops  (Read 560 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Whoops
« on: February 28, 2008, 10:32:06 AM »
A few weeks back 2 four year old girls escaped from the local primary school through a hole in a fence and walked a mile to one of their houses to "play" in the garden (parents were at work). Major panic. Police. Parents. Helicopters. Sniffer dogs.

Yesterday a mate of mine went to pick up his daughter from the same school. Not there. eeek: Major panic. Police. Parents. Helicopters. Sniffer dogs.

After an hour it turned out her mum had picked her up seconds before and had forgotten to mention to Daddy that she was doing so and had gone shopping with daughter and with her moby switched off.

Red faces all round
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Whoops
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 11:22:08 AM »
My lad (Now & but 5 at the time) decided that a teacher had treated him unfairly in that she had promised him something and then given it to another child, told the teacher so and when she told him to be quiet, walked out of the room. She failed to follow him as he marched past the headteacher's office, past the school secretary, out through the front doors of the school, across the school gardens, out of the open gates and headed for the park next to the school. He was spotted on the swings by an incoming dinner lady and taken back to school. He had been "missing" for an estimated 20 minutes and they had not noticed until the dinner lady brought him back in.

The head called us in and remonstrated with us that XXXXX must be taught that he should not do such things. Head got very upset when I demanded a full enquiry by the LEA and the suspension of the teacher. He could not see why I was more horrified at the inaction of the school in preventing a child from being able to do this than with the child for taking advantage of their slackness. All external doors are now properly secured and the teacher reinstated on appeal. She crosses the road if she see me coming. eveilgrin:

When asked why he had gone to the park and not come home t'lad said "'Cos to come home I'd have had to cross the main road but to go to the park there were no roads to cross". Not, as I pointed out to the head, the actions of a naughty child but those of a child who felt that he had been treated unfairly and he was going to make his point in the only way he could see open to him .... without breaking the rules set by us about the main road.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 11:24:20 AM »
My lad (Now & but 5 at the time) decided that a teacher had treated him unfairly in that she had promised him something and then given it to another child, told the teacher so and when she told him to be quiet, walked out of the room. She failed to follow him as he marched past the headteacher's office, past the school secretary, out through the front doors of the school, across the school gardens, out of the open gates and headed for the park next to the school. He was spotted on the swings by an incoming dinner lady and taken back to school. He had been "missing" for an estimated 20 minutes and they had not noticed until the dinner lady brought him back in.

The head called us in and remonstrated with us that XXXXX must be taught that he should not do such things. Head got very upset when I demanded a full enquiry by the LEA and the suspension of the teacher. He could not see why I was more horrified at the inaction of the school in preventing a child from being able to do this than with the child for taking advantage of their slackness. All external doors are now properly secured and the teacher reinstated on appeal. She crosses the road if she see me coming. eveilgrin:

When asked why he had gone to the park and not come home t'lad said "'Cos to come home I'd have had to cross the main road but to go to the park there were no roads to cross". Not, as I pointed out to the head, the actions of a naughty child but those of a child who felt that he had been treated unfairly and he was going to make his point in the only way he could see open to him .... without breaking the rules set by us about the main road.
happ096
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 11:24:45 AM »
He beat me to it!
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile