Author Topic: Earth moving in Cyprus  (Read 2693 times)

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
Re: Earth moving in Cyprus
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2008, 07:10:44 PM »
It appears to be a bit of a hobby here.... lorries full of earth removed from one place and dumped in another.... reason not always obvious. This week it has reached stupidty!

They are building a new road .... at t'end of my garden (well almost). For the last 2 weeks we have been entertained by lorries brining earth down the road and creating a new mountain (not a tat one BW!)

Today they continue to bring the earth.... BUT...every other lorry is going out with a different load of earth... the pattern seems to be 2 in - 1 out.

I'm convinced Cyprus will be 10 miles further south in the Med within the year..... if it hasn't sunk for all the concrete being mixed.

Suggestions?????????????????????????   eeek:

Oh this should be fun!!!!   scared2:

Is it definitely earth they are taking away? When extracting gravel etc for road construction quite often the hole where the gravel is infilled with "landfill"
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2008, 01:05:38 AM »
Do we allow words like F*llicles on here?

Got any more suspect words/phrases?
Thousands eyes:
I mostly despair

Tinkerbell

« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2008, 07:38:00 AM »
It appears to be a bit of a hobby here.... lorries full of earth removed from one place and dumped in another.... reason not always obvious. This week it has reached stupidty!

They are building a new road .... at t'end of my garden (well almost). For the last 2 weeks we have been entertained by lorries brining earth down the road and creating a new mountain (not a tat one BW!)

Today they continue to bring the earth.... BUT...every other lorry is going out with a different load of earth... the pattern seems to be 2 in - 1 out.

I'm convinced Cyprus will be 10 miles further south in the Med within the year..... if it hasn't sunk for all the concrete being mixed.

Suggestions?????????????????????????   eeek:

Oh this should be fun!!!!   scared2:

Is it definitely earth they are taking away? When extracting gravel etc for road construction quite often the hole where the gravel is infilled with "landfill"

Definitely earth'.... horrible dusty brown stuff that blows everywhere when it's dry and sticks to your boots when wet!!! Haven't seen them moving gravel..... ever.....it's all on the beaches!!!!!

Update today.....we're apparently back to the one-way shuffle..... inwards. Mountain is getting bigger and the valley behind where we go walkies with resident mutt, is getting smaller and smaller....soon won't be able to get round there at all! 

I will update at regular intervals...but for now I HAVE TO GO OUT BM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   noooo:

Never mind............. we move to the edge of the cliff in 2 weeks.........hurrah!!!!!!    lol:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2008, 10:28:47 AM »
Never mind............. we move to the edge of the cliff in 2 weeks.........hurrah!!!!!!    lol:

Judging from the amount of earth being shifted you could soon be closer to the cliffs without even moving.....   whistle:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.