Disgusterous

Author Topic: Pointless cleaning (wimmin again)  (Read 4379 times)

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Pointless cleaning (wimmin again)
« on: March 02, 2008, 11:33:35 AM »
We have had builders in for the last week knocking hell out of our dining room. We have left the old carpet down which will be replaced once the over-chatty decorator has been to paint the new walls.

Mrs Nick has insisted on hoovering said carpet each day this week after the builders have left, and they then, of course, return the next day and continue hammering and plastering.

Now the over chatty painter has called to say he can start work tomorrow. Mrs Nick has decided to clean the room and hoover the carpet before he comes!! WHY???? Banghead

He will make more mess and then we shall take the carpet to the tip. SHe has now insisted we cancel the Mother's Day lunch I had booked so that she can clean the room. cussing: cussing:

She is quite irate and insistent scared2:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Pointless cleaning (wimmin again)
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2008, 11:42:27 AM »
We have had builders in for the last week knocking hell out of our dining room. We have left the old carpet down which will be replaced once the over-chatty decorator has been to paint the new walls.

Mrs Nick has insisted on hoovering said carpet each day this week after the builders have left, and they then, of course, return the next day and continue hammering and plastering.

Now the over chatty painter has called to say he can start work tomorrow. Mrs Nick has decided to clean the room and hoover the carpet before he comes!! WHY???? Banghead

He will make more mess and then we shall take the carpet to the tip. SHe has now insisted we cancel the Mother's Day lunch I had booked so that she can clean the room. cussing: cussing:

She is quite irate and insistent scared2:
LL is the same about cleaning...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Nick

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 11:43:57 AM »
Hormonal or psychological? rubschin:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 11:45:07 AM »
Hormonal or psychological? rubschin:
She uses a broom...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Nick

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 11:46:44 AM »
The flying sort?

Anyway you are a free man. Should you not be out frolicking? eyes:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2008, 11:47:39 AM »
The flying sort?

Anyway you are a free man. Should you not be out frolicking? eyes:
Perhaps I am...  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2008, 01:23:18 PM »
He's at home cleaning Nick .... You know it, I know it and most of all LL knows it.

As for Mrs Nick ... It is all about not letting the workmen think she has a dirty house. It is illogical but they are all like it. My MiL, who had a stroke before Christmas is now home with "assistance" coming in daily to help her get up, dressed and to do any cleaning etc. The old girl is absolutely determined to make sure the house is clean and tidy before the help arrives so cleans and dusts it every night before she goes to bed.  Oh and because the FiL left her "comfortably" well off she actually pays for the cleaner that she is cleaning up in advance of.
You make sense of it .... nobody else can. ::)
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2008, 01:29:36 PM »
He's at home cleaning Nick .... You know it, I know it and most of all LL knows it.

As for Mrs Nick ... It is all about not letting the workmen think she has a dirty house. It is illogical but they are all like it. My MiL, who had a stroke before Christmas is now home with "assistance" coming in daily to help her get up, dressed and to do any cleaning etc. The old girl is absolutely determined to make sure the house is clean and tidy before the help arrives so cleans and dusts it every night before she goes to bed.  Oh and because the FiL left her "comfortably" well off she actually pays for the cleaner that she is cleaning up in advance of.
I am not cleaning!  Banghead

I haven't even made the bed...  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Nick

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2008, 02:27:32 PM »

Is it flatpacked?

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2008, 02:31:39 PM »

Is it flatpacked?
lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Nick

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2008, 02:32:48 PM »
I have been ordered to go up a stepladder and remove ketchup from the kitchen ceiling. evil:

Why me? I didn't put it there noooo:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2008, 02:35:40 PM »
I have been ordered to go up a stepladder and remove ketchup from the kitchen ceiling. evil:

Why me? I didn't put it there noooo:
tsk... do as you're told Nicolas...  point:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2008, 08:46:42 AM »

Not all of us are!  redface:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2008, 08:51:55 AM »

Not all of us are!  redface:
Slut.
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2008, 08:52:46 AM »
Where housework and other things  eyes: are concerned I am married to a self confessed slut. HOWEVER
The mere mention of a proposed visit by anyone, be they decorator, builder, mother, sister, brother or the ladies of the WI has her in a frenzy of dusting, vacuuming and polishing. The children all reckon that at such times, should they be foolish enough to stand still, she will use the Mr Sheen on them.
Given a totally unexpected visit by anyone and she will spend the first half an hour saying how sorry she is that the place is a tip. She even cleans and dusts the living rooms before the chimney sweep makes his bi annual visits.
Wimmin are weird!
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.